Your most favorite and least favorite Mario girls.

Top Five Favorites:

#1.) Vivian
#2.) Rosalina
#3.) Harriet
#4.) Peach
#5.) Goombella

Least Favorite:

- There are not any characters that I genuinely dislike. -

I WANT A BURGER said:
Least Favorite:

- There are not any characters that I genuinely dislike. -
I guess Jojora is too awful to be named.

I am more inclined towards the less popular Mario females:
- Daisy: Her energetic and cheerfulness is the highlight of the character, and the orange and yellow colour scheme matches that quite well. It's also cool that she has a classic look and the modern look. Unfortunately, she is also the only Mario character that I am ashamed in saying I like.
- Toadette: Toadette is cool and has a distinct voice from the other Toads (note: I like the Toad's raspy voices), and is visually distinct from the Toads which seems to be lacking in variety otherwise.
- Pauline: I would consider her the underdog Mario character because she was from Mario's first game, yet Pauline never appeared prominently. Contrast this with Super Mario Bros., where all the characters ended up as important characters later.
- Birdo: Another underdog Mario character, I think Nintendo didn't do enough for her since her conversion to being a friendly character. I hope that they could get over the stigma of Birdo (if they ever have one) and put Birdo into more games, such as a Yoshi game.

Ones I am largely indifferent are:
- Peach: I apologise to all the Peach fans out there, but I just found her generic. Which is ironic because I don't find Mario generic, contrary to the opinion of many Mario fans.
- Rosalina: While Rosalina is suddenly prominent, I can't help but feel neutral for her especially after her prominence rose through the combo of 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4. (Mario Kart 8 is due to Rosalina having artwork specifically for her). I guess this type of promotion is overwhelming to me that I rather not think too much about her at that point.
- Baby versions of Peach, Daisy and Rosalina: I just find them nice to have, though not in a fanatical sense.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
- Peach: I apologise to all the Peach fans out there, but I just found her generic. Which is ironic because I don't find Mario generic, contrary to the opinion of many Mario fans.

Eh, LGM will agree with that and elaborate why she feels this way, though obviously I can't because I find Mario not much more generic than Peach.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Eh, LGM will agree with that and elaborate why she feels this way, though obviously I can't because I find Mario not much more generic than Peach.
Mario has a twin brother for starters. And he's not traditionally attractive. Mario also has a great voice actor which can make up for his personality. He has those side events and is the main character of alternate media like the comics and manga that help bolster his character. But I admit, I'm attracted to him, I don't think that's a secret.

I think one problem with Peach is that she's overly nice and polite and her character archetype has been done to death already. We already have very feminine attractive princesses everywhere, who also happen to be damsels in distress. But even when she has her chance to develop, she remains flat and her voice acting isn't anything to write about. She's overly calm in the party, kart, and sports games, maybe not in Mario Strikers. Most of the time, people remark on how attractive she is and the occasional help she has done, but contrast this with Mario, who has a Luigi dynamic and friends he makes and general cartoony slapstick he's involved in (and his character archetype, while being a hero, I don't think being a fat plumber is common), or Bowser, who has minion shenanigans and a family, including Bowser Jr. to keep track of. You don't really see Peach interacting with Toads that much. Daisy could've been like a foil for her, actually but that's not in Nintendo's interests, sadly.

My most favorite Mario girl is Daisy. Nobody is surprised. I also quite like most of the other girls, too. I even like Honey Queen and having her in Mario Kart 7.

I do not like Pink Gold Peach as a separate character from Peach. If she was just Peach with a Gold Flower, as an alt costume or power-up or something, I wouldn't even care.

Honey Queen is the most underrated Mario Kart character. She needs more love and she should have returned in Mario Kart 8.

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, it just seems like this topic was made for me (someone who loves the female characters in Mario games), yet I never posted here for some reason...Also, it can't be as bad as the 10+ year old topics that other users have bumped, right??

