what made you join this forum?

I have lurked on the wiki since I was a teenager, but one day I saw a link to the forums and thought it was neat, so I joined.

I honestly don't remember much any more. I know that my wiki sign-up was first, and that was primarily to vote on Featured Images, though I probably was lurking around for a while. I might've wanted to write for a Shroom section years ago down the line, but what I do know was that I registered for here slightly earlier than my sister it seems. I thought it was super cool to see the same users I was familiar with the wiki also interact in a more casual chatty setting, and I really wanted to join. I remember making one of my earliest posts about Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This was one of my earliest posts, made basically a day after I signed up. What I remember why I stuck around was that people actually interacted with my posts and whatnot, we had conversations, maybe stupid teenager exchanges, but a conversation. I was pretty sure one of my fears being new to the forum was that no one was going to give my posts some attention and respond. Not that I would give up immediately if my posts weren't replied to, but, getting acknowledged, I remember, felt great.

Wanted a place to share my Yoshi and Mario fandom.

Hi! I joined because I work in a highly technical (and often political) field and while I participate avidly on LinkedIn, I wanted to also have a place to just be chill and chat about something fun......and what is more fun than Mario? :)

I will give you 242 guesses.

Back