Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Right now, this one's stuck in my head.

starshine beach galaxy is in my head currently.. its pretty nice

overall my favorite beach theme is gelato beach from super mario sunshine

Mario Sports Mix has a very underrated soundtrack. This is my favorite track from the game, it's very zany and wacky, would perfectly work as a hectic bar fight music.

Last edited:
NSMBDS's castle theme was always my favorite castle theme in the NSMB series.

It took them 3 games before he actually got a good theme and a 4th to give it the degree of oomph it needed.

My favorite Mario Party song overall. I really love the Hip-Hop feel of the music, it makes it stand out.

Last edited:

Superb Mario song, doesn't even sound like it belongs in a Mario game. It's funky, chill, and has an amazing bass.

now puzzle plank galaxy got stuck in my head earlier for no reason. ill take it though!
someday this thread will come back when i actually Am listening to mario music and its not just in my head.. also while i was editing this my brain randomly switched to honeyhive galaxy.. huh

now puzzle plank galaxy got stuck in my head earlier for no reason. ill take it though!
someday this thread will come back when i actually Am listening to mario music and its not just in my head.. also while i was editing this my brain randomly switched to honeyhive galaxy.. huh

i like it, it's catchy

Last edited:
this counts, right?

I consider it to be David Wise's magnum opus, overtaking Stickerbush Symphony, for one reason: it tells a story. Through the music, you can hear how the fire starts out, then spreads and engulfs the savannah. As the flute takes over, you can hear the wails of many animals dying in the wildfire, which eventually sets down in the mournful final notes. It's majestic, and tragic. Just how I like my Donkey Kong games.

David Wise in general is awesome. I love Diddy Kong Racing's soundtrack, maybe I should post pieces from it time to time.

What's amazing is how evocative he can be despite the simplicity of his compositions. Let's be honest, Stickerbush Symphony is on par with Ode to Joy in how easily it can be played on piano. And yet it gives you peace, you know? It makes you dream, feel safe.

Koji Kondo is also pretty much on the same level, but I think that's needless to say in a thread about Mario music.

Last edited:
I don't think anything could beat Stickerbrush Symphony, I'd rank it along with Big Blue as music that's good no matter which version of the song I listen to.

Speaking of Big Blue and Mario music, I really like the Mario Kart 8 version. The fusion of Jazz and Rock works so well.

I should also talk about DKC music. Besides the aforementioned Stickerbrush Symphony, Jib Jig is one of my favourite songs in DKC2. What I like about David Wise's compositions is how atmospheric they are, he even manages to pull this off in a heavy metal song. The GBA version of the DKC3 soundtrack also needs more love, take a listen to Water World. I also need to mention Amiss Abyss and Current Capers (Aquatic Ambience Returns) which are two of my favourite songs in Tropical Freeze. My only complaint about Tropical Freeze's soundtrack is that almost every underwater song is just Aquatic Ambience again, it's not a bad song, it's just that I'd like a bit more variety.

Oh, I mean Mario & Sonic. Did you know that DK Island Swing was remixed in Rio? It's a far better Jazz remix then the one in Smash 4.

What I like about David Wise's compositions is how atmospheric they are, he even manages to pull this off in a heavy metal song.

Gave that a listen, as a person who likes and listens to metal, it's pretty great! Sad that it's not used as a battle theme in Smash Bros, would have been pretty amazing for others to listen to that while they beat up their opponents.

The GBA version of the DKC3 soundtrack also needs more love, take a listen to Water World. I also need to mention Amiss Abyss and Current Capers (Aquatic Ambience Returns) which are two of my favourite songs in Tropical Freeze. My only complaint about Tropical Freeze's soundtrack is that almost every underwater song is just Aquatic Ambience again, it's not a bad song, it's just that I'd like a bit more variety.

Also gave those a listen as someone who appreciates ambient music a bunch, not disappointed with them! My favorite of them is Aquatic Ambience, it's a shame that it's the only song used for the underwater segments of the game.

Oh and speaking about the Mario & Sonic games, yeah, I love their cover versions of songs, it's one of the strongest aspects of the game, their music in general is super underrated.

Back