Circulated rumor of content for Super Mario Bros.'s 35th Anniversary

Honestly I'd have thought that Nintendo and Microsoft's more chumminess lately would make it more likely for it to get a rerelease, but then I remembered they'd also have to contend with the rights holders for James Bond (does Activison still own the video game rights to the brand or did those expire?) too.

Honestly I'd have thought that Nintendo and Microsoft's more chumminess lately would make it more likely for it to get a rerelease, but then I remembered they'd also have to contend with the rights holders for James Bond (does Activison still own the video game rights to the brand or did those expire?) too.
Yeah Microsoft and Nintendo that would be no problem as Nintendo is possibly going to let Game pass onto the system. Which would be nice. It's the James Bond's that would be promblematic

No I'm referring to the James Bond licensing issue, not the rare one. I still don't expect Rare games to happen in a theoretical service like this, but I don't think they're completely off the table considering Banjo-Kazooie is in Smash and a few Xbox games have been released on Switch.

well judging from what's usually on the eshop they seem to like super mario, especially the 3d ones, maybe mario kart, maybe at least one mario party, paper mario, and mario & luigi. at least as far as mario goes, i don't pay much attention to the rest

maybe banjo can happen still considering they managed to put dkc on there after a while too. maybe. would prob have to talk with microsoft or somethin
anyway with n64 online im hoping for pm64 the most honestly i have no other way of playing it

Even if these remasters turn out to be just a myth, I'll gladly pay more for Switch Online if it means portable N64 games.
maybe banjo can happen still considering they managed to put dkc on there after a while too. maybe. would prob have to talk with microsoft or somethin
anyway with n64 online im hoping for pm64 the most honestly i have no other way of playing it
It'll be super cool to have Nintendo Switch Online to cover more games, but in the end I'm still mystified at Nintendo's reluctant to implement a Virtual Console for Switch. It just seems like a no-brainer to have an expansive range of NES, SNES, Gameboy, NES, and N64 games that aren't otherwise being sold, and not put them on a hugely popular and portable platform. Nintendo's overall reluctance to even have a retro library has been problematic for years, so I can't chalk it up to a mistake, just... a perception of incompetence.

There's clearly a demand for having portable retro games (look at the emulators for mobile, look how there are successors to GameBoy being marketed, the Analogue Pocket) and the Switch is just screaming for that ability.

nintendo could probably make so much money just from gamecube games being on the switch in a digital selling format

Reactions: zel
I remember the days when the Wii U had the potential for a Virtual Console GCN games.

Oh how I miss them.

ikr? I wonder how GameCube games run on Switch though. But there's no question on how SNES games run and I think most N64 games run fine? Those games, I don't understand why there isn't a Virtual Console storefront for. Heck, they could try to be sleazy and attach a Virtual Console storefront to a subscription; we don't have that currently, it's just... a select amount of titles from mostly already-popular games.

I wonder how GameCube games run on Switch though.
i think it should run fine. idk seems like each console can handle emulation of the console two generations prior to it, like the wii had n64 and apparently that was good - i can't say for certain as i have never played the wii vc (i only got interest in old games after the wii shop channel was ended so i had to get a wii u to play sm64 and pm64. but other games i played on wii u vc that i might never have played otherwise definitely made it worth it)

As far as I know, the Wii can run N64 games quite fine. I actually relied on the Wii to play my favorite old games like Super Smash Bros. and Mario Tennis, I think it ran Mario Party 2 all fine. I just wish it had Beetle Adventure Racing though.

I'd expect GameCube games to run fine on Switch cause it has the same SoC as the Nvidia Shield TV (albeit all versions of the Shield TV have slightly less RAM than the Switch [3 GB for the 2015, 2017, and 2019 Pro Version and 2 GB for the 2019 vs 4 GB on the Switch) and those can run most GameCube games just fine via emulation.

You can also check out the homebrew communities to see if they run emulators fine. As far as I know, I believe they run emulation up to Nintendo 64 fine (or if there are problems it was due to how little understood N64 hardware is run before, well, the leaks) BUT don't know 100% for GameCube.

You can also check out the homebrew communities to see if they run emulators fine. As far as I know, I believe they run emulation up to Nintendo 64 fine (or if there are problems it was due to how little understood N64 hardware is run before, well, the leaks) BUT don't know 100% for GameCube.
think people have tried ttyd on the switch and that worked well apparently

Just wanted to post that it seems like all predicted ended up being true. The only inaccurate/misleading thing I figure was that the 3D collection being a "remaster" (it's more of an upscaled port than something of the likes of Crash and Spyro remasters), but that might be just the game of telephone.

For whatever reason it's now common to use "remaster" to mean both "upscaled re-release" and "complete remake". Like how "reboot" somehow means both "really late sequel" and "remake" now.

*mumble*"remaster" as applied to video games is a clumsy misappropriation of film terminology and pr obscurantism for the fact most early xbox one and ps4 games were PC-middle setting versions of years old games. it's just a fancy way of saying "port" *mumble mumble*

I didn't believe the rumours because bundling three of their most desirable games seemed uncharacteristic for Nintendo, but then I had forgotten about Metroid Prime Trilogy and the Zelda Collection disc. If they had wind of the time-limited thing, that might have rung the bell. Hopefully next year's big leak is an open-world sci fi rpg starring Ashley

Back