20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 20: A game that truly scared you

Re: 20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 7: 5 of your favorite OSTs

I'll do a full soundtrack list and an individual list, I recently went through and made a youtube playlist of all my favourites so this works out well. I'll be ignoring Brawl/Ultimate for full OST since they kind of piggyback on great tracks from previous games. Top 5 is hard to narrow down but I'm pretty confident this is as good as I'll get it.

Individual OST
1.Mighty Obstacle Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim
2.Crescent Island Diddy Kong Racing
3.Rooftop Run (Classic) Sonic Generations
4.The Azure Arbitrator Eiyuu Densetsu: Ao no Kiseki
5.aBOreSSs (Prog Ares) Xenoblade Chronicles X

Full OSTNotable Tracks
Xenoblade Chronicles X Oblivia (Day) Manon (Day) RE:ARR.X (THEMEX Rearranged)
Diddy Kong Racing Pirate Lagoon Walrus Cove Boss Challenge II
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Fight with Assailant Infiltration Back to Our Friends
Ys Origin Silent Desert Scarlet Tempest Beyond the Beginning
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Iclucian Dance Deadly Tempation Red Line -021-

Xenoblade X is the king. Diddy Kong Racing is still god tier, David Wise is a genius. Falcom Sound Team JDK's old stuff is amazing (Trails in the Sky/Crossbell Duology/Ys Origin) but Ys VIII shows they've still got the potential to make the good shit again. I thought about replacing one of the Ys games with Xenoblade 2 or Stella Glow but they're both way too good to ignore.

There are quite a lot of great video game music OSTs, so I will list them down by category:

1) Mario game: Mario Kart 8

The most definitive Mario Kart combines detailed visuals and live instrumental with the tried-and-true gameplay, and boy is the music in this Mario Kart the best in the series. This game basically modernises Mario Kart that it is unlikely to feel outdated any time soon, and the huge variety in soundtracks thankfully have a lot of catchy tunes. My personal favourite is the humble Mario Circuit.

2) Non-Mario Nintendo game: Rhythm Heaven Megamix

By sheer quantity of tracks that borrow from past games in addition to original tracks, Rhythm Heaven Megamix has quite the soundtrack itself. This is not surprising as it's a music game, and because of this, it is best appreciated if you managed to nail down the beats since it felt like a complete song with the added sounds.

3) Non-Nintendo game: Mr. Driller: Drill Land

It's interesting how catchy music is found in puzzle games, but instead of putting a Puyo Puyo game here, I opt for something from Mr. Driller since it has a very adventurous feel in its tracks that felt out of place for a game with that artstyle, but it somehow works for this game. Of the music in that game I am partial on Boku No Chikyu Bokura no Chikyu (which translates to My Earth, Our Earth).

4) PC Casual game: Bejeweled 3

Popcap Games' games tend to have above average production values, which makes their games felt like a treat compared to most companies. Because Bejeweled is their most valuable property at that time, they also gave it the best treatment. Bejeweled 3 has a medieval fantasy theme as opposed to its predecessor's space theme. The game's music themes is the best in the series since there is variety among the different modes, which made it a favourite.

5) Miscellaneous: Solstice (NES)

For an unconventional pick, I decided on Solstice's music, which has the surprising quality of sounding very good on the NES, something that only the best of the best could do, which Tim Follin managed to accomplish. He also composed several great video game tracks which include Plok, so he's got quite a portfolio.

Thank you for reading.

So before I begin, I just wanna say that I'm only gonna say one game per franchise. Smash Bros. doesn't count, as most of its songs are remixes from other games. I'll be posting my favourite theme from each of these games:

-Super Mario Odyssey
-Sonic Mania
-Kirby Star Allies
-Paper Mario Color Splash (I guess Paper Mario kinda counts as its own franchise)
-The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild

1. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

2. Kirby's Return to Dream Land

3. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

4. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

5. Super Mario Galaxy

Poochy said:
So before I begin, I just wanna say that I'm only gonna say one game per franchise. Smash Bros. doesn't count, as most of its songs are remixes from other games. I'll be posting my favourite theme from each of these games:

-Super Mario Odyssey

Looks like we have a favourite in common!

5. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

Omg Grant Kirkhope stop blowing this game up!

