The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

This is shaping up to a cinematic masterpiece

I was skeptical of the movie's quality at first, and there are a few choices I would do differently if I was somehow making a Mario Movie, but I've seen enough to want to root for the movie to be good now.

This is a completely different subject.

Will the upcoming Super Mario Bros. Movie could lead to the Super Mario franchise's first cartoon show since The Super Mario World cartoon in 1991? It's really hard to believe that Mario has not had a new cartoon show in more than three decades, probably before most of you were born, while Sonic has so many cartoon shows since then. Not just Sonic but Pokemon, Kirby, F-Zero, even Pac-Man got a new cartoon show in the 32 years since the last Mario cartoon. I would do anything to finally see a new Mario cartoon after 32 years even if it streams on Peacock, Netflix or on whatever streaming service it streams on.

This is a completely different subject.

Will the upcoming Super Mario Bros. Movie could lead to the Super Mario franchise's first cartoon show since The Super Mario World cartoon in 1991? It's really hard to believe that Mario has not had a new cartoon show in more than three decades, probably before most of you were born, while Sonic has so many cartoon shows since then. Not just Sonic but Pokemon, Kirby, F-Zero, even Pac-Man got a new cartoon show in the 32 years since the last Mario cartoon. I would do anything to finally see a new Mario cartoon after 32 years even if it streams on Peacock, Netflix or on whatever streaming service it streams on.
You have a point. Mario and Zelda are arguably Nintendo's biggest franchises yet they haven't had a cartoon since the early 90s if not late 80s. Would be cool if this movie is a gateway for Nintendo franchises to move into more stuff like movies/cartoons/anime/etc.

I wonder if 'prestige' might be a factor going forward on this. Mario is they're biggest franchise they might noylt want him in anything but cinematic animation

Lately I've been thinking about the Super Mario Bros. Plumbing commercial, and how it may have been formed...

Perhaps after abandoning Foreman Spike's business, Mario and Luigi stumbled onto a home, where a woman was having major problems with her plumbing. The Mario Bros. answered her call, and succeeded in fixing her plumbing problem. The woman gladly thanked the Mario Bros., and when she learned that they were out of a job and lacking a place to stay, took pity, and loaned them the basement portion of her home.

The Mario Bros. made do with the hand they were given, but they still had to make enough money to pay their rent (or risk getting kicked out by the woman who let them stay in her basement). Eventually, in hopes of further expanding their budget, they decided to advertise their business, and the woman helped them set it up.

This idea would indicate that the woman and the Mario Bros. are well-acquainted (despite not being related) with each other. It would also take away the thought that she was a "reluctant" person, and that the "bank account" statement was an act to show that the service fees are fair.

Just got back from watching the trailer! It was super cool, and I got to see Lumalee for the first time! I can't wait for April 5th, when it releases!

From the updated SMBPlumbing.com website

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 00-19-11 Super Mario Bros. Plumbing.png

i guess we should all thank this dude's secret underground warp zone for setting off so many mario adventures over the years. in-universe, of course.

A psycho Lumalee, imprisoned Goombas, and Bowser not recognizing the Spiny species? That sure was one amusing trailer yesterday.

It's an adaptation, it's not going to destroy anything.

So the movie is going to contradict that his hard fruit based artillery will harm you?

Back