Video game music that slaps for no reason

Sir Pentious

I have a problem
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
Gimme some video game music you think slaps really hard (in contrast to the location it's used in).

For me, Mt. Pyre (Peak) in Pokemon Omega Ruby definitely fits this. The ORAS one in particular.

theres the song after you finish making your plush in teddy textile and some other song from my pony park
yes htese are both flash games from girlsgogames and ion care
if you wanna see for yourself. i only have videos i posted in discord whoops
go paste them into your private discord server or wahtever to watch them from the embeds

This is from a vinesauce corruption stockpile, and is timestamped, but theres this fishing game where the muisc is SO Good and goes SO hard for literally no reason

also angry birds.
i think these two win this post tbh

Ace Race from MC Championship

This is for a Minecraft mini-game tournament by the way. One you can't even play because it's only played once a month by a variety of minecraft youtubers/streamers. Still, someone of the dev team decided the music had to be good.

Trap Hideout - Freedom Planet

Ok so, your girlfriend left you (dont worry you get back together with her later) and you have no choice but to drag your adopted child of a different species to your old bandit hideout to confront your exboss to try to get him to help you defeat a green alien overlord who wants to conquer the planet

but at least the music slaps
also Freedom Planet OST is very good, go listen to it

Last edited:
I know The Sims uses mostly licensed, nonvgm music (remixed with Simlish lyrics instead of English) but there are a few "made for The Sims" tracks that you can choose to play on the radio, so those would technically constitute as video game music. The dumb life simulator with the optional radio actually has quite a bit of original tunes that sound great.

This song has been in Sims 1 and it's been in pretty much every Sims game, including 4.

A lot of the made-for tunes can be found in Electronica stations, such as "Born Again" from Sims 3.

Oh, I need to talk about Spore: Galactic Adventures, much of the Spore music that does slap are mostly taken from other games. One of the tracks I like, Pump-U-Up, is actually just Superstar from The Sims: Superstar, and I was blown away this sci-fi sounding tune that fits in the spacey Galactic Adventures is just from some dumb game where you watch your characters piss.

But there's this song called Downhill (it's MetroGnome from Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed), and it's great.

SilvaGunner even did a mashup of it.

Plus there's this song called "Final Hour" that's originally from Spore: Galactic Adventures (as Metal Madness) that plays in Saints Row IV.

all im saying, the Spore: Galactic Adventures music you can choose, it's pretty amazing they took music from a huge diverse library of EA published titles. the game doesn't tell you where it's from but it's great

Reactions: zel

I mean it fits the tone, just not a game of this quality

I guess maybe Gloam Valley? That's one of my all time favourite tunes in the Mario franchise and it's in just one level of one game and not a hugely significant level at that

I unfortunately now associate this song with Sims being miserable and breaking down and laughing maniacally.

Pokemon Dash is rubbish and it will break your touch screen (it's also a neat concept ruined by the fact you're stuck with Pikachu) but this song has no reason to be good. Of course it sits at low view counts on YouTube from what I'm seeing, so it's clearly an underrated song and I wish it was put on a better soundchip and stuff.

This is also from an edutainment title from my childhood, of all things. Groovy. But all the levels are really good, they're all worth a listen if you like that style of music.

Last edited:

This game is The Morning Adventure, which is unique is that it is made to promote the Spanish product, basically a bread with chocolate dots. Indeed, this GBA game was made and licensed by Nintendo, and the music is very melodious even though there are only a handful of them, which are all in the video I posted. The main character had a Mario vibe thanks to being cartoony, though the comparison to Terry Bogard is also made.

Thank you for reading.

The first Tak game has this theme play every time a Nubu Plant is fought. And those are very easy battles. (I should also mention that the rest of the game has relaxing tribal music).

Last edited:

bringing back the thread from the dead because i want to tell everyone about a new one. whichis also from. this
understandably so, this is the first search result for world 1 remix music
the actual level it primarily plays in is mostly a whole lot of cyan. alongside a neat subarea that has the same song
unknown.png
unknown.png

Back