Luigi's Mansion 3

Going half-measure with something doesn't sound too good to me. Either way, I'm glad the loud minority who maintain that Mario should go dark or horrifying at all costs aren't in charge of making games.

I want to see Nintendo make a Luigi's Mansion game that's actually scary. I don't mean boos and other ghosts that come off as playful, I mean go full Silent Hill...okay to maintain that E10 rating, go HALF Silent Hill? Better? Ok. I want there to be a Luigi's Mansion game to have a psychological edge to it. Something people would never expect when playing a Luigi's Mansion title, or any Mario title in general (Unless it's Super Paper Mario which is the closest to a horror Mario title).

I don't understand why you want a truly horrifying Mario game. Why do you want to add grimdark to a series that doesn't need grimdark? Even Super Paper Mario isn't even close to being a horror Mario title; this is like calling any depictions of the river of styx in Greek mythology "horror". They had their dark elements, sure, but that doesn't make it horror, does it?

You aren't going to get a true horror title from a series that, by default, looks like this:

LM_3DS_Four_Ghosts_Artwork.jpg

The most horrifying it got was depictions of Luigi in the first game, but they were unintentionally scary

LM_Prerelease_Luigi_Screaming_Cutscene.png

Or that depressed Luigi from the first trailer. Devs probably thought it was too scary to depict for a franchise aimed at 6 year olds, so yeah, that's why they changed it.

I don't understand why you'd want Mario to be a horror game. The franchise is meant to be bubbly, cartoony, and kid-friendly, which generally doesn't mesh well with horror. If you want horror, just play an actual horror game. Wanting the Mario franchise to be horrifying is like wanting a slow-paced Sonic game or wanting a cute Five Nights of Freddy's game. Making Mario into horror would lose part of what makes Mario, well, Mario.

I like to imagine the converse of this suggestion. Imagine going into a Silent Hill board and you suggest the series go into a cute, playful cartoony direction, and not as some one-off spinoff, I mean, suggest this as the new direction for that series. Everything looks the same. Just the dialogue is childish and the music is bubbly. The plot is that Pyramid Head unleashed the Music Keys and horrifying monsters like Split Worm have to lose in a dance-off to Heather so she can cross a river of blood.

I don't understand why you'd want Mario to be a horror game. The franchise is meant to be bubbly, cartoony, and kid-friendly, which generally doesn't mesh well with horror. If you want horror, just play an actual horror game. Wanting the Mario franchise to be horrifying is like wanting a slow-paced Sonic game or wanting a cute Five Nights of Freddy's game. Making Mario into horror would lose part of what makes Mario, well, Mario.
1. We actually do have a slow paced Sonic game. It's the original game AFTER Green Hill Zone.

2. What I mean is make it a game that would still have elements you would find in a Mario game, but also mix it with a Guillermo Del Toro vibe. In previous Luigi's Mansion games, they had ghostly elements but knew they're still Mario games so they can't be scary at all, meaning they're not giving much for the players to think about. A Luigi's Mansion game with actual horror elements would not only scare the players, but also give said players something to think about. It would also end on a brighter note. Making the players feel relieved that the nightmares would be over, showcasing that there is a brighter spot. I feel like Luigi's Mansion is a type of Mario game series that should have a character study vibe to it.

A Luigi's Mansion game with actual horror elements would not only scare the players, but also give said players something to think about. It would also end on a brighter note. Making the players feel relieved that the nightmares would be over, showcasing that there is a brighter spot. I feel like Luigi's Mansion is a type of Mario game series that should have a character study vibe to it.

I have a better idea. Take Metro 2033, and make it a kart racing game. I'm sure kids and moms will be heads over heels playing as Artyom, Nosalises, ghosts, demons, Watchmen, and Dark Ones in go-karts in a destroyed Moscow race-track.

1. We actually do have a slow paced Sonic game. It's the original game AFTER Green Hill Zone.

2. What I mean is make it a game that would still have elements you would find in a Mario game, but also mix it with a Guillermo Del Toro vibe. In previous Luigi's Mansion games, they had ghostly elements but knew they're still Mario games so they can't be scary at all, meaning they're not giving much for the players to think about. A Luigi's Mansion game with actual horror elements would not only scare the players, but also give said players something to think about. It would also end on a brighter note. Making the players feel relieved that the nightmares would be over, showcasing that there is a brighter spot. I feel like Luigi's Mansion is a type of Mario game series that should have a character study vibe to it.

Or if people wanted that type of thing they could just play the many other horror games out there that do that instead of trying to turn Mario into something it's not.

Back