Have you ever made a Mario OC?

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
I know quite a few of you made some, it's not a simply a topic to show them off though.
I have a few questions for you
Do you have specific sub series or game in mind when making them?
What role would they have in an actual game?
What is their relationship to the Canon cast?
Would you like them to be in a official game?
Perhaps if you did not take inspiration from the games, where did you get the idea from?

That is all, creativity is always a good thing, darlings

i sorta had a yoshi oc, basically a white yoshi with a red bandana i never actually named. the thing is he was based off of my club penguin character whoops. anyway i abandoned him long ago
i kinda wanna make a bonneter oc but i have troubles keeping ocs in general so whatever ill come up with probably wont stay for long

Thought about creating one a few years ago, but so far nope. I have a small handful of Sonic OCs from way back in the day though.

The closest things I've got are my mascot which is basically Fawful in a purple tux, but he's not meant to fit into the Marioverse in any specific way, though he could appear there if I need a representation of myself for whatever reason. Other than that, Vacuum Helmet DX which is an upgraded form of the Vacuum Helmet, which I created for my visual communications class last year. Fits into a M&L timeline where Fawful survived. And one who I haven't released a design for yet, so he's still concepting, that's a "good" version of Dimentio, under the principle that this character is the Flipside version if Dimentio (who has a sharp nose) is a Flopside version. This character would have a squared nose like the Flipsiders but other than that his design is still brewing.

Loads. For those who remember, I used to have this pretty huge Paper Mario fanfic back in the day, which is still on this very forum. Most of those characters aren't Mario OCs anymore though, but it's really the bet answer I can give to the topic.

Shoutouts to @Roserade for using one of those characters for TG's role in Killing Game.

I made a few concepts of Mario games back in the day, so there's some original characters there. One was based on Paper Mario, which had a good amount of NPCs to base off of. Sadly, aside from a poisonous Toad, I don't really remember much of them, this was about a decade ago. There was another concept that had some original bosses, though.

Perhaps if you did not take inspiration from the games, where did you get the idea from?

That is all, creativity is always a good thing, darlings

EBvoIfnU4AIT-h2

1. The characters I made don't even fit all that well into the context of the Mario series, if I was being perfectly honest. They're the result of a combination of me being a huge fan of Spore Galactic Adventures and Left 4 Dead 2 in addition to Mario, not having a specific Mario game, or series, in mind when making them. I guess the advantage is that they can be clearly classified as my own characters segregated from the Mario series even if their facial designs and proportions are heavily lifted from Baby Luigi's.

2. Would all just be minor NPCs. Mario can probably help them out when Bowser decides to screw around with them or something, especially their leader who is the strongest one that Bowser will want to possess. Or they can happen to be there in Mario's journey and they're fighting among themselves like usual.

3. Some of them would be happy to assist Mario and respect his heroic deeds, others are extremely jealous of him and resent him. They would all respect Peach and see her as a good ruler of Mushroom Kingdom. Of course they would hate Bowser because Bowser can beat them up easily if he wanted to. They would be neutral to Luigi and the rest, pretty much.

4. No, I wouldn't. I'd be happy to mod them in but I wouldn't want to see them in an official product.

5. Answered that in my first response.

I have an OC named Marlene and she is Mario and Peach's daughter.

Here are some pictures of her.

These two are done by my sister and I.
marlene_by_pwwnd123_dbg7fwb-pre.jpg

marlene_with_a_ponytail_by_pwwnd123_dbki4ib-pre.jpg

And finally here is a drawing that GalaxyWing did of her.
marlene_by_galaxywing_dcq0c25-pre.jpg

I would like to see her in an official game for sure.

She would help Mario out in his plumbing tasks and that would be a great thing.

Really? I'm creative? All I did was take Baby Luigi, changed his physical features a bit, and put him in different outfits.

All y'all are so creative with your OCs and meanwhile I'm cursed to the creativity void for my love of the color green.
big 🤝 moment reagrding the green part
anyway the hecks a creative oc.... i literally just had a yoshi with a bandana who never got a name

I remember my Bob-omb OC. It was based upon the "random" part of my old username. He had hypnotic glasses, and a spear even though Bob-ombs don't have any arms. The only artwork I did of it is cringe tho :yoshi:

Last edited:
shit I just remembered Farley, the edgy older brother of Fawful, everything about him was bad fanfiction

there was also some alien villain I made up when I was much younger that I named Zlorgiminizillizapz (yes, I just combined random syllables for a long name) or "Zlorg" for short. He wasn't just a Mario OC but was meant to be the villain of an equally cringe crossover between Mario, SpongeBob, Gumby and A Troll in Central Park. Because those particular things totally have things in common other than "kid me liked them."

I've thought about rebooting him as a parody of bad fanfiction OCs even though his original design is (probably thankfully) lost to time. So he showed up in my sketchbook last year a few times with a new design. Nobody takes him seriously because he promotes himself as "the ultradark lord of all evil" and has 3 different appendages on each side of his body and 15 eyes, one of which is dead.

Ashamedly when I was a young teen I daydreamed of a Naruto-inspired Marioverse.. it was all the mario cast as teen ninja. Waluigi had Sasuke's role, and Luigi had Naruto's role. A Toad had Rock Lee's.

There's nothing to be ashamed about that. I actually find that pretty cute.

I made a shitty PM partner years ago. No pictures of anything but it was essentially a chainchomp in knight's armor (or helmet) rather named Sir Chompington.

I made a shitty PM partner years ago. No pictures of anything but it was essentially a chainchomp in knight's armor (or helmet) rather named Sir Chompington.
Eh I actually like that concept. Sounds like what the Chomp partner could've evolved into if that direction stuck around for the final game.

Yes I have. Hundreds of them, for the Paper Mario fangame topics I've done, original or Recut. Even the latter have completely new characters with no counterparts.

Always Paper Mario. The classic games were the most story-filled and unique of the series, so that was obvious to me.

That's kind of an open question. If you mean the main platformers, they could run some special Item Houses and serve as NPCs. While I take pride in my characters, playable status in a platformer is a big job for them. I've also made several enemies too that could plausibly show up

For three quick examples...
* Mawk Hawk and Pawk Hawk taught Rawk Hawk how to sawk jawks in the Glitz Pit. (Or more accurately, Mawk Hawk taught him while Pawk Hawk just "supervised".) They're also Rawk's parents.
* Sauf T worked in the kitchens of Peach's Castle for a while to get a scholarship in a faraway region. Because of her place of employment, she knew Mario, Luigi and Peach quite well.
* Starmageddon, the Blight King, was the partner of the Shadow Queen. To make a long story short, the Shadow Queen betrayed him in the aftermath of a huge battle, leaving Starmageddon on a destructive quest for vengeance ever since.

Yes, especially the Memphawks (the backwards derived species for Rawk Hawk). For more completely original DMZ characters, I'd push for the Frutta (fruit people) and Brustaches (paintbrush people) to become official.

It depends on the character. Inspiration is wherever you look. I just take a ping-pong approach where I build upon ideas for a character, Mario OC or not. The more compatible traits I decide on, the more the ball bounces between the walls, and the more new ideas naturally spawn.
For more concrete examples...
* Some of Keirf the Sosorrisurf (lobster-eel)'s personality was based on That 90s Kid from Atop the Fourth Wall.
* Shroomsday Core's design took inspiration from Mother D-Reaper and Quartzmon. Meanwhile, his personality was based upon Smaug the Magnificent from the new movie version of The Hobbit.

Reactions: zel
Back