S Tier
Peachette:
What do you get when you mix Peach with one of the cutest characters in the series? An even cuter version of Peach! Peach was already my favorite Mario character before, but Peachette is even better. I like her hair, bow tie, and dress better than Peach's.
Dixie Kong: One of my favorites in the baseball games and Mario Kart Tour. Wish she could've been added to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and just appear in more Mario spinoffs in general...
Birdo: Underrated gal. I usually prefer her to Peach in games that they're both in since Birdo has less playable appearances.
Baby Peach: The cutest baby character (imo), and I will always support her in Mario Kart.
Cat Peach: I initially thought that she was a pointless addition to Mario Kart 8 as DLC, but she grew on me. Cats are really cute, and I like her anti-gravity trick animation.
Wendy: My favorite koopaling, and also one of the most hated characters ever...I always feel bad for these unpopular characters, so I support her and enjoy helping her win in Mario Kart.
Pink Gold Peach: I never hated her inclusion in Mario Kart 8, was really happy when she was brought back in Mario Sports Superstars, and enjoyed playing as her in Mario Kart Tour. She was quite useful there due to her Coin Box item, and I enjoy her lines/more cocky personality than Peach's. I like having her as a separate character from Peach because it means she has her own unique stats that are different from Peach's. Whereas Peach is a slow and light character in Kart and rather weak in Sports, PGP is a fast heavyweight in Kart and a powerhouse in Sports.

A Tier
Isabelle, Inkling Girl, and Villager (F):
If crossover characters count, I did like these gals a lot in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Pauline: She truly is a great character and I enjoy playing as her in Mario Kart.
Peach: I do like her a lot and is my #1 favorite from the main cast, but I usually only main her in games that have smaller rosters like in the Mario Party games. In games with larger rosters, I gravitate towards the other girls that are less popular and that are playable less often.
Baby Rosalina: She was my first main in Mario Kart 8 Wii U, and I think that she has the best lines/cutest voice clips out of all the babies.

A- Tier
Toadette:
Was my #1 favorite back when I first played Mario Party 6 almost 20 years ago. I don't really know why I started to like her less over time...some of her animations can be a little annoying (such as her 2nd-6th place animation in Mario Kart 8)...like calm down, you hyperactive child.
Rosalina: I do like her, but she is probably the most well-liked and popular female character in the series which makes me want to play as her less since she doesn't really need the support...I liked her better in her first few playable appearances like Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 when she was voiced by Mercedes Rose or Kerri Kane, who actually did a good job of making her sound mature and unique. Laura Faye Smith turned her into a Peach sound-alike who yells "OOOH-WHEEE, YAHOO, ROSALINA!!!"

Daisy Tier
Baby Daisy:
I did tolerate her for some time after I began to hate the adult Daisy since I couldn't deny that she is super cute, and well, I felt bad about about hating a baby character. I wouldn't say that I actually "hate" Baby Daisy since that's a strong word, but I'm not a fan.

(gap)

Daisy: Probably the most overrated character in the Mario series, or even the most overrated video game character in general. Or perhaps even the most overrated character in any form of media. For a character who did little to nothing of importance or anything really heroic (prior to Mario Wonder), she is disappointingly popular and has quite a large fanbase. And it seems that Nintendo also has a bias towards her as they usually make her really good in the Kart/Sports games, and she's been getting a lot of (undeserved) special treatment in recent years. Ugh, just why Nintendo??

Favorites:
1. Peach (god tier, she's our queen)
2. Lady Bow (cool character overall)
3. Rosalina (she has a great design)
4. Daisy (meh)
5. Toadette/Peachette
6. Stella (Princess Peach: Showtime!)
7. Starlow (idk why, I just like her)
8. Vivian (cool character)
9. Bowsette (jk)
10. Kersti (okay)
Least Favorites:
1. Baby Rosalina (she shouldn't even exist)
2. Pauline (I just don't like her, but it's cool that Kate Higgins voiced her)
3. Toadiko (she just lacks personality)
EDIT: 4. Wendy O. Koopa (her lips are just...)

