Super Mario Party

Can we further shred the "no arms" argument for Goomba's playability now

Those two little arms poking out, I believe, act like its arms.

Every Minigame being shown so far...

source: http://mariopartylegacy.com/2018/07/every-minigame-in-super-mario-party-so-far/

Mario Party should be like Mario Kart, it should include retro boards and minigames (Top 100 doesn't really count) just like the N64 Mario Parties did with some minigames!

Miles Tails Prower said:
Mario Party should be like Mario Kart, it should include retro boards and minigames (Top 100 doesn't really count) just like the N64 Mario Parties did with some minigames!

Only the ideas from the Top 100 which I actually liked so far is minigame pack or your own custom minigame pack...

CamTro said:
Miles Tails Prower said:

Only the ideas from the Top 100 which I actually liked so far is minigame pack or your own custom minigame pack...
Top 100 had a great premise, but fell flat as a full-priced game. If there had actually been a party mode and some new minigames, it could have been a memorable farewell to the old Mario Party. Not like it matters much, though, because only a year later they're rebooting the series.

Having a good premise but being terrible at execution is pretty much the gist of most recent Mario Party titles, with maybe the exception being Mario Party Star Rush, though the main problem I had with Toad Scramble (being unable to pick your favorite character) has been addressed in Super Mario Party. Other games, like Mario Party: Island Tour, had a race to the finish concept that was done far better in Mario Party 5's mode, Mini-Game Circuit, because it helped, you know, the players who actually won the minigames and there wasn't a blatant amount of luck elements like there was in the board events in Island Tour.

You know, after playing Island Tour, I really miss the Story mode stuff. It doesn't look like Super Mario Party will have one, which is a shame. Every time there's a Story mode, at the very least, there are funny things in it, additionally including the story in of itself being really cheesy and funny. Bowser Tower had pretty amusing Bowser dialogue for starters.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Top 100 had a great premise, but fell flat as a full-priced game. If there had actually been a party mode and some new minigames, it could have been a memorable farewell to the old Mario Party. Not like it matters much, though, because only a year later they're rebooting the series.
The ironic thing is that this reboot is actually putting it back to the old Mario Party style since Mario Party 9 essentially rebooted it and took it in the wrong direction. They're rebooting to undo the crappy reboot that was MP9.

Czario said:
Sunshine Yoshi said:
The ironic thing is that this reboot is actually putting it back to the old Mario Party style since Mario Party 9 essentially rebooted it and took it in the wrong direction. They're rebooting to undo the crappy reboot that was MP9.
This reboot is actually rebooting it to the new 2016 style used in Star Rush, not the original 1998 style.

If that can even be called a reboot, that is.

Isn't it kinda combining them? Because you get to walk around as a character, with summoning helper characters being a feature but not integral to the gameplay like in Star Rush. To be fair, I'm not totally sure about how Star Rush works, but this looks like a combo between the two rather than just the Star Rush style to me.

so far its borrowing stuff from the old games plus star rush from what we have seen so yeah, so far it is a combination.

Star Rush doesn't have designated spaces like this game has. I saw Blue Spaces and the ilk, while the only features you can land on in Star Rush are bosses, shops, items, and switches.

The whole allies mechanic is back which is the biggest deal in the main mode for Star Rush, plus the second board has the same design without a preset route, its free roam like Star Rush. Allies are taking over the overall mode it seems since even in the classic styled board they appear and even in some minigames.

Boss battles were introduced in MP9 and those are likely gone.

hammer bro is playable again, im so happy

Swiftie_Luma said:
Boss battles were introduced in MP9 and those are likely gone.

If you mean how Mario Party 9 structures Boss Battles (competitive + coop multiplayer), then it's indeed introduced there. However Mario Party 3 is the game that first introduce a Boss Battle, and most Mario Party games that followed it have Boss Battles (4, 5, 7, 8, DS), though only DS had multiple bosses. We might not know everything about Super Mario Party, but I don't think Boss Battles minigames are out of the picture.

Thank you for reading.

Island Tour's bosses are single-player oriented, if that's the type of boss fights you're looking for.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Island Tour's bosses are single-player oriented, if that's the type of boss fights you're looking for.
Yeah, I've played both 8 and Island Tour, and I want more boss battles like those. I really don't understand why Nd Cube can't make multiplayer boss battles without the MP9 style.

J & Siph said:
Hold up! Why am I only just now hearing about this game at all? Where was I?

Wherever you are, it's not too late to hear about it. In fact, I prefer to learn about new game stuff even after the announcement happens!

Thank you for reading.

J & Siph said:
Hold up! Why am I only just now hearing about this game at all? Where was I?

Yeah I know E3 was so underwhelming. Ultimate easily steered some attention towards it.

So we're getting online right.
Cause if so this shit will be wild

Back