Punch Out!!

Who has the best KO animation in Punch Out!! for the Wii?

• Little Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glass Joe

• Von Kaiser

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Disco Kid

• King Hippo

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Piston Hondo

• Bear Hugger

• Great Tiger

• Don Flamenco

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Aran Ryan

• Soda Popinski

• Bald Bull

• Super Macho Man

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mr. Sandman

• Giga Mac

• Doc Louis

• Total voters

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
I recently got into the Punch Out!! series, so I thought I'd make a thread about it.

I must say, I don't really like Super Punch Out!!, mostly, because I can't figure out what I'm doing. (How do I use the KO?!) I have made it to Mr. Dream and am stuck on him in the OG, and on the Wii one, I just cleared Aran Ryan in Title Defense last night and will probably attempt Vodka Drunkinski Soda Popinski some time this week. What are some of your experiences with the game?

Is it just me, or is Aran Ryan really, really funny?

I have a challenge, though. Try and take down Bald Bull in his bull-like charge move... WITH A STAR PUNCH!! (Anyone get that joke?) EDIT: (OK, clearly I made that up before I realized it was actually a thing, LOL.)

Last edited:
heyyyyy it's good stuff!

i unfortunately have only played the wii one. i had a lot of fun! though i dread trying mac's last stand because of my huge loss rate in career due to my strategy of throw myself at a brick wall until it works

ryan is great and i can't believe ALL THAT was created just for wii (fun trivia fact! Disco Kid is the only one who doesn't recur from an older game, but it's heavily implied by some data that he was originally Kid Quick from the arcade version, but they reworked him so much they decided he wasn't the same guy)

oh and regarding bald bull and star punches, here's something fun for TD:

He can only be knocked down, at all, by Star Punches. Good luck!

"TORO!! >:c"

"Me has pillado ._."

"Casi :/"

"Uyyy pobreee... :^)"

But more seriously, the problem with these games is that there's no replay value once you know the patterns. They all become super easy.

I love watching all of the boxer cutscenes of Punch Out Wii on YouTube, all of them are so charming, expressive, and hilarious. I adore their exaggerated stereotypes.

heyyyyy it's good stuff!

i unfortunately have only played the wii one. i had a lot of fun! though i dread trying mac's last stand because of my huge loss rate in career due to my strategy of throw myself at a brick wall until it works

ryan is great and i can't believe ALL THAT was created just for wii (fun trivia fact! Disco Kid is the only one who doesn't recur from an older game, but it's heavily implied by some data that he was originally Kid Quick from the arcade version, but they reworked him so much they decided he wasn't the same guy)

oh and regarding bald bull and star punches, here's something fun for TD:

He can only be knocked down, at all, by Star Punches. Good luck!
Yes, I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to knock him down. (I swear, when he gets up, that has to be in the top 5 creepiest gaming moments. The sound effect combined with his face?! *Shudder*)
I love watching all of the boxer cutscenes of Punch Out Wii on YouTube, all of them are so charming, expressive, and hilarious. I adore their exaggerated stereotypes.
Honestly, when you think about it, the game is pretty racist, but they pull it off in a way that doesn't really make you think it is.

Honestly, when you think about it, the game is pretty racist, but they pull it off in a way that doesn't really make you think it is.

I don't really agree that it's racist. Maybe during the SNES era, sure, but in Wii, it does it in a way that is humorous and over-the-top. Racist has too much negative connotation for me to use with the portrayals tbh.

I don't really agree that it's racist. Maybe during the SNES era, sure, but in Wii, it does it in a way that is humorous and over-the-top. Racist has too much negative connotation for me to use with the portrayals tbh.
Yeah, I guess I spoke out of turn...
Press A when the meter fills up. The arrows light up when the meter is at that position.
I've clicked every possible button, but nothing happens.

"Yeh don't look Irish!"
"Hey hoser! I'm gonna hit you so hard, you're gonna see Northern Lights, eh?"
"COMSHTEVAL! (Combat boots!)"

I seriously hate Bald Bull's TD mode.

It's.
So.
HARD.
(Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar)

How exactly does one KO Von Kaiser in five punches? If you star punch him while he's stunned, it instantly KO's him, or while he says "Mommy?" but he always gets up on the eighth or ninth count.

Have you watched the speed run of this game? Maybe it might offer clues on how to do it.

Help me:
Which punch is which?
So there's the Star Punch, (A) and then there's the two 1 & 2 punches and the two 1 & 2 up punches. Which one is the jab?

I am now on a mission to find something out:
Who has the best KO animation in Punch Out? (If someone would be so kind as to post a video with all of the animations displayed, would appreciate that! Also, I lumped both Contender and Title Defense in the same category for spacing reasons.)
Well, I really really like Von Kaiser's, Great Tiger's TD is absolutely amazing, and Aran Ryan's is great, but I have to go with Don Flamenco. You just cannot beat that!

How exactly does one KO Von Kaiser in five punches? If you star punch him while he's stunned, it instantly KO's him, or while he says "Mommy?" but he always gets up on the eighth or ninth count.

Star punching Von Kaiser while he's stunned only results in an instant knockdown, regardless of how strong the star punch is. You have to counterpunch Von Kaiser's delayed hook three times to get three stars. Afterwards, stun him with your fourth hook or jab after avoiding (or blocking) the fourth delayed hook, and wait for the stun animation to end; don't do anything during that time. When it ends, Von Kaiser will transition over to his cover taunt. Hit him with a 3-star punch right when he says "Mommy!" to score an instant knockout; it has to be a 3-star punch, or else it'll be an instant knockdown instead. That will clear the KO Von Kaiser with only 5 punches challenge.

Last edited:
A bit of help, if you will.
I'm attempting to find 6 ways to get Stars against Contender Don Flamenco, but I'm missing one. I got the following:
Punch after:
He says "Carmen mi amor!" "Toro!" "Olé!" "Viva viva!" (This is just what it sounds like to me, it's sort of hard to understand.)
He claps.

I could swear it has something to do with his triple swing, but I just don't know...

A bit of help, if you will.
I'm attempting to find 6 ways to get Stars against Contender Don Flamenco, but I'm missing one. I got the following:
Punch after:
He says "Carmen mi amor!" "Toro!" "Olé!" "Viva viva!" (This is just what it sounds like to me, it's sort of hard to understand.)
He claps.

I could swear it has something to do with his triple swing, but I just don't know...

Don Flamenco has a star opportunity for if you successfully avoid his Rose Flurry combo. However, you can NOT duck against any of the Rose Flurry hooks, or else he'll follow up with an uppercut after finishing the combo.

On a side note, Don Flamenco actually has 7 star opportunities; you can get a star by punching Don after blocking his clapping left jab. You can also counterpunch the clapping left jab to get a star, but from I understand, it's harder to pull off.

So, what's Bald Bull actually saying instead of "spanked?" Is it a bad word?

Back