What Mario Level made you almost or full-on ragequit

What is a microphone?(There is one Correct Answer)

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • How do I know?

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toasty Toad

All toasters toast toast
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
GreenWeegee
NSMBW 9-7 I tried 20 times with a star and with random power-ups and when I beat it I realized I did not grab a star coin but it gets easier once you do it once
SMG Luigi´s Purple Coins I tried it over 80 times and at attempt 67 I screamed at a pillow

Last edited:
Yoshi's New Island 4S, See Poochy Run.

I hate hate hate hate this level, it's spikes everywhere and it demands extremely precise platforming and timing or else you're dead.

You need super good reflexes to beat it (especially the first part which ate a good chunk of my lives), and sometimes Poochy is a bit stupid and he doesn't go underneath you when you need him to (he can stop like right in front of you and bam you're dead).

Super Mario 3D World's Champion's Run can go fuck itself too, as well as any other levels in its genre (like The Perfect Run or World 8 Crown from 3D Land). It's usually just an extremely lazy strung together levels with artificial length using only recycled assets and of course there are no checkpoints whatsoever. At the very least, the Yoshi's New Island 4S level is comparably short, all of its special levels are, so they're usually pretty merciful and they aren't longer than what they need to be.

Champion's Road, The Perfect Run, every single level in Multuplayer Versus

Almost every Level in VLDC8 but this one got my nerves I am so glad I beat it but I used the first goal post thing If I did it the intended way it would take over 15 minutes and there is no checkpoints

Last edited:
Basically every stage in Hotel Mario.

I would say originally, Tubular, from Super Mario World. Though I give points to Rainbow Ride in Super Mario 64 being the bane of my existence as well because of how long it took me when I was 12 to get the 100-coins and subsequently my last star for the full 120 at the time. Playing 64 again I'm discovering if I do the 100 coins at the same time as the red coin collecting my life is much easier.

which level is tubular because my least favorite was the one with the P-balloon

Tubular is the one with the P-wing.

Uh, no it's the one with the P-Balloon. :p

Tubular is at least short. In fact, it feels like a Yoshi's Island Special Level more than anything lol.

Rainbow Ride is a pretty crap level though. It plays against Super Mario 64's strengths in favor of riding extremely slow ass carpets to a star you potentially don't know which one to take.

Ricco Harbor in Mario Sunshine had me almost rage quit. And yet it is my favorite Mario game after Paper Mario.

Last edited:
Poochy Aint Stupid - Yoshi's Island
It's See Poochy Run but worse, not only is it an auto-scroller, but it requires stupidly precise platforming.
Not to mention there is lava and enemies trying to bombard you.

It's so funny how Super Mario Sunshine is like, an entry in the very polished Mario 3D platformer series and yet you have levels that are flat out broken jank like the Panchiko Machine or have very awful level design like the Lily Pad ride. It gives me the feeling that it wasn't playtested.

It's so funny how Super Mario Sunshine is like, an entry in the very polished Mario 3D platformer series and yet you have levels that are flat out broken jank like the Panchiko Machine or have very awful level design like the Lily Pad ride. It gives me the feeling that it wasn't playtested.
Speaking of the Lily Pad ride, theres a glitch where you can literally clip in the water and stay alive.

Indeed, Sunshine I think may have been rushed out because there hadn't been a main Mario Plateformer.GC launched with Luigi's Mansion, which was an odd choice. Nintendo took major risks with GC era games but notably have not tried to do so again, everything is status quo.

I legit quit my stream due to the frustration playing that one mission in Sunshine Pinna Park where you have to scale the back of the ferris wheel. It wasn't even a particularly bad mission as far as Sunshine goes, I'd just already built up so much frustration on other missions that it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Just a testament to how frustrating I get with Sunshine's physics.

Edit: LMAO I didn't even realize the recent posts were also criticizing Sunshine's jank, how fitting.

My brother rage quit Super Mario World II: Yoshi's Island (SNES) in the final boss fight with Mega Baby Bowser. That was the only time I saw him throw a controller.

I want to see someone mention World 8 Castle from Super Mario Bros. 3 in this thread.

World 3 castle is its easier cousin but my god does this level suck. It's not like it's difficult or anything but it drops you to the same fucking pool of water over and over and over when you take the wrong door and there are a lot of wrong doors to take. I don't like trial and error shit like this. I never played World 8 Castle but my god.

Back