Make a Mario Wish

I'd probably make Super Princess Daisy and Waluigi's Taco Stand real games.
For the third wish, definitely a Partners in Time remake. I honestly wouldn't care if Alphadream were revived, all I want is for the hole in the remake timeline to be filled.

Last edited:
My own wishes would be:

1. Revive Alphadream with enough money to last them several games. That way, they can make a remake for PiT and continue the series with original games (hopefully for the Switch).
2. Release a game that focuses entirely on Bowser's side of things. The closest game we've gotten to that it BIS, but even that game had a lot of focus on the bros. Mario and Luigi would not be playable at all this time around. I don't care if it's a platformer, RPG, or strategy game. I just want a Bowser game.
3. Release a 3D game that revisits people and places from past Mario games. Sarasaland, Isle Delfino, Rosalina's Observatory, and many more locations would be revisited. It would be kind of an ode to the Mario series and its history. Also, Waluigi would be in the game.

Ugh, I have so many more wishes, but I had to keep the standard 3. It's a shame genies don't let you wish for more wishes.

It's a shame genies don't let you wish for more wishes.

norm from fairly oddparents said "technically you can, but we never tell them that"

Are you FTG's female counterpart or something because I swear your opinions are practically 1 to 1 of each other.
Well like minds just find each other I suppose.

I don't know how to quote multiple people per post but as for BLRM's point about the characters:

That's not really what they were going for though. They specifically wanted "a Mario world that's not really a Mario world" and as I said earlier, I think it worked really well that the environments and characters felt completely foreign yet you had a handful of familiar allies. And I'm glad a game like this exists when all Paper Mario is nowadays is a bunch of bland Toads and Bowser as the main villain who doesn't even speak in Sticker Star.

norm from fairly oddparents said "technically you can, but we never tell them that"
I'm surprised no writer has ever thought to make that wish backfire too, like "granted, but now you are only able to speak in wishes, talk carefully"
_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I wish for a Mario Sims crossover. One that you can play as both god and the random citizens. Characters would have friendship/enemy meters too that you can build up by having them interact with each-other, unlocking new dialogue & events.

On the topic of crossovers I would most like a crossover between Donkey Kong Country and New Super Mario Bros. Idk but I think it could be interesting seeing as they're both 2D platformers but with different themes, items, and mechanics.

Aside from going back in time and re-writing Paper Jam to actually use unique characters and not just Mario Peach Bowser Luigi and 5 billion bland Toads.

I'm surprised no writer has ever thought to make that wish backfire too, like "granted, but now you are only able to speak in wishes, talk carefully"
_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I wish for a Mario Sims crossover. One that you can play as both god and the random citizens. Characters would have friendship/enemy meters too that you can build up by having them interact with each-other, unlocking new dialogue & events.

I would DIE for a crossover like that. Mario is my favorite video game universe, but the Sims series has my favorite kind of gameplay. A combination of the two is about as good as it can get for me.

~ IDW Mario comics (with an eventual IDW Sonic crossover)
~ The revitalization of Alpha Dream and also a Paper Mario on par with the original trilogy.
~ Bring back Luigi's striped socks.

On the topic of crossovers I would most like a crossover between Donkey Kong Country and New Super Mario Bros. Idk but I think it could be interesting seeing as they're both 2D platformers but with different themes, items, and mechanics.

YASSS Please! Especially because of how mariowiki categorizes DKC and Yoshi games as being both side-series. Yet unlike Yoshi games, DKC gives almost-zero recognition to existing in the marioverse. There's no common enemies nor props nor items. In Yoshi there's shared world elements. I'd like DK centric games to give more validation to existing in the marioverse, even if it were just one enemy, just.. something more than Cranky talking!

~ IDW Mario comics (with an eventual IDW Sonic crossover)
~ The revitalization of Alpha Dream and also a Paper Mario on par with the original trilogy.
~ Bring back Luigi's striped socks.

What he said.

- A Paper Mario with Color Splash graphics and TTYD's battle system.
- Option to choose Yoshi colors in every game that Yoshi appears in from now on.
- Personally, I really want to play the OG Luigi's Mansion someday, I want to play that so bad.

That's it for my wishes y'all, have a good one.

I feel like you should use a more extravagant wish like "I wish every Mario game new and old that I wanted I'd have available when I want to play them"

I worry about buying off Ebay cause you (usually) never know if the game actually works or not. Someone can always claim that they tested it without actually doing it.
Maybe. I bought my New Nintendo 3DS XL from Ebay but I was lied to and actually received an old 3DS XL. But it was still really good and for a decent price so I never returned it for refund despite my right to do so.

Luigi's Mansion 1 for GC is also available for a little over £30 on amazon which tends to be more reliable. Don't forget that you can disable the region lock on your GC so you could play an international version so long as they are in a language you understand.

My second wish would be to give everyone voice acting similar to the taunts in Toadstool Tour, especially in the corny party games where voice acting on-par with Sunshine's would be a plus rather than detract from them. Mario and Luigi should talk coherently, not act like a pile of bricks, and it can be either text bubbles or audio (preferred) but it'll give them more personality while we finally ditch the horrible "guy does talking for those two". We've seen it being tried in Super Mario Party and it looks pathetic and condescending on Mario and Luigi. We had everyone talk just a bit in games like Toadstool Tour and Mario Tennis, which is now limited to extremely short quips of "oh yeah" and "oh no" and "all right" these days. Fortune Street and Itadaki Street are the rare exceptions of coherent speech bubbles from Mario and all his friends but I don't want it to be an exception, I want it to be a rule.

C3JyS73.png

Why can't we get more of this? Not just from Mario, from other characters, too.

-Metal Mario's design is changed to be similar to his appearances in N64 games.
-A new Mario & Sonic game that's a kart racing game made by Sumo Digital, which builds on the mechanics of Transformed, and the customisation of TSR. It also features a story mode with cutscenes, similar to CTR and DKR.
-Bluster Kong/Leo Luster is now canon to the DK series and appears in Mario spin-offs such as the aforementioned M&S game.

I wish many Mario fans would play more than just Mario and Nintendo games so they'd stop trying to warp the series into something it isn't.

but a lot of them do??? isn't that where many get their warpy influence?

is le remembering Grand Theft Mario

I think that comment may have been motivated by a certain floral organism

It's actually a thought I've had for years. You're just the most recent addition to that list.

I wish many Mario fans would play more than just Mario and Nintendo games so they'd stop trying to warp the series into something it isn't.
I've played some games without a smidgen of Mario or Nintendo and that's Rayman, Monster Hunter World, Uncharted, Tomb Raider (gritty reboot), Borderlands, Torchlight, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, some Attack on Titan game, Sonic and All Stars Racing, Bayonetta 2, Vermintide, ....

Look I have issues too from branching out too. It's scary to get out your comfort zone, but it's rewarding.

Just stay away from the games that have lootboxes and microtransactions though.

Back