Super Mario Party

Mcmadness said:
Koopa Kid
My idea.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I'm getting really cheap shovelware vibes from this. Mario Party boxarts are usually far better than this.
Maybe they can put this on a Campbell's Chili can in the future.

i actually like the new logo.

It gives the series a reboot feeling and its more minimalistic.

As long as i can collect stars as Rosalina and wreck other players while traveling on my own and using items then im good.

Plus another game i can mod.

I have mentioned it before, but I think the car was added in Mario Party 9 and 10 because the developer is already developing Wii Party, which indeed have characters moving separately. Although Wii Party is different from Mario Party in some ways, they most likely put the characters in the same vehicle to further differentiate it from Wii Party. Now that Wii Party is not going to continue, Mario Party is now free to have characters move on their own accord, not to mention there's no more splitting ideas between the two games. For example, I would have loved Mario characters playing dress-up since there's a board game dedicated to dressing up characters in Wii Party U.

It also looks like a solid package, so this looks like a Mario Party I won't mind owning.

Thank you for reading.

Hopefully this one is actually good. The Top 100 was such a disappointment and it made me give up hope that there would ever be another good Mario Party game again.

This game looks promising, and I did like Toad Scramble in Star Rush, so maybe I'll like this game. I'm really happy that they added Pom Pom as a playable character. I also hope that Birdo doesn't get left out again.

There are some things I would love to see in the Mario Party series, assuming the reboot changes things for the Mario Party:
- Provide continual updates throughout the game's cycle, so that there is more content while this game is out. Basically have one Mario Party for Switch until it's time for a new iteration, similar to how Mario Kart timed their releases.
- Some form of online feature. It doesn't need to be elaborate like playing entire board games online, but it could have like a minigame coliseum where you can battle other people online.
- The best parts of each previous Mario Party game, like the Day/Night system in 6, costume in 2 and a board that can be moulded in a modular way like in 10's amiibo Party.

Has anybody seen the victory screens? Did it take after Mario Party 1 to 8 and DS where a cutscene plays out when it's over, or is it like 9 onwards where there's a screen and all the characters are celebrating on a screen, away from the playfield?

Thank you for reading.

My reaction was excitement that they're bringing back the old formula mixed with an underlying fear that they're still gonna screw it up. I dislike that they aren't calling it Mario Party 11 since this was one of the only series that still had a pure number format. At least Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Mega Man still basically have it. But is this not really the old formula? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

They've been trying to bring back the old formula since Mario Party 10 and they always found a way to screw with it. Balloon Bash was that "old formula" and it ended up twice as a bad mode that's way too generous with coins and low pricing of everything. I like the Toad Scramble formula though; it's more tolerable with amiibo support. This one doesn't seem to require amiibo this time, so I'm looking forward to it.

It's very amazing that Mario looks like he's painted in water colour in the box art, which is a very cool evolution of Mario's official art. I love how Mario's official art evolved from the old days of Donkey Kong where it's basically flat colours and simpler lines, until a 3D model that could pass as something that looks hand-drawn.

Anyway, I wonder where Wario is on the box art, because I didn't see him. (unless they made a last minute addition and it will be barely noticeable, like how Luigi was basically shoehorned into Mario Party 9's box art)

Thank you for reading.

Uh...

Did anyone notice they detailed his ass?

What is it with Nintendo and private parts lately?

Plague Knight said:
My reaction was excitement that they're bringing back the old formula mixed with an underlying fear that they're still gonna screw it up. I dislike that they aren't calling it Mario Party 11 since this was one of the only series that still had a pure number format. At least Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Mega Man still basically have it. But is this not really the old formula? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
This isn't Mario Party 11, though. Top 100 was clearly the finale of the old Mario Party. Nintendo explicitly said that this is a reboot.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Plague Knight said:
This isn't Mario Party 11, though. Top 100 was clearly the finale of the old Mario Party. Nintendo explicitly said that this is a reboot.

Now i understand why they decided to end the old series with 100 minigames from the 10 home console games...

I hope with this one that the Toad Scramble-style thing isn't the only kind of board gameplay, because I really don't think it's as interesting as either classic or car gameplay. I also hope that there isn't too much stuff if any that you need multiple Switches for, I really hope that's just the trailer showing off what the game can do. We barely use handheld and never tabletop mode, so I hope not everything is exclusively for on the go stuff, and that it's integrated even if slightly differently into the docked mode.

Also what do you think's going on with Shy Guy, Daisy, Waluigi and Bowser Jr. in the top right hand corner of the box art? If the four in the raft on the other side's anything to go by, I'd guess it's some kind of minigame (I'm thinking like Boogie Beam), but I'm not sure, it definitely seems weird.

QIpnnbzWMt3L_nQwFubw-eO9VXJsO09z.png

I want you all to appreciate the artistry of this.

Goombas got talent.

Could levitate Baseball bats, and now this.

the logo looks like something from a fangame I hope they change it

As if being from a fangame is bad?

But anyway, they do need to change it actually. At least color those letters a little. Would make it more radiant.

They are showing this on the treehouse stream case anyone is interested.

Yeah they went back to the old formula, individual turns, mini game after everyone moves, earn coins to buy stars.

Though there are differences.

Yeah this is a Mario Party ass Mario Party.

Back