Mario Golf: Super Rush

You see, making Mario a midget was a mistake to begin with. Everyone else scales with him.
Yeah I agree. If they were scaled to fit in our world, Waluigi would definitely be taller than me and I think Peach and Daisy would be at least to my height (I'm 5'02").

5'02 is MY height. I don't think Peach is super short; I always saw her as at least 5'06''. But again she's always seen with Toads and paired with Mario, so this maybe makes her seem tall.

5'02 is MY height. I don't think Peach is super short; I always saw her as at least 5'06''. But again she's always seen with Toads and paired with Mario, so this maybe makes her seem tall.
The average height for an adult female is around 5'04", so that's why I imagined she would be at least somewhere in that range. And we know Waluigi towers over most of the human characters so seeing him this short conpared to the new donkers is just wrong looking. Lol

The Metro Kingdom looks to be an extremely well-developed, prosperous province whose residents have known peace, balance, and the feeling of a full belly for centuries on end. It's reasonable to imagine that this has lead to increased bodily developments in the native population, hence their freakishly tall stature.

But Waluigi's own strange stature is not to be measured against the Metro Kingdom constant. He's a freak of nature even by the standards of a Homo nintendonus (Mario's purported species). Whether this should be spun into a positive or negative is up to whoever.

Metro Kingdom has some rats and litter (and developers considered putting in stray cats according to the concept book but apparently they probably make New Donk City look too polluted), so not everything about it is all that nice IMO. Maybe that's what the New Donkers subsist from because I'm not seeing where they get supplies anywhere.

metro kingdom has a 100 ft tall drop. it's pretty good at helping ndpd stop criminals, provided they also remember that there's 100 ft drops everywhere

Are there any discoveries or curiosities made with this game that are interesting? For me, my discoveries are:
  • Boo and Rosalina have the hovering property that allows them to float over hazardous surfaces without being hindered by them. Namely, they can float over water and lava and unlike other characters, they won't get penalised immediately from going over them. Instead, their stamina gauge will slowly deplete so they can't do this forever. I do not know if they are unaffected by rough terrain.
  • Luigi's ice abilities do not work on water and lava, even though it was the case in Super Mario Galaxy. That means using the dash on water will not cause Luigi to skate over it, but basically when Luigi just touch the water, he is penalised. The golf ball turning the surrounding water or lava into ice does not allow players to travel over it (they are penalised instead).
Thank you for reading.

Back