BEST OF YOU 2020!

Chair

yo that's a sick chair tho
Pronouns
He/him
There may be a thread already like this, but this is only concerning the best posts you've created the last year, it's basically those clips that you see on YouTube from your favorite streamer creator all in one video. You don't talk about your achievements, just your favorite times that you sat there for seconds to just create a single post. If you can't remember anything, then why even bother posting here?... wait...Do I remember anything or not?

anyways, there will also be a prize for the winner of this contest, we're gonna look for every one of them and the one who wins will get...uhh... love, ig??question mark

I don't care about a prize but here's my top 5 best posts of 2020:

#5 - Speak only in your native language here.

Gday mate

#4 - Accidentally deleted files

That's not true, @Dark Light . When computers 'delete' files, they don't disappear. They're marked as ok to save over. This is how file recovery tools are able to work. If your files haven't been saved over, you can get them back.

I know on Windows you can use tools like Recurva. Unfortunately I don't know of any mobile apps. @Enterprise , you can have a hunt around online for some but if you're not confident, I'd take it to an expert as soon as possible. The earlier you do it, the better your chance of getting your stuff back. Note that there's no guarantee you will get them. It's just luck to see if they have been saved over or not.

Also keep in mind that your files could be partially saved over. If that happens, they may come back corrupted.

---------

In saying all this, if you have a recent backup or restore point as Baby Luigi suggested, I think that's the best option. These recovery tools are a last ditch effort option.

#3 - dont go in it (soz I know you don't like this thread but this is still a good post imo)

Nothing is ever free. BUT there are legitimate ways to make money online which you can exchange for eShop cards.

9Y8p7.gif

Requirements: A Paypal account. Which you can get with an email address. That's it. Though note the Terms of Service say you need to be 18yrs old. It's not something they police heavily but you should keep it in mind.

--------------

Ways to make $$$$$$$:

- Make paid forum posts! What you're doing now! Blog comments too! You can do this by advertising your services on websites like Fiverr, Forum Promotion and other web-admin sites. You can also sign up to sites like Post Loop.
- Write paid blog articles! Again, look on Forum Promotion and other web-admin sites where people will ask for paid writers.
- Take surveys. Someone mentioned this already. This is basically advertisers paying you to give feedback on their stuff. If you have an Android phone you can get some from Google that ping you whenever there's a new one. Make sure you use a burner email address when you sign up because you don't want a bunch of random advertisers knowing your personal email address. Give as little personal info as you can as well.
- If you're artistic, sell graphics on sites like Fiverr. Or sell whatever art you like on Etsy.
- Make videos on sites like Youtube and get advertiser money. Or Twitch where you can get money from subscribers and such.
- etc...

None of these require money to start with. Have a play around and see what you like. And happy gaming with your sweet eShop credit that you earnt yourself.

#2 - Favorite/Least Favorite YouTubers?

Representation matters. Lack of representation has a looping effect. If you don't see someone like you in a position, then it's harder for you to see yourself there. In turn we miss out on art from these marginalised voices. There are hundreds of studies on this. It's not limited to Youtube. It applies to all intersections of privilege (gender, race, affluence, culture, etc).

It's a cop out to say it doesn't matter.

#1 - Does Anyone still Play Wii?

Fuck I am not ready for the Wii to be 14yrs old

That time when LJS said "Crap" about something and I responded with "Language! (Throws starry shield)" is pretty embarrassing in retrospection, but I can laugh at myself about it.

I rather enjoyed making this post:

On April 18, 2020, the readership of The 'Shroom, the esteemed publication of the Super Mario Wiki, found itself facing a dilemma. The prolific writer Superchao posed a question: to whom should the focus of the May 2020 edition of Mach Speed Mayhem be bestowed? On its face, the question seemed innocuous; however, in a futile attempt to speedily resolve the issue, the community discovered that the inquiry possessed much deeper profoundness. Indeed, an extensive and philosophical debate ensued, which resulted in the formation of two prominent factions. One, led by Roserade, contends that Terry "Digi-Boy" Getter should be nominated primarily on the basis of his youth and advancement of scientific knowledge. The other party, led by Pitohui, advocates for the selection of Spade due to his dual mastery of the arts of magic and fashion. Although Roserade and Pitohui make strong arguments, they fail to consider that the best choice for the May 2020 focus of Mach Speed Mayhem is the underdog robot QQQ.

It is undeniable that Roserade and Pitohui both articulate passionate and persuasive cases in favor of their respective choices. In the case of Digi-Boy, his age and scientific achievement serve as inspirations for aspiring students worldwide. The inventor is a mere eight years old, which renders his status as a genius among his peers an outstanding accomplishment; furthermore, his technological prowess and keen interest in astronomy should clearly be nourished and encouraged. With regard to Spade, his advocacy of the arts and entertainment is commendable in a time when these fields face existential challenges. His particular focus lies within the ancient practice of magic; however, it is also noted that he is a fashion icon and has the potential to be a societal influencer. Roserade's and Pitohui's arguments urgently demand the immediate selection of their preferred candidates on the grounds that they are best-suited to receive the spotlight; in turn, they say, the community and, indeed, society at-large will ultimately benefit from these choices.

Their argument falls short, however, due to the fact that the selection of QQQ would send a stronger message to the denizens of the world. After all, this robot possesses one of the most remarkable comeback stories: branded as "obsolete" and "junk," this poor artificially intelligent being was thrown away and deemed a lost cause. Ultimately, it was found and repaired; eventually, it would go on to participate in the renowned F-Zero Grand Prix. Despite being disregarded and undermined by those who surrounded it, QQQ proved its detractors wrong and achieved greatness in spite of the odds. It is certainly important to empower the youth, the discoverers, and the artists; however, is it not also pertinent that the downtrodden receive consideration? If QQQ is selected, The 'Shroom will be choosing to promote a message of positivity, rehabilitation, and endurance; furthermore, the immediate nomination of the technological titan will bestow the highest form of recognition that the newsletter can possibly offer it.

All in all, it is clear that QQQ is the best possible choice for the May 2020 edition of Mach Speed Mayhem. There is definitely an abundance of choices from which to choose. On one hand, Roserade's Digi-Boy will inspire the young and the scientific of society. On the other, Pitohui's Spade serves as a role model for magicians and fashionistas everywhere. But it is not their time to shine: theirs are the months of June, July, and beyond. What The 'Shroom needs now is to honor an individual who, as the expression goes, has "been through hell and back." This inspirational individual is none other than QQQ.

I figured it would be fun to bust into an already entertaining discussion, pretty much from out of nowhere, just to throw in my two cents. :yoshi:

Very proud of this one, poured a lot of effort and my knowledge so I can use this as a reference point whenever someone needs help fixing renders for use in MarioWiki

Back