In Which Magolor04726 And The Masses Discuss Unsatisfactory Content

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
Ever noticed something in a Mario game that made no sense or just left you hanging? Talk about those here.

To quote Brentalfloss, "The folks here need Shine Sprites to make the island shine bright but they all hoard them and blame you!" I realized he's right. You know, in Sunshine, you'll clear a mission and someone gives you a Shine Sprite. I'm like, "YOU HAD THIS THE WHOLE TIME?!" Ever notice something like that?

Last edited:
That's not a plothole but more just a convenient way to let you earn shines. Mario has never really made sense in the first place anyway.

>Mario.
>Plotholes.

Pfft. Yeah, you know my stance on that.

i think the mario rpgs leave several things unexplained and whilst i adore their stories nonetheless, i would like for instance to know how fawful and cackletta met, or what happened to midbus after the events of BIS

Are those really plot holes tho? Pretty sure a plot hole is something that exists within the story that doesn't make sense due to previous contradictory info that was already established. The absence of story bits that aren't integral to the plot is not a plot hole.

Maybe I should change the name... But what should I change it to?

Are those really plot holes tho? Pretty sure a plot hole is something that exists within the story that doesn't make sense due to previous contradictory info that was already established. The absence of story bits that aren't integral to the plot is not a plot hole.
can confirm, a true plot hole is an actual break in the plot, where when looking at the info it doesn't make sense. like if something is very specifically established to only work one way and then abruptly works another

midbus is just "unexplained fate", fawful and cackletta "unrevealed backstory", stuff like that isn't a plot hole

Then maybe "Unsatisfactory Content" would be a better name.

There we go. Better name than the last.

The main twist in Superstar Saga didn't make any sense to me to this day.

No, the one where Birdo's voice was stolen. That one I think they half-assed just so the plot can move along, and I think the voice stealing part has been completely abandoned since then if I recall correctly, and it's more on getting the Beanstar?

yeah Birdo in SSS could be a genuine plot hole imo. You could say the one disguised as Peach and the one that joins Popple are different Birdos though, since it is a species.

Dunno if this counts as Mario content per se but they left Diddy Kong Racing in a cliffhanger and now I never know what Wizpig will be up to.

He's probably the same Thwomp in Whomp's Fortress that let Mario reach that floating red coin.

Back