Smash Ultimate tips

be careful about trying to get skilled against cpus, they do not play the same way real people will and you could develop some bad playing habits if you rely on that

they're fine to get started with, but nothing beats grinding it out against real people online once you feel comfortable

real people are generally good to practice mind games and stuff but the wrong people can give you bad habits too such as poor di; online has input lag that changes a lot how some characters play. overall, a benefit, but wary of habits formed there too

yeah I should probably rectify- nothing beats playing people in person, but that's probably not a possibility for the time being

though if your goal is elite smash, you'll want to become accustomed to the differences of online play

so i was tryna beat every spirit battle without using spirits the other day (i wouldn't recommend doing that challenge it's brutally difficult. i mean even sakurai himself recommended not doing it), and i found the best characters to cheese specific kinds of battles. i managed to beat dry bowser spiritless (i screamed when i managed to do that) by abusing him offstage with dedede. dedede has a lot of methods to cheese battles, like using inhale offstage to spit the opponents under the stage or spiking with up b. everyone knows the fact that stages with walkoffs are perfect to cheese battles by throwing an opponent near the blastzone, and the best character for that is dk for obvious reasons. finally, for wind spirit battles, while sonic is obviously the best character for those, trying to stay on the opposite ledge from where the wind goes can help, just don't go in the air or you'll lose control.

Ridley can also cheese battles with his side b and using an aerial attack instantly after that (I forgot which aerial) underneath the ledge as well iirc.

about the sunday sale thing tho, i have no idea. i remember getting the achievement pretty early on, and i don't remember how the sale works
When you first got your smash game did you already update it? if you did that means thats probably it, i'll soon find out cause today i got it updated.

When you first got your smash game did you already update it? if you did that means thats probably it, i'll soon find out cause today i got it updated.
IT WORKED 😃 i did have a sale, a few minutes ago.

Does anyone have any tips for training a falco amiibo to be extra extra tough....too tough to beat?

Is that all? can you tell me....like who? and should i train him at all or only have him fight cpus.

i guess start by training it yourself, by using falco btw. you can feed it spirits (unless youre playing sm4sh) to level it up, but the best way to train it is yourself.

i guess start by training it yourself, by using falco btw. you can feed it spirits (unless youre playing sm4sh) to level it up, but the best way to train it is yourself.
Do you mean train it myself all the way to level 50?

that works, however you can still feed it spirits to level it up, but it won't be as good.

even when it does reach level 50 tho, you can feed it spirits to make it stronger

You mean if i feed it spirits before lv50 it won't be very tough but if i feed it spirits when its lv50 it will get tougher?
And another thing....what is the best spirits for a falco amiibo?
And how do i teach him not to jump around so much....and attack more and dodge more....and perform perfect shields.

concerning what spirits are stronger for a specific character, i dont know

if you want more info, this is a good video

In smash mode when someone wins a fight and you go down the list of results and 3 up from the bottom it says longest drought....what does that mean?

And in the sidebar when you go to the options cog and select smash then select custom balance....what does that do to opponents when you fight em?

Why are you saying that when you're supposed to be answering my question?

In smash mode when someone wins a fight and you go down the list of results and 3 up from the bottom it says longest drought....what does that mean?
Taken from SmashWiki:
"Longest Drought - Longest amount of time (in seconds) the player spent without attacking. Attacks that miss opponents are ignored."

And in the sidebar when you go to the options cog and select smash then select custom balance....what does that do to opponents when you fight em?
It applies a custom handicap to individual fighters. Characters can be assigned a value between -3 and +3, which represent damage modifiers of up to ±0.3. These values will only apply if you enable the Custom Balance rule option. (Again, taken from SmashWiki.)

you mean parrying? in that case the most important thing is being able to read your opponents, like, knowing when they'll attack or what they'll do. Parrying can be hard at first, but if you practice it becomes easy.

Back