Ok seriously if the Rabbid branding of the game convinced you not to buy it, then it's a shame because yes, while it's a strategy RPG (and all of us know what I feel about those nowadays), the best thing about this game is NOT its gameplay, but its ost. I especially love the MidBoss theme. So well done.

4. Super Smash Bros Brawl

I mean yeah, sure, Ultimate has most of the songs Brawl has, but the additions Brawl made to the Smash soundtracks are arguably the best in the series, and I cannot get tired of "Attack! (Fire Emblem)" and how beautiful it is. Easily my favorite Smash remix ever, a remix coming from a game with an already great soundtrack.

3. Kirby's Return to DreamLand

As my second favorite game of all time, you'd expect to see it on this list, and for good reason. The somgs in it are really good at converting what's happening on-screen into sounds. All of this game's soundtrack is a joy to listen to, and what you'd expect from a Kirby game, and even more than that.

2. Super Mario Galaxy

You know, it's weird to see that another game surpassed this one in terms of soundtrack. My favorite song from Galaxy may as well be my favorite VG music of all time, but since we're ranking these games by soundtracks, the game with the most charming songs in total wins. That's not to say this game has any bad tracks, I just think there's one game that does it better. Anyway, I present to you my favorite video game music.

Super Mario Galaxy is a game I grew up with. I got it as a kid, I got stuck on the second mission of Good Egg, I got frustrated at Dino Piranha, a boss I beat in 3 seconds now (no exaggeration), I got scared of Megaleg, was amazed at how beautiful the lava area in Freezeflame was... confronted Bowser for the last time, and saw that ending... to this day these emotion keep coming back to me each time I play through the game. It has been with me for almost my entire life now, and then, when you get to the credits, this song starts playing, encompassing what the game put you through and wrapping up the masterpiece that is this game in the way it deserves to end. It... means a lot to me... I'll always cherish this music, which is so rewarding and beautiful.

Honorable Mention: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

I can't let bias get in the way here. If you've seen my Youtube playlist for video game songs, it's full with songs from this game. All these songs, no exception, are great, and know how to immerse you in a war atmosphere, which is the main point of Fire Emblem. From the Black Knight's threatening theme, to Sephiran's sorrowful yet filled with hope battle theme, and the herons' soothing voices, this game has music for many kinds of ears. They don't differ too much in terms of instrumentation, helping the game in giving its ost an identity, while also bringing various tones and melodies to the table, providing a fitting track for each and every situation you can get yourself into during a war.

My favorite track from this game... no, my TWO favorite tracks from this game both have a sad feeling to them. One of them gives a feeling of triumph hidden behind a wall of steel, that perhaps with hope, this triumph might break through and come to you if you try. The other gives off the vibes of a "Cold Apocalypse". Something ominous happened to the world, and now there are no people besides you left unpetrified. The world is finally at peace, but it's a peace that cost too much.

HEY, WHERE'S THE FUN WITHOUT THE OP JOINING IN?!

...FINALLY, AND NOT JUST BECAUSE HE WAS TOO LAZY TO DO IT BEFORE.

1. A game that had a lasting impression on you.

I'm not gonna lie, you're reading this in order so this is the first answer you're going to read. But, in reality, this is the last question I am answering while going through all this. So this is like future me writing this but you're reading past me. Whoa.

There are a lot of games I could put here and there are so many that could actually work here. Dark horses like Guitar Hero III, a childhood game, helped build my love for music and has had a lasting impression on me. Games I've played as recently as the last two years which have surged my love and appreciation for certain styles of video games, while subsequently helping me in other facets of life (as stupid as that sounds, but a series like Phoenix Wright has helped me think through things in a more logical matter), like the Ace Attorney series, the Danganronpa series, and Shovel Knight. A lot of games I regularly consider my all-time favorites, like Danganronpa 2, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations, Cave Story, Portal, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Super Mario Sunshine, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, The Walking Dead: Season One... they're all applicable here and they are all games that have left a lasting impression on me.

But I think the game I have to go with is the game I consider my all-time favorite game and has been my all-time favorite game for about a decade now, only being challenged for that position by Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, and that game is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Radiant Dawn helped me confirm my love for straightforward RPGs, something that has been grounded since the early Pokemon games, all the while providing an excellent plot and wrapping up a fantastic two-game storyline (Path of Radiance is a fantastic game in its own right), great music and characters, really simple gameplay all the while still being insanely difficult during some stretches, and it has one of the best endgames in all of video games. It's a game I've gone through at least four times and all this talking about it makes me want to go through it a fifth. I never thought when I got it for Christmas alongside my Wii that it would become my favorite video game of all-time and be the one game I would continuously and routinely always come back to like a decade later and enjoy more and more every single time.

2. Favorite female video game character.

This one's kind of difficult because there are so many great choices. Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade), Elesa (Pokemon Black/Black 2 and White/White 2), Mia Fey, Maya Fey, and Franziska von Karma (the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series), Clementine (The Walking Dead series), Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Aoi Asahina, Kyoko Kirigiri, and Peko Pekoyama (Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2) just to name a few are ones right off the top of my head, but I'm probably going to have to go with the safe answer and go with Samus. She's just a badass and there's a part of me that really enjoys having the two-character layer of Samus and Zero Suit Samus, if that makes sense. It's like a two-in-one and I've spent so many games and hours with her character and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Yes, even Other M.

3. A game that's so bad but so good.

This is such a stupid game and it's very controversial, but I think I'd have to go with Postal 2. It's stupid mindless violence that is often times really uncomfortable and very offensive and the game has not aged well visually but my god it's so much fun. It's stupid mindless FPS fun featuring pissing mechanics, al-Qaeda terrorists, the late Gary Coleman, cat guns, an obscene amount of sexism and misogynistic things... it's a really, really bad game in all sense of the word but it's stupidly fun if you can get back the super dark humor.

4. A game that hit an emotional spot in your heart.

I already mentioned in a previous post that Pokemon Gold continuously hits me with nostalgia, so I'm going to add onto those sentiments with other games. As far back as I can think, I believe there are only four games that have ever made me tear up, for varying reasons: Pokemon Gold (and subsequently Pokemon SoulSilver), Telltale Games' The Walking Dead, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations. Any of these are applicable for this answer but I think the one I'm going to go with for this challenge is The Walking Dead. When I refer to this, I definitely mean season one and not any of the follow-up seasons or DLC like 500 Days or Michonne.

I have a weird relationship with TWD. Before I finally got to play it a couple years ago, I had watched two full playthroughs on YouTube and became super attached to the game, its characters, and the story. Doing that spoiled the entire game for me (and believe me, it is a very spoiler heavy game) but honestly, it was worth it. Watching people play through it made me cry because it's such an emotional game and it does a hell of a job making you attached to characters. Fast forward about a year or two later and I finally got to play through the game myself, and it still made me cry. It's by far and away Telltale's best work before their formula became oversaturated and, well, formulaic, and before The Walking Dead's story unfortunately became dry by the time season 2 was wrapping up. It's such a great game and if there's a Telltale game anyone should play, it's this one. I can't really talk about it more than that without spoiling at least a smudge about it.

5. Favorite game developer or studio.

Nintendo is the go-to answer here just because it covers SOOOO much, but there are branches and a few other indie developers/studios to go with here. Intelligent Systems is decidedly the Nintendo branch here. Pushmo, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, the first three Paper Mario games, and the Fire Emblem series (with a HUGE emphasis on Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) are all brilliant titles and some of my all-time favorites. Some of my favorite indie developers/studios would range from Yacht Club Games, Nicalis, Number None, just to name a few!

6. Favorite male video game character.

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."

latest

Godot from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations. What a brilliant character with an amazing story. One of the reasons why I cried playing this game. He's a kickass prosecutor who is addicted to coffee and has one of the best character themes I have ever heard. Completely honest, he was the inspiration for a poem I wrote for my creative writing class just a few weeks ago. A close second is The Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance / Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Can't talk too much about him without being spoilerish but my god his theme and just his nature and personality and appearance and everything about him is perfect.

7. Five of your favorite OSTs.

I'm so sorry to Crackin but I am absolutely stealing your format for this post because it's perfect. It's so hard to narrow these down and these choices probably aren't entirely accurate but they're what I can come up with right off the top of my head.