My opinions back in 2018 are dated. I've grown to have a more positive opinion of Peach nowadays. I don't think she's bland, though. She has a distinct personality. I like her character traits of being very good-hearted, innocent, relatively modest (despite her princess upbringing), docile, and selfless, very generally speaking (she's kinda feisty in Mario Party in Mario Kart, see Super Mario Party boxart, see Mario Kart Wii's opening cutscene; she's still allowed to be that way though! Look at Mario, he tries to be overbearing in Mario Power Tennis during a certain trophy scene, and apparently he's called a monster...). She's also unabashedly girly and she has potential to actually harness this and play to her strengths. I'm always hoping she keeps her girliness intact. For instance, I think the movie Peach, while strong, is a little too assertive and athletic and I would've liked to see more cake baking, flower picking, singing a song, painting, playing the piano. But above all, she should be an example that a character doesn't need muscles or aggression to be strong, and I hope Nintendo maintains this. Her best moments IMO involve persuasion, sweet-talking bad guys, and maintaining herself as a beloved figure in Mushroom Kingdom.

Now that being said, her character design has issues, so several of my criticisms back in 2018 remain. It emphasizes a nice inoffensive symmetrical face with a small mouth, barely any teeth, and thin delicate eyebrows.... the expense of varied facial expressions. Her face is basically🙂😯😘😦 at any point, not much else. Two of the most expressive parts of a human face, the mouth and the brows, are very diminished on Peach. The Peach Showtime game we're getting expands it... but only slightly. I believe Peach's face is a byproduct of the era she was created in when she initally served as just pretty woman who has to look young and conventionally attractive (women are often designed to be pretty but sacrificing distinctive traits), for the funny schnoz brothers to rescue. She clashes a lot with Mario, like they're both from separate games.

So many female characters spun off from her (Peach, Daisy, Rosalina Pauline... unless you think Peach was spunoff from Pauline which is a possibility), as if the designers are afraid to actually differentiate female characters, lest they risk wrath from the players who would denigrate as much as a slightly too-thick-lip and slightly too crooked nose as "ugly". I emphasize that Peach and Daisy and Rosalina look more similar to each other than Mario and Luigi are, and those two guys are twins. While I can headcanon away that Peach has to look restrained and keep a poker face to maintain her "pretty" face (like, in real life, women are held to a much higher standard to behavior), Daisy is generally seen as more expressive and her facial expressions should really highlight the limits of Peach's since Daisy's so similar to Peach. What's Daisy's excuse? Pauline's excuse?

Peach has been through a lot. There is an unfortunately common conception that she's one of the worst video game characters whose only role is to get kidnapped. It's woefully dated given basically most of her roles in games after, like, Super Mario 64 isn't just the a goal of a game but an actual character who happens to get kidnapped, such as in Paper Mario, Super Mario Odyssey, and 3D Land. Given the dire state of female characters in video games and especially their gross sexualization that's way too common (albeit it's improving, but still too slowly), and given her trajectory of starting as a plot device to a character that's beloved and is commonly playable and a heroine, Peach is certainly better than most female video game characters. It's a trajectory worth celebrating.

I appreciate Peach for who she is. I think she should be appreciated too.

Love:

Peach
Cackletta
Vivian
Tippi
Mimi
Pauline
Nastasia
Rosalina
Goombella
Kammy Koopa
Lady Bow
Shadow Queen

Like:

Toadette
Baby Peach
Princess Shroob
Ms. Mowz
Bombette
Luvbi

Indifferent:

Flurrie
Daisy
Baby Daisy
Starlow
Wendy O. Koopa

Dislike:

Kersti
Baby Rosalina
Pink Gold Peach
Daisy has grown on me a lot since this post. So here's an update.

Love:

Peach
Cackletta
Vivian
Tippi
Mimi
Pauline
Nastasia
Daisy
Rosalina
Goombella
Kammy Koopa