Super Mario Party

I think now I'm more excited for this game than Mario Tennis Aces. It's too bad we have to wait four more months for this game to come out while Mario Tennis Aces already comes out next week. If only it were the other way around, because I'd rather wait for Mario Tennis.

All this needs now is some story mode with a really dumb premise and we are good to go.

Right. And Kamek was shown to be a bad guy in this game (as he puts a Bad Luck Space) so maybe he can be the antanogist of Story Mode. Or maybe Dry Bowser.

Or they'll just do what they did for MP3, MP5 and MP9's story mode where certain characters just weren't allowed to be played as due to their role in the story mode.

Yeah, then :bowser: and :bowjr:. could be the antanogists. But i want to see :bowser: going to a adventure with :mario:.

yup. Im willing to put aside Rosalina's odd voice clips (its matter of time it will change so meh) if this has a good chunk of content.

Im already loving her expressive nature in this-

Y0en1xl.gif

xcZbBYS.gif

bloCCVH.gif
zZALZNw.gif
bejrZch.gif

I never got the feeling that this game is a reboot until it's mention, probably because Mario has never been a series known for continuity. However, I can see how it can be a reboot even though I don't feel it's one since it still incorporates several elements from older games. Things like:
- Title branding, as adding Super is a good enough draw for a new start
- Bowser being part of the playable cast and not in a villainous sense (Mario Party 10), whereas Bowser has always been cast as a villain in previous Mario Party games
- Original characters in past Mario Party games are nowhere to be found (which is a pity since Tumble is the only Mario Party original character that I would like brought back)
- Having online play even though it's only for minigames. I envisioned a few times that when Mario Party were to have online, the minigames would be a start. This sounds like a minor thing, but I think it's a major addition since minigames are essential for a Mario Party game so they are tackling a major hurdle first, while board games are turn-based so there's not as challenging for online implementation. Here's hoping that the future also brings board play into the online fold.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Hm... Wario's not here. Wonder if he's going to be a last minute addition like Luigi is in the Mario Party 9 box art.

Thank you for reading.

Toad is too. He just operates as the "main" host while Toadette is the other host. He's just not on the boxart.

winstein said:
I never got the feeling that this game is a reboot until it's mention, probably because Mario has never been a series known for continuity. However, I can see how it can be a reboot even though I don't feel it's one since it still incorporates several elements from older games. Things like:

For me it feels more like a remake of Star Rush. I mean, there are allies, items... And Gold Rush Mine is very similar to Star Rush.
And it looks like it would be good. Star Rush looks very cool to me, and this looks even better.

Super Mario Party , the one that looks like is the savior of franchise , needs to be pinned in the topic section tbh-

lol when Peach casts the Peepa on Mario she laughts at him...

this is certainly gonna give a boost to the ''ending friendships'' thing.

Super Mario Party is definitely Mario Party Ultimate.

Everyone is here! ...except Koopa Kid.
(Toad, Toadette and Spike, who were previously playable, are NPCs)

At the very least, I hope that this game could contain at least one board type that was found in previous games, given that we have so far seen a board that resembles Mario Party's classic board used in the first game, and a grid-like structure that is used in Star Rush. If the developers want to include it, even the board type that involves everyone getting in the same vehicle have a board if they want to add it.

Thank you for reading.

(Feel free to call blasphemy if you strongly feel against this)

Look like we will have a fishing minigame!

With Diddy, Hammer Bro, Pom Pom, and Monty Mole.

j8hvxota5i811.jpg

Source from /r/Mario

That reminds me of Treasure Trawler.

God I hated that minigame.

CamTro said:
Look like we will have a fishing minigame!

With Diddy, Hammer Bro, Pom Pom, and Monty Mole.

j8hvxota5i811.jpg

Source from /r/Mario

It's called Rumble Fishing.

I must say, I am looking forward to all of goomba's no hands, no problem animations.

Back