Dr. Mario World

J-Yoshi64 said:
Interesting that Ludwig and Wendy joined the entourage. Wonder what made them qualify.

This. Koopalings are most surprised additions!

Mcmadness said:
SpriteAtlasTexture-profile-1024x1024-fmt47.png

The whole image case anyone is wondering.

I don't expected Donkey and Diddy in Dr. Mario.

lol I love how Bowser is limited to just moving his eyebrows to show any miserable gram of expression.

DK's even more barely looks any different.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
I miss Nurse Peach a lot though.
Yeah, it's a shame that we'll never get one of these two outfits in a modern 3D model.

DrMarioNsPeach.png

239px-Peach_NurseOutfit.jpg

Saltman said:
lol I love how Bowser is limited to just moving his eyebrows to show any miserable gram of expression.

Dr. Mario said:
DK's even more barely looks any different.

Try to guess which one is a normal Baby Peach/Baby Daisy and a sad Baby Peach/Baby Daisy

All I see is Baby Peach with eyes open, Baby Peach with eyes half-open.

From the Spriter's Resource, we could see that of the characters that weren't released, only three have actual icons stored: Daisy, Wario and Waluigi. The other datamined characters lacked character icons and one profile icon each.
119469.png

I must say that differences between two icons for certain characters are incredibly subtle if you only view it from the profile. Some of them are more obvious, like Peach and Daisy's crowns and Wario/Waluigi/Bowser's golden head mirror. Some of them you can't really see, like Luigi and Mario's golden stethoscope, and whatever differentiates the baby characters.
119517.png

Finally, I found it amusing that once again, not every Koopaling is treated equally. The first instance I can think of is in Mario & Sonic 2016, where only a number of them are playable.

Thank you for reading.

Perhaps Daisy, Wario, and Waluigi will be the next batch of characters.

Also for assistants, they haven't release Boomerang Bro, Chain Chomp, Dolphin, Fly Guy, Fuzzy, King Boo, Mechakoopa, Monty Mole, and Thwomp.
119468.png

Where is Dry Bones?

wiggler should be an assistant

can i mention the renders in there though sledge bro looks perfect and blooper seems to be a new one but a lot of the others are just existing renders but either mirrored or angled slightly differently.. or in case with hammer/boomerang bros its just straight up worse

ZelenPixel said:
can i mention the renders in there though sledge bro looks perfect and blooper seems to be a new one but a lot of the others are just existing renders but either mirrored or angled slightly differently.. or in case with hammer/boomerang bros its just straight up worse

a lot of those renders look really stiff and inarticulate

like, koopa troopa looks like an amateur pose, his left fist especially looks awkward

Bruhg some look like fan renders theyre so bad
J-Yoshi64 said:
Oh look, Boomerang Bro gets new unique artwork while Fire Bro and Ice Bro are left in the dust again.
nope actually
800px-Boomerang_Bro-NSMBU.png
DMW-BoomerangBro.png

its again existing artwork but worse

Making a convincing pose is expensive. :cheep:

ZelenPixel said:
its again existing artwork but worse
Well technically it's probably a different render that is just posed similarly to the previous one (correct me if I'm wrong, 3D modelers), but your point still stands.

Well that would be the 3D equivalent of pedantry. :lol:

shoutout to @winstein on mariowiki discord for providing the glorious full-body version of Dr. Baby Luigi (and other dr characters) !!!!

D_tdSwhX4AIEuhp.jpg

D_tdTeKXYAUZyNv.jpg

D_tdR5DX4AEA_Fy.jpg%3Alarge

#justiceforbabyluigi

I don't trust that plastic topped needle Baby Mario is holding.

his way of making sure everyone is vaccinated against diseases people his age can't get vaccinations for

Baby Mario's and Baby Peach's equipment makes me suspect the theory that the babies are just playing dress-up holds a bit of weight. They look like toys.

I've played the game and there's several things I want to say.

First of all, fuck Yoshi.

Okay.

I like the game a lot. It's the first game in the Dr. Mario series I've played, but I really enjoy all of the new additions to the Dr. Mario gameplay that this game provides. Alongside your typical viruses that you need to destroy with your limited amount of capsules, you have those little gimmicks in bubbles or in cages or finding coins and whatnot that really spice up the gameplay later on so that it doesn't get repetitive. Completing these puzzles and making you sit and think is a joy for me. The game can even get pretty tough early on (I wouldn't recommend tackling those challenge levels in the first world, not before you have gotten any assistants or leveled up your doctor, I've tried them and their hard-as-nails difficult, especially to get three stars on) and if you're aiming to get three stars on all levels, the game provides you the challenge to do that.

Versus mode is also pretty good. You can beat up players to get rewards at no cost of hearts (though the battle boxes also have a timer). Matchmaking is fine, and I've encountered a bug where I lost once despite my grid not being touched to the bottom for some strange reason. The game is fast and frantic, matches go and play themselves very quickly, so I found it pretty entertaining for my brief time spent there.

However, everything negative I can say about the game is attributed to its lootbox and free-to-wait energy system. Getting the character you want to be can be a real chore because you have a ridiculously small percent of getting one. I was lucky I got Dr. Toad as my second doctor, otherwise I would have been stuck with characters I don't really care for in the game. I understand that the game is free, but the game really tugs at you to get you to spend cash to clear hard levels or to refill your energy instantly, as well as playing the lottery for the character you want. If I had things my way, you should get to enjoy the game as it is, but there should also just be the option to buy the doctor you want to be straight up than pray the character or assistant you want is in the damn box.

I'd pretty much give the game a 6/10. If there was no free-to-wait economy and lootboxes, easily would have been an amazing and solid puzzle game I would recommended otherwise. Sadly, I can't recommend this to people with gambling addictions at all. It's not worth it.

the lootboxes. they mess everything up.

Back