Super Mario Party

Only having 4 boards is a bit of a disappointment, but I'm still hoping to get the game

Yeah, this is really dissapointing. This was going to be the best game in the Mario Party series (or at least, a game that is good as the first eight), then - Boom! Only 4 boards. I hope they at least feature DLC boards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP6kCG6GIOw
Well, at least we have a story! The intro is similar to the one in the original MP.

Wow, amazing that they managed to have an aspect of this game be worse than Mario Party 10. Every other aspect appears to be better though, so that's not too bad.

Czario said:
Wow, amazing that they managed to have an aspect of this game be worse than Mario Party 10. Every other aspect appears to be better though, so that's not too bad.
Worse?

CamTro said:
Czario said:
Worse?

the boards.

MP10 has 5 iirc.

this one only has 4 , but in this games' defense at least it plays like in the original games , MP10 may have 1 more board but the gameplay is hot garbage so the complain is not valid enough

Well, maybe they were going for a quality over quantity thing where there are only 4 boards but said boards are really good?

Or at least good by Mario Party standards since you know, Mario Party is shit.

Also yay context. I don't want a big story out of these games but I at least like it when they give a reason as to why they are partying.

Swiftie_Luma said:
CamTro said:
Czario said:
Worse?

the boards.

MP10 has 5 iirc.

this one only has 4 , but in this games' defense at least it plays like in the original games , MP10 may have 1 more board but the gameplay is hot garbage so the complain is not valid enough
Well, yeah, this game is sure to be miles better than MP10. The boards are probably more interesting than MP10's as well.

Well of course, but there is "8" boards at least by 4 classic boards and 4 star rush boards style.

lol i'm disappointed in that and i was already disappointed by the implementation to begin with

Until Mario Party becomes a one game per system series like the other spin offs, it will forever be without online in any significant capacity.

Mcmadness said:
Until Mario Party becomes a one game per system series like the other spin offs, it will forever be without online in any significant capacity.

not really.

Mario Party 10 is the only Mario Party on wii u and it doesnt have online sans lame and dead miiverse posts.

So was it revealed anywhere how to unlock the characters in this game. I kind of want to know if it will be quick or a pain.

I'm going to be playing with friends on Sturday and I want to have all the characters and boards ready. I just don't want it to be too much of a pain to get it all since I have only a day.

Swiftie_Luma said:
not really.

Mario Party 10 is the only Mario Party on wii u and it doesnt have online sans lame and dead miiverse posts.

We'd still be playing on the wii u now had it actually sold well.

https://twitter.com/kirby1781/status/1047936470588293125
Dat attention to detail.

ThatGuy62 said:
https://twitter.com/kirby1781/status/1047936470588293125
Dat attention to detail.

The Monty Mole minigame is also another nice touch: If Monty Mole is in the minigame, he will sweat and bulges his eyes in the minigame, like he's feeling guilty for hitting his own kind.

Thank you for reading.

First issue of Online Mariothon: Lag.

And thank goodness, Toad's Rec Room minigames doesn't require two Switches (except for Banana, Split).

This game has been released at last!

I haven't played it yet, but I think the most appealing part of the game is the fact that they actually invited Bowser (sure, there was MP10, but he wasn't exactly invited to that party).

Well he wasn't really invited this time time either, it's just instead of coming to crash and mess with everybody, he showed up to legitimately participate.

yeah but MP2 intro will forever be better.

It has more personality on it and Bowser actually was in that one.

Save that for Super Mario Party 2

Back