Individual OST
1.Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark-Colored Coffee Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
2.Plantation Cave Story 3D/Cave Story+
3.Re: Mr. Monokuma's Tutoring Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
4.Theme of the Last Time Travel (Live Version) Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
5.A Grasping Truth Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

So yeah! Gonna try to stay updated with these but lol knowing me I probably won't.

Also let me just tell you all, you're all awesome. I love reading through all of your answers and I'm super happy about all the people participating in this. It's super awesome seeing everyone's varying interests and loves and appreciations and how drastically different they are or how similar they are and it's just awesome.

Here are 5 of my favorite OSTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5SRW2Q2XvU

Re: 20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 8: A game that not enough people talk about

Onwards, to day 8, for some more underappreciated works: A game that not enough people talk about!

Re: 20 Day Video Game Challenge - Day 8: A game that not enough people talk about

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

It used to be popular at the time it came out, but now it’s completely overshadowed by Melee, 3DS and Wii U, and Ultimate in the competitive scene, and hasn’t had any tournaments for it in a long time. It’s not as ignored as the original Smash Bros. is, but it’s still a great game nonetheless.

Kirby games in general, really, but particularly Shimomura's games (especially Kirby 3), as well as certain spinoffs like Rainbow Curse. They're just incredibly underrated and ignored and just don't get enough credit.

8. A game that not enough people talk about

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, mostly due to it being overshadowed by Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, though it seems like people are remembering how good the game is now that the Switch remake has been announced.

A very tricky question as it's difficult to gauge on what has not been talked about enough. Before I go to my main game, I would like to give two honourable mentions: one to Wario's Woods (SNES) since the NES version is the one that gets re-released, while the superior SNES version never got re-released so not enough people played it (yes the NES had boss battles, but it's 90% recycled content between Round Game A and Round Game B). Another goes to Mario Party 3 because like Wario's Woods (SNES), it's never re-released in favour of Mario Party 2, and I felt that 3 is superior mainly because it introduced more to the game than the predecessor, which recycled a lot of content from the first game.

My initial choice was Puyo Puyo, but because of Puyo Puyo Tetris' success it got people talking about the weird and wonderful world of Puyo Puyo. So with that said, I will nominate Panel de Pon!
latest

Yes, the Japanese version of Panel de Pon, and not the English version that completely replaces the fairy characters with Yoshi's Island characters. They even have the gall to put "Tetris" in the English version despite having little to do with tetrominoes (it's a match-3 action puzzler). It would seem odd because the gameplay gets passed down to different games, from Tetris Attack to Pokemon Puzzle League to Puzzle League, and then Animal Crossing: New Leaf get its own version. However, I am pointing this out because the fairies that dictated the setting for the game slowly got phased out for (I guess) not being marketable to the west enough, and it's a shame because there is a lack of the fairy universe in Nintendo's repertoire (not counting Kirby). To give you an example, the original games have the fairy character running on rainbows to reach another area, and this is retained in the patched installments so you have Yoshi and Ethan (GBC Pokemon Puzzle League) doing the same, which doesn't make sense physically as neither Yoshi nor the Pokemon trainer have the ability to traverse over rainbows in other games (Woolly World's environment is different) nor are the lands separated into floating islands.

I heard that the Nintendo Puzzle Collection could have been released in the US, but the plan was scrapped. That was such a missed opportunity because Dr. Mario and Yoshi could have aided the fairy characters in gaining familiarity in English territories, but unfortunately it's not meant to be. Smash does have one artefact from the game, and that is the Lip's Stick. This is the only remnant of the game that is carried over to that game, and not the characters themselves. I do wish that Lip at the very least appear physically so that more people know the original Panel de Pon.

Team Kirby said:
Kirby games in general, really, but particularly Shimomura's games (especially Kirby 3), as well as certain spinoffs like Rainbow Curse. They're just incredibly underrated and ignored and just don't get enough credit.
This is a good point. When it comes to Kirby games it is far more likely for others to bring up the ones Sakurai directed (Adventure, Super Star, Air Ride) when he was around, so I imagine when the characters that appear in those game appeared in Star Allies, they are met with "who are they?" compared to Marx.

Thank you for reading.

