Super Mario Party

At 1:37 in the Day 2 E3 stream, I saw Dust Buddies. Thought it was the same (not realizing it was 1 vs. 3) until they actually showed it. And there are a few unlockable minigames. But, that can easily change. Overall I like this game even with little of what have been shown.

Toad and Toadette not being playable is fucking stupid

Bowser looks so good in this game. I love that he's playable on the same level of the other characters and I saw a part of the stream where he, Mario and Luigi were on a team and they all high-fived when they won, that was adorable :D

They need to do a group hug.

Maybe Nintendo should take Suda51 up on their offer for a Mario and Bowser road trip game after all.

this looks like the best game so far.

Toad and Toadette not being playable is harsh tho, of all the characters to make as hosts they pick them????? They had to screw up somewhere , i know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbtoa09nC5I
The E3 gameplay, in case anyone is interested.
And Toad gets back his role as a host.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Toad and Toadette not being playable is harsh tho, of all the characters to make as hosts they pick them????? They had to screw up somewhere , i know.

I agree with you. They shouldv'e bringed back MC Ballyhoo instead of making Toad and Toadette not playble.

YoshiEgg1990 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

I agree with you. They shouldv'e bringed back MC Ballyhoo instead of making Toad and Toadette not playble.

I would of taken Toadsworth and Tumble any day

I don't care who it is as long as it's not Toad and Toadette or ANY MORE of my favorite characters

What if Baby Mario and Baby Luigi became the hosts of Mario Kart?

YoshiEgg1990 said:
If the options were Toad and Toadette or MC Ballyhoo, I'd pick Toad and Toadette to be hosts just to keep him out of it, but I do think it's stupid that they're not playable. Saying that though, they could take a page out of his book and just create someone completely new, we haven't actually had original hosts since him and Big Top. Someone along the lines of Brighton and Twila or Tumble would be nice for a change.

I'm also wondering if Kamek's going to have some sort of hosting job too, as he appears on the loading screen with Toad and Toadette. Perhaps it's Kamek time seeing as Bowser and Bowser Jr. are quite obviously out of the question.

Well, i wanted them to bring MC Ballyhoo back because he only appeared in one game, and he is one of my favourite characters, due to him being energetic and having cool quotes.

BBQ Turtle said:
YoshiEgg1990 said:
If the options were Toad and Toadette or MC Ballyhoo, I'd pick Toad and Toadette to be hosts just to keep him out of it, but I do think it's stupid that they're not playable. Saying that though, they could take a page out of his book and just create someone completely new, we haven't actually had original hosts since him and Big Top. Someone along the lines of Brighton and Twila or Tumble would be nice for a change.

I'm also wondering if Kamek's going to have some sort of hosting job too, as he appears on the loading screen with Toad and Toadette. Perhaps it's Kamek time seeing as Bowser and Bowser Jr. are quite obviously out of the question.
Lowkey I would love to see a story mode where you have to save Toadette and Toad from Kamek or something and you could play as whoever.

Yep, i would like a Story Mode as well. But i wonder who should be the antanogist when Bowser is playble.

Probably a new character like that stupid tennis racket from Mario Tennis Aces.

Steve the evil Dice Block that mummifies victims and also stares into Jeff Gertsmann's eyes

I'm sorry, I still can't look at an evil racket called "Lucien" and expect to take it seriously.

Princess Mario said:
I'm sorry, I still can't look at an evil racket called "Lucien" and expect to take it seriously.

Same, LOL

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Plague Knight said:
My reaction was excitement that they're bringing back the old formula mixed with an underlying fear that they're still gonna screw it up. I dislike that they aren't calling it Mario Party 11 since this was one of the only series that still had a pure number format. At least Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Mega Man still basically have it. But is this not really the old formula? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
This isn't Mario Party 11, though. Top 100 was clearly the finale of the old Mario Party. Nintendo explicitly said that this is a reboot.
It's the 11th console Mario Party. Therefore, it's Mario Party 11. MP9 changed the gameplay far more than this, so that was more of a reboot. In fact, this is far from going away from the old Mario Party; rather, it's returning to the old formula. I think calling it a reboot is nothing more than marketing.

According to Mcmadness earlier in this thread, the ditching of the numbers is for marketing purposes as people are less likely to buy a game with a large number on it.

I don't know how statistically true this is, though.

In any case, I'm impressed by what I see so far. It looks like the 1-8 formula with a few Star Rush elements peppered in such as Allies. The minigames look fun, and that meat cooking one was especially amusing. Before this game's reveal, I said I wouldn't buy the next Mario Party if it kept MP10's gameplay, but it looks like they fixed it. I think I'll pick this one up if I can scrape up the funds.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
According to Mcmadness earlier in this thread, the ditching of the numbers is for marketing purposes as people are less likely to buy a game with a large number on it.

I don't know how statistically true this is, though.

I think it is right... I'm imagining going to a store and seeing, for example, 'Mario Party 30'. I will not want to buy it.

Plague Knight said:
Sunshine Yoshi said:
Plague Knight said:
My reaction was excitement that they're bringing back the old formula mixed with an underlying fear that they're still gonna screw it up. I dislike that they aren't calling it Mario Party 11 since this was one of the only series that still had a pure number format. At least Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Mega Man still basically have it. But is this not really the old formula? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
This isn't Mario Party 11, though. Top 100 was clearly the finale of the old Mario Party. Nintendo explicitly said that this is a reboot.
It's the 11th console Mario Party. Therefore, it's Mario Party 11. MP9 changed the gameplay far more than this, so that was more of a reboot. In fact, this is far from going away from the old Mario Party; rather, it's returning to the old formula. I think calling it a reboot is nothing more than marketing.
Saying that this is Mario Party 11 is like saying that New Super Mario Bros. is Super Mario Bros. 5. Just wait, the next console Mario Party will be Super Mario Party 2. I'm sure of it.

No, because NSMB significantly changed the formula (by having 3D) and was years after the last one. Mario Party had never lapsed with installments and isn't very different from the rest in the series. You wouldn't even be saying this if it really was called Mario Party 11 because there's nothing that makes it not MP11. By this logic, MP9 wasn't MP9 because that was a much bigger change than this is. What I'm going by here is actual changes to the games rather than what Nintendo is calling it to drum up interest in the game.

Back