Third-in-command, strong, smart, handsome, funny
- Ray Trace
Greetings, members of the MarioWiki community. As the Lord of Chairs of the Pole Committee, I aspire to take over the world, now that you have elected I, Ray Trace (aliases: BabyLuigiOnFire, Baby Luigi, or a Protector name) and his second-in-command goose, Luigi 64DD, to be in power. In order to set our plans for a successful world domination, we plan to infiltrate the MarioWiki polls, ask questions to our readerbase, being completely loyal Mario fans, and then use the proceeds of the results to take over Nintendo, cater to what the hordes want, and influence them enough to recruit them in our army. However, like any good super villain, we need minions that will help accomplish the menial tasks required, and that is figuring out what kinds of polls we need that would engage our readerbase.
We are searching for seven minions. I'm sticking with seven, because seven is not only a lucky number, but I feel like that amount has been used for a lot of years and I don't feel like we need any more than that to achieve our goals.
Being part of the Poll Committee requires the following traits:
- A forum account (posting on the subforum is absolutely required; a wiki account, however, is NOT required)
- Not being currently banned in any of the wiki's communities (eg being currently banned on Discord, being currently blocked on the wiki, being banned on Marioboards)
Poll Committee minions are recommended to have the following traits:
- They need to have strong commitment to the Poll Committee's goals. Working for the Poll Committee isn't something that is all that strenuous, but I DO want someone who will be regularly and reliably active. You are expected to participate regularly in poll voting and occasionally create polls yourself. Inactivity is grounds for being nixed, because we heavily rely upon voting in our topics to get things done around here. You are also expected to contribute to the 'Shroom at some point or another.
- They need to be honest. I want straight and upfront constructive criticism of polls. Someone who isn't afraid of speaking their mind. Of course, that doesn't necessarily equate to being rude for the heck of it, but I heavily value feedback and discussion among others. This also factors into activity, which is the most important part of our goals.
- Adding on to the point above, you need to take criticism well. Your polls WILL be scrutinized by others and you will sometimes have to deal with your ideas being rejected or heavily modified. Keep this in mind.
- While I do encourage fun in this committee, world domination is not completely a laughing matter. Remind yourself that you're mainly in here to come up with engaging, thoughtful polls rather than bragging about your pink stars banner on the boards (or having a pink username if you're on the Discord).
When presenting your minion job application to us, the following is required:
- Give a blurb about yourself. The more descriptive and interesting you are, the better. Be as fun as possible for your bio!
- Supply an image of a character you'd like to be represented as, such as an original character or a user character. If you are not artistic, then a description will do but an image is heavily preferred.
- Sample poll. Write a poll as if you're actually making a poll for MarioWiki's poll committee.