Toadgamer makes some crap for everyone to see.

Spoopy Toad

Maybe not a toad anymore...
So, I joined the Fan Creations forum.

If you were in the community in January 2018, you might remember that I had this ugly Photoshop as my avatar back then.

But, today I decided to give Krita a try. I tried to recreate my OC, and here's the result:

For a first time, I think it looks great. My only problem might be some of the colours, such as the Yellow on Toad's shirt. I had a lot of problems with the skin color, but then I found an appropriate color.

If you like it, then maybe in May I'll consider setting it as my avatar, considering I didn't change my theme back to Toadgamer for a while now.

EDIT: Fixed colouring:

Mario's Painting

HEY LUIGI, WHAT'S DA HOLDAAAAAAP!!!?
I think you should get a Wacom for Krita, hope you put that on your wishlist! Believe me, it'll make drawing a lot easier.

Koops

King of cowards.
Hey TG...

I see you're using layers... and it's a wise thing to do. I'd say you might want to experience with the curve tool a bit to be able to draw smoother surfaces.

For now, though, this is definitely WAY better than the first thing I have ever done on digital.

Mario's Painting

HEY LUIGI, WHAT'S DA HOLDAAAAAAP!!!?
Curve tool is fine, but you should practice with Wacom and stroke stabilizers (Krita has stabilizer tools), and practice drawing with the shoulder rather than the wrist.

Spoopy Toad

So I was thinking of drawing something new. I tried but for some reason today I don't really feel like it. Maybe I'll work on something that'll take time and effort another day.

In the meantime, enjoy this sprite of me I just did.

Spoopy Toad

Oooooooookay! I just finished a drawing!

Now this looks pretty dang, but you might be wondering:

I do think it turned out pretty good, but me and Koops think it could've been better. maybe it's because of the fact that now it's midnight and I need to go to sleep... First, I think the shading could use some work. I mean it's my first time putting shading on an image, so I guess this is okay for a beginner. Also, something about the head's proportion with the body feels kinda... off. The head does look better than the one for the artwork I made in May, but the body....not so much. Finally, the fingers. They're kinda off as well, but I did my best, as drawing Toad's fingers is a pain in the ass.

It's far from perfect, but I might as well change it to my Sig for July. Maybe one day I'll recreate this image when I'll have more talent. But right now this is the best I can do.

Koops

King of cowards.
Hey, it's not just Toad's fingers.

Finger in general are the bane of an artist's existence.

Jigglypurin

My cursor has blood on it.
Banned User
Toadgamer said:
Also, something about the head's proportion with the body feels kinda... off.
Everything looks off. Not saying I could do any better, but it definitely looks worthy of your the title of the thread.

Koops

King of cowards.
In his defense by TG standards that head actually looks pretty good, and so does the background which I believe he did himself.

I mean he shaded it. I know that. He might as well have done it entirely from scratch.

AND it's his first time shading. For a first time, it sure was better than my first time.

Keep following in those baby footsteps TG. Keep doing that.

Lord Bowser

Super High School Level Bowser
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
remember that shading denotes parts that are facing away from your light source, so you should only shade where youd want something to not be intended to be seen head on

right now the shading makes it look like your torso is caving in and im assuming that wasnt your intention. try shading more on the edges and less in the middle like that. shading is a difficult concept to grasp but im sure you can improve on it more to make your drawings pop and look more alive :bowser:

also dont feel compelled to use shading on everything, sometimes it isnt necessary, especially for more cartoony styles

White Diamond

Flawless Entity of Pure Christmas
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
SeproDep said:
Toadgamer said:
Also, something about the head's proportion with the body feels kinda... off.
Everything looks off. Not saying I could do any better, but it definitely looks worthy of your the title of the thread.
Yo, constructive criticism is one thing, but if you feel the need to be an ass, it's time to step out.

Spoopy Toad

Hello boyos and girlos!

yup! I know I've been gone for a while for seemingly no reason but alas! I have returned after so long! (on second thought I think it was just one week or something...)

Obviously for my grand return I've drawn something! Something very special!

whoops I didn't draw anything actually... 🙃

But, the fact that I didn't draw anything doesn't mean I didn't make anything during the century I've been gone!

ok so I was at some house and I had clay at my disposal. I wanted to make something that would look like Mozart. Kirby would be too easy to make and wouldn't look very cool, and Mario would be hard to make and the end result would look like a mess.

then I remember that there's a certain Chili Dog eating demon who runs faster than a Cheetah on crack called SONIC!!!

so yeah I decided to recreate the blue boi with clay and then, it was finished.

here's the specimen:

Spoopy Toad

Hello people and welcome back to the thread I made where I barely post anything!

Like, holy shet it's been 3 months since I haven't posted anything here.

But I finally decided to draw something. Something spoopy because IT'S FINALLY SPOOKTOBER!!!

So, I drew a little spooky scary drawing that'll send shivers down everyone's spines. And I also decided to change a little something with my drawings...

bk0VhKG.png

So yeah, I decided to try drawing something without outlines, and it turned out pretty good! Maybe I'll do that for drawings in the future.

now you better like this or I'll kill you during your sleep

Last edited: