Gauging Popular Opinions (Current: DiC's Mario Cartoons)

What is your opinion on the Mario animated series by DiC (Super Show, Bros. 3, World)?

• I love the animated series for what they are.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There are things I like about the animated series, enough for me to like them.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Even though there are some things I like about them, I still don't care for them.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I like the animated series only for its cheesy value.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I consider the animated series to be a waste of time and energy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poll is finally up! @Sweetie Belle If you haven't voted, please vote.

Thank you for reading.

I mean he's already done it before, they just didn't make the whole game about it.

I mean he's already done it before, they just didn't make the whole game about it.
Exactly my question: interest in a whole game about Mario rescuing Luigi. In fact, I've acknowledged that there are times Luigi is rescued by Mario in shorter chapters.

Thank you for reading.

I'd rather they continue the Mario & Luigi route but just increase the quality of the character interactions (like remove Starlow) rather than relegate to interactions *when* they're separated. I like the idea, I just prefer them having interactions with each other rather than separate.

I know I once said I'd be impartial to this, but I actually think it would be nice to explore Mario and Luigi's bond a bit further, but overall it's not something I want more than anything or whatever. I just think that'd be neat.

im not sure actually? it could be interesting but im realising im not into plots where one character just spends most or all the game kidnapped

1593189234117.png

Results are in!
  1. It's a decent idea to explore the brotherly bond between both characters. Votes: 10 (71.4%)
  2. I am impartial about this. Votes: 3 (21.4%)
  3. This would be a sweet change of pace to the standard "Mario rescuing Peach" plot. Votes: 1 (7.1%)
  4. I would be OK with Mario rescuing Luigi if it's only done as a chapter or a mini-plot. Votes: 0 (0.0%)
  5. I reject the notion that Luigi had to be rescued by Mario. Votes: 0 (0.0%)

It's enlightening to see that several folks being open to the idea of Mario rescuing Luigi since I thought that the lack of such a thing meant that nobody would have been open to it. The option that was suggested to me ended up being beneficial that I am glad to add. It's a shame that it's not too strong of a poll.

Next poll will be about the babies. This poll had been the back of my mind, but I thought I wanted to have something in between the last one so it's basically delayed. I apologise if the previous poll wasn't enjoyable since it was practically a last-minute addition. I have already laid out the polls for the moderators to add, so we'll wait for the poll to pop up.

Thank you for reading.

well one of the real experiences i have of the babies is mario kart wii which don't get me started but i began playing partners in time recently and i actually really like them in this game at least. that's it more or less

im ok with some babies and i just love the fact that baby wario is in dr mario world now for some reason but like. some others like baby daisy and baby rosalina just kinda. have no reason to exist besides being roster filler
that said we all know what the best baby to ever exist is
BoosterSeat-DryBones.png

(and baby yoshi with their og designs)

So a brief introduction on this poll: ever since Yoshi's Island, the idea of baby versions of existing characters are born. While the first game only had three such characters: Mario, Luigi and Bowser, future games gradually introduced more, with Peach being the next in line (from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time), followed by Wario and Donkey Kong, and then came Daisy, and the most recent baby is Rosalina. There's a chance that there might be more to come, The timing of this poll is a bit off, admittedly (it was supposed to be the previous one), because the return of Baby Wario in a Dr. Mario mobile game got people talking about a character that experienced a long period of absence.

@Sweetie Belle @Paper Ray Trace @ZelenPixel @Hades Poll is up!

Thank you for reading.

Reactions: zel
Once again I'm gonna be boring and say that I don't mind them at all. They're just there and that doesn't affect my overall enjoyment of the material they appear in. Really all there is to it. Innocent and harmless, like how babies are supposed to be.

I don't much care either way. I'm not exactly a fan of how overused they are in Mario Kart, but they're there for people who want them I guess. I do like how the babies were used in Partners in Time at least, seeing the interaction between the adults and babies was golden.

I can tolerate baby characters for like, the bros, peach, Bowser, dk and wario, the rest though I don't care for.

They seem important in Mario Kart games, but I would rarely use them. Only in certain situations. Otherwise Yoshi or big character. As for anything else but Mario Kart, I only see them relevant to Mario's early years or for the younger audience. Younger audience is why they are important. I chose option 2 as I don't mind them. Not necessary welcomed to me, but not unnecessary either. And I don't mind that.

Younger audience is why they are important.

Occasionally, they would reel in some freak young adult out there. I have evidence for that.

You know, it's not uncommon to see fan-art of the baby characters done by female artists.

Yeah. But I am talking about younger audiences choosing baby characters because they like the younger characters because they are younger. Adults have different preferences too. Like there is even a YouTuber that plays with Funky Kong, but likes Dry Bones who is small.

I think the baby characters have a really girl appeal that draws in a part of the fanbase. It's why the babies are used frequently in Mario Kart, and there's a surprising amount of merchandise of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the people that love the adult + baby interaction are a demographic that's been giving our YouTube videos so much views we had roughly $1,000 dollars a month. I can just say from personal experience, the Mario baby-loving demographic isn't something to underestimate, and I think the Mario fanbase, with their frequent roster complaints, are underestimating that since the people who like the babies aren't really on the Internet complaining.

Heck, I suspect it's why Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled made an attempt at baby counterparts.

Heck, I suspect it's why Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled made an attempt at baby counterparts.

Hell, if the popularity of Baby Yoda and Baby Sonic were of any indication...people like cute things.

Earlier, I voted that I didn't mind the baby characters. Something I liked about the baby characters in the Mario series as opposed to when the other series did it is that the babies felt that they have a different purpose besides being younger versions of the adult counterparts or just being cute for the sake of merchandising. The only baby character I dislike is Baby Wario, who is probably the only Mario character that I dislike at first glance, unlike with many which I usually view with curiosity.

Thank you for reading.

I don't really mind most of them besides Baby Wario and the bros (does DK JR count?). A few are so filler-ish though that I can't like them, and Baby Rosalina must be fried like patates tiganites.

so some of you guys might know that in my opinion baby rosalina is the worst specimen known to mankind. And I'm one of those peeps who are starting to get tired of seeing babies getting added just to fill in character slots in mario kart. that's the problem about most babies: they're all useless and would be better off not existing. now i don't hate every mario baby, like, i like baby mario and baby luigi because they were actually used for a good reason, most notably in yoshi games and mario & luigi partners in time. granted, baby peach also comes from PiT, but Nintendo used her design to make the other pointless babies like baby daisy and blue baby peach. think about it: if you changed their color palettes and made them all the same it would be hard to tell them apart, which wouldnt really be the case for the actual mario girls, seeing their different haircuts and all that. the baby girls tho feel like they're all the same character but with different skins. I'm also not a big fan of characters like baby wario or baby dk, but at least they were some of the main characters in yoshis island ds and weren't put in spinoffs a lot. there were a few times like mario super sluggers or dr mario world, but they aren't spammed like the baby princesses.

so in conclusion, baby mario and baby luigi are the only babies i'd like to see in future installements.

also i guess toadsworth the younger technically counts as a baby because he's young toadsworth so toadsworth the younger for mario kart and smash ultimate

Back