~ The Drawn to Life series
~ Wario: Master of Disguise
~ Wario World
~ Pokemon Ranger trilogy
~ Drill Dozer
~ Densetsu no Stafy/The Legendary Starfy series
~ Tomato Adventure
~ Donkey Kong (1994) and Mario vs. Donkey Kong
~ Super Princess Peach
~ The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks
~ Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
~ Doshin the Giant
~ Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand
~ Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
~ Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby Mass Attack
~ Codename S.T.E.A.M
~ Dillon's Rolling Western series

Stella Glow. I would say Etrian Odyssey but it's pretty well known within it's niche which I can't say for SG. It really scratches that itch for a grid based SRPG that isn't class focused but character focused. Every character has their own set of skills and passives, witches in particular also get their own unique mechanics. Music is great but its kind of a small OST probably due to the higher than usual amount of vocal tracks. It's the only game I've ever replayed immediately upon beating it and actually completed that second play through.

Huh. Let me think on that one.
I'm gonna say Wii Sports Resort. I loved and still love the Island Flyover game, as bare bones as it was.
I'd love to see a port or sequel of it on the Switch.

A game that not many people talk about? Henry Hatsworth. Sure, I saw it get some press back in the day, but I thought it was really fun AND really entertaining, and it's a shame it seems like it fell off the radar entirely afterwards.

...I should go replay that game.

Idk...

Epic Mickey I guess? It's a game I own and which I personally find pretty good but no one I know knows about it.

TG would say that and more.

Yes, you're right about that. I'll say all I can about that.

Epic Mickey
SI_Wii_EpicMickey_enGB_image1600w.jpg

Epic Mickey is a Wii game released in 2010 by Junctionpoint Studio (which sadly shut down in 2013). The thing is, this game is a treasure of my childhood, and to this day, I still think it's a masterpiece. The thing is, I barely ever heard of anyone talk about that game.

The game revolves around forgotten Disney stuff, including Oswald The Lucky Rabbit, Horace Horsecollar and more. The game's events happen in Wasteland, a place based on Disneyland, with Main Street and that statue of Mickey and Walt Disney, and a lot more. Mickey gets transported to that place after finding a hidden lab and accidentally creating a monster called "The Phantom Blot". The Blot drags Mickey to that place and Mickey finds some magic brush that can spread paint or thinner. He makes friends and needs their help to get back home and save Wasteland.

Now again, I barely hear people talk about that game, which is a shame, considering how good it actually is. Now I heard about it a couple of times on the internet, but barely anywhere there. I personally think the game isn't getting as much attention as it should get, even thought it was released like 10 years ago, but in my perspective, it's an amazing game that should get more attention no matter how old it is.

I've been busy over the last few days, so here are my catch-up posts:

Day 5: My choices for these are in no particular order Nintendo, Rareware before the Microsoft buyout, Traveller's Tales, Grezzo and Hudson Soft/Nd Cube.

Day 6: Donkey Kong

Day 7: While there are so many fantastic music tracks and soundtracks as a whole to choose from, I'm gonna pick these personal favorites of mine in no particular order.

Qarr Dunes (Daytime) - Ever Oasis
Gang-Plank Galleon (SSBU remix)
Melty Molten Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
Rusty Bucket Bay - Banjo-Kazooie
Battle! Xerneas, Yveltal & Zygarde - Pokemon X and Y

Day 8: My pick for this would be Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (known as Donkey Kong Jet Race in PAL regions). I feel it is an underrated game in general, being a fun racing game with a good roster for its time and great music.

Alexander Hamilton said:
Alrighty, y'all, we've got a gender reversal from Day 2 for Day 6! Your challenge today: Your favorite male video game character!
Reaper from Overwatch. He's so over the top metal as fuck which I absolutely adore. his voice lines are easily my favorite among the Overwatch cast. the "i'm not a psychopath, i'm a high functioning psychopath" particulary amuses me since when you first hear it you'll initially think it's the quote from Sherlock which goes "i'm not a psychopath, i'm a high functioning sociopath" so the way it's switched up to be darker makes for a real good punchline. i also really freaking love how his reload animation is literally just straight up throwing both his guns away and pulling out new ones from the hell mist or whatever surrounds him. the playstyle he has also really really fits me. i tend to just go off and do my own thing when playing team based games so he's an absolutely perfect choice for me. nothing is more glorious than unleashing DIE DIE DIE-er death blossom, from behind or above on a group of unsuspecting enemy teamates and getting fuckton of kills from it

Alexander Hamilton said:
Time for day 7, and we've got a good one! Your challenge: Five of your favorite OSTs!

just an all around good blood pumper, also the first real "le epic rpg final boss theme" i've heard so it wins a special place for me. Bowser's Inside Story was a fantastic game and this was a perfect way for it to climax.

Beautiful song. Granted every godsdamn track in Awakening was A+. this one however stands out in particular to me because the way it's employed. It plays in the chapter right after Emmyren commits suicide in an attempt to preserve peace. which really hits hard as you basically spend half of the first part of the game fighting to keep her alive so seiing he willing go on her own and dat speech was hearbreaking indeed. So coming from that and then this playing as you fight the depressing rain is pretty fucked up this song perfectly encompasses all of the emotions entailed in that. said chapter also has a rather depressing boss as it's incredibly obvious he's only fighting you because if he doesn't the mad king will literally off his family. so having depressing music play on top of THAT is even more emo. I would also like to note the standard battle music that plays when your units fight doesn't actually play and this theme just seemlessly continues which really adds some neat atmosphere.

this encompasses everything i could possibly want in a a fantasy rpg's opening. the slow start with the piano, the eventual use of violins and trumpet, choir chantings, and the inclusion of the previous games opening song gives me chills every godsdamn time. honestly just go listen to it yourself please it's amazing and everyone should hear it stop reading and click play already

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wahdein vokul mahfaeraak ast vaal
Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fodnust vok zin dro zaan
Dovahkiin fah hin kogaan mu draal!
Huzrah nu kul do od wah aan bok
Lingrah vod, ahrk fin tey,
boziik fun do fin gein!
Wo lost fron wah ney dov,
ahrk fin rey liik do jul,
voth aan su ley kwahro nit faal krein!
Ahrk fin Kel lost prodah,
do vedviing ko fin krah,
Tol fod zehmah win kein mez fun dein!
Alduin, feyn do jun, kru ziik vokun staadnau,
Voth aan baaalok wah diivon fin lein!
nuz aansul, fent alok,
fod fin vul dovah nok,
Fen kos nah lot, mahfae raak ahrk ruz!
Paaz Keizaal fen kos stin nol bein Alduin jot,
nuz aansul, fent alok,
fod fin vul dovah nok,
Fen kos nah lot, mahfae raak ahrk ruz!
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wahdein vokul mahfaeraak ast vaal
Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fodnust vok zin dro zaan
Dovahkiin fah hin kogaan mu draal!

(i would also like to say that i've never had a moment in gaming that came anywhere near the awesomeness of this song playing as you fight a dragon atop a mountain. absolutely perfect in every possible way.)

This song does exactly what it's supposed to: make you feel like you're on a time limit and about to die. it's extremely repetitive and stays on a constant speed. the instruments never change either. and since it starts out fast and the pacing stays the same throughout the whole song it comes off as a bit nerve wracking. And when the song does finally stop it's actually kind of a relief. But being a song that, in game is played to make the cast of danganronpa v3 make their godsdamn move already, it's perfect. i haven't quite had many moments as the one where it stops playing in the game and you realize: the killing game has started again.

(i'll answer the current day/question after i've thought about it a bit/when i have time fuck work)

the gravity rush series is a really fun pair of games that no one ever talks about
everybody who has a ps4 (or a vita for the first one i guess but lol vita) should go and buy them

drill d

imo both hamtaro: ham-hams unite (for gbc) and ham-ham heartbreak (for gba) are really good and underrated adventure games. I don't have sales data for them but I assume the reason i've barely found anyone who's played either/both is because of lack of interest in the source material? but honestly, even if you know jack shit about the anime they both feel pretty fun to play and hold up well on replays once you've forgotten enough about them. There's actually a decent bit of extra post-game content in each too, so it's not just playing through it once and being done. Rly still wish there'd be a third game as a sequel, but unfortunately the devs dont work with nintendo anymore and I'm sure they've restructured heavily by now anyway. not to mention hamtaro as a franchise is probably mostly retired

maybe i'll stream them some day but i have no idea how interesting they'd be on a watch vs personally playing through them

Road Rash

It used to be my childhood game. I used to play these on my PCs a lot.

Back