What'll happen when the NSMB series becomes old?

It's physics feel weird. Either too stiff or too loose and due to the fan-game nature of it the presentation lacking.

The only fan games I'd play are rom hacks and even thats just a couple.

Neo Super Turbo MEGA Ultra Hyper GIGA Thesaurus Mario Bros.: Quest for the one hundred and twenty-eight Celestial Toasters DELUXE™ + Kammy's grocery shopping misadventures.

Maybe in the far future, Nintendo XDS online costs $100 and comes bundled with free NSMB games and only those games.

Why do we keep on making these games even though they're unoriginal and nobody likes them Super Mario Bros.

Jack Black said:
Why do we keep on making these games even though they're unoriginal and nobody likes them Super Mario Bros.

They sell.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Jack Black said:

They sell.

Dem casuals really like it.

So do I tbh

Jack Black said:
when's the last time they made a sequel new super mario bros. game? it's been, what, over 5 years now...

they're porting it, though

which is a fairly harmless thing to do.

I do like them more than Mario Run tho.

Seriously that thing is the most unoriginal Mario game and it has 100 million downloads.

That's what you think, but mind you, it's the only official Mario platformer on there...

Saltman said:

Seriously that thing is the most unoriginal Mario game and it has 100 million downloads.
The demo got 100 million downloads. There were only about 1 or 2 million buyers of the full game though, which makes it the worst-selling Mario platformer.

Super Mario Run is like, a very phenomenal game considering the market it's in.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Run is like, a very phenomenal game considering the market it's in.

I'd compare it to other Mario games rather than other phone games. It's not that good.

But at least it has other playable characters that aren't just Yellow Toad and Blue Toad.

I think it's unfair to compare it to other Mario games than to other phone games, because it has a lower budget and a lower price. It's for a different market than people who own Nintendo consoles.

Saltman said:
But at least it has other playable characters that aren't just Yellow Toad and Blue Toad.

Their names are A-la-Gold and Bucken Berry.

Get it right, for the love of pickles!

I think they will make Super Mario 2D series of games that are like a 2D Mario game that plays like a 3D game like Super Mario 63, that fan flash game.
Saltman said:

It also has Peach and Daisy in it too as playable characters, which is something that should've been done when NSMBWii was being developed or even NSMBU. Seriously, Nintendo was making bullshit excuses. Peach was already playable in Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl with no problems. They were fully capable of doing it. Yeah, it took like until now where StupidMarioBros1Fan was able to make her be playable with a lot of trouble, trial and error. I hope Nintendo makes Peach and Daisy playable in the next 2D Mario game which will hopefully be NSMB Switch without any more bullshit excuses. StupidMarioBros1Fan put a lot of effort into his mod for Nintendo to take notes of.

The development teams behind Melee and Brawl are not the same as NSMBW though. So even saying that she was playable in those games didn't mean that anyone could make her playable this way. Granted, they ARE professional devs, probably, but still...

Back