Unpopular opinions about video games in general.

Oh yeah, some Wii games tend to have very low framerates, especially the third party ones.

oh my god I'm reminded of Skylanders: Giants or something and the framerate was constantly chugging well below 30 and it just made everything look like trash.

I'm not interested in Skylanders nor any Spyro games (unpopular opinion?). I wouldn't mind if they did not exist.

Also I burst out laughing when looking at Spyro's Skylanders face. It's like he was the original Spyro who got his face ran over by a plane.

I wish Tails was the protagonist instead of Sonic in his games. He's the only character with a great design on them besides Egglord, and he's nice like Mario. He actually resembles what he's supposed to be unlike blue cat thing. He's just as fast as Sonic and he can spindash so Sonic's expendable. Having a smart tech-nerd good guy with a smart tech-nerd bad guy would be a specially great dynamic too. You could even have some sorta story about Tails the enviromentalist being forced to use technology to face Eggman off, which would be interesting.

how the hell does his tail even work though, does he keep like a corkscrew joint on there or...

and when he curls into a ball, how come his tails get detached from it

We don't know that. Maybe he implanted some sort of special engine in his butt to make them spin. Maybe they're prosthetics. That'd explain why he can weirdly detach them too, but it doesn't explain how neither him nor Sonic don't bleed to death while spinning that fast against the ground I guess.

I don't care what you think about Tails. Wave dissed his robotic junk and that's all that matters. Ptoo.

I wish fans made fun of Tails' ability to spin into a ball with his tails detached from it, because it seems like one of the things that people should logically make fun of for how ridiculous it is (even more so than the existence of coloured hedgehogs and echidnas, and a floating island), but somehow it isn't. Even Tails' illogical propelling ability are made fun of in Brawl in the Family and that Tyson Hesse Sonic comic.

Thank you for reading.

Oh yeah, some Wii games tend to have very low framerates, especially the third party ones.

And speaking of third party wii games, the Wii is a treasure trove of shovelware. Bad games are littered everyplace you look.

I guess every developer and their mother just really wanted to capitalize on the Wii's success. After all, with motion controls and whatnot companies probably wanted to try something new with that, I'd assume.

Honestly you can say the same for any successful system, look at how many shovelware games were on the PS2 or DS.

I guess it's more noticeable with the Wii though because, due to lack of power, it didn't get the same games as the PS360 most of the time.

I think it would be interesting to see either a sequel or a remake to Tails' Adventure.

I don't really like God of War much. it feels slow to control and you spam the square button a lot.

Here we go now that people are talking about it: I don't care that we don't get an E3 presentation this year. It's an outdated way to showcase games, it's a massive corporate circlejerk advertisement, and besides, the ESA (Entertainment Software Association) is a big piece of shit.

I, for one, have so many games I wanna try out that I'm actually happy we're not getting much in the way of new game announcements these days.

These are my thoughts on Super Mario 3D world I hope you guys enjoy the video if there's any criticism you want to give me please do

Last edited:
My unpopular gaming opinion is that Super Mario World is great but not my favorite compared to Rayman Origins, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Kirby Return to Dreamland, and it's far from a flawless masterpiece everyone always seems to be saying.

In tandem, Paper Mario TTYD is also a good game but very, very overrated and treated as the greatest Mario RPG ever and how it's perfect, when it's really not.

While I think it improves quite a lot of mechanics from the first game, it also has a lot of little things that accumulate and make it so that I cannot enjoy the experience nearly as much. If I had to choose which game I wanted to play again, I'd definitely go for the first one.

I also do not like how, these days, every game dev feels like they wanna be the most epic thing with amazing graphics and extensive voice acting but forget that all it takes sometimes is a simple game with good gameplay and end up sacrificing those fundamentals for the sake of presentation. I also do not like when a game doesn't allow me to skip a cutscene or scroll text faster.

My unpopular gaming opinion is that Super Mario World is great but not my favorite compared to Rayman Origins, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Kirby Return to Dreamland, and it's far from a flawless masterpiece everyone always seems to be saying.

I do have to painfully admit Rayman Legends is better while NSMBWii is I guess more refined despite lacking some of the openworldliness (e.g 3 switch palaces less?), the badass cape power-up and some of the awesome music. I would call it flawless in the sense that it's perfectly uh fun and playable and everything in it at least works? Can't think of any big flaws unless you think of things like the pointlessness in collecting those dragon coins and the easy bosses.

well i think as far as mario rpgs go i do love the cutscenes but being a speedrunner would be significantly less tedious if they were skippable. i think it could benefit those who really don't care about dialogue/story/character/etc. even though i'm not one of those people personally

sometimes you just go and get stuck on one section and get super frustrated having to rewatch the same cutscene over and over and over again like god lemme just SKIP IT

Exactly. I mean I usually am fine on my first playthrough, but then the second one I'm just like "hey let's play this" and then the story comes in and I already know what happens so I'm like "yeah, yeah whatever".

Back