Super Mario Party

She hasn't been invited to Advance, DS, Island Tour, and Star Rush, so yeah (but she was in Island Tour strangely enough)

winstein said:
I do not know if anybody have mentioned this before, but I found it neat that Birdo mentioned that this game is "the 11th party", which means that this game is essentially Mario Party 11:

DpPgs7kV4AAcm3Z.jpg

Thank you for reading.
(change visibility) 16:04, June 22, 2018 Yoshi876 (talk | contribs | block) deleted page Mario Party 11 (Not it's not, and if it does you will face consequences) (view/restore)
(change visibility) 15:31, June 22, 2018 Alex95 (talk | contribs | block) deleted page Mario Party 11 (Unofficial title) (view/restore)

Welp

There should be a redirect link or something at least, right?

Lucario said:
That's exactly what they were deleting: a redirect named "Mario Party 11". I think we should have the redirect; notice that Birdo said "11th party" as opposed to "16th party". The name is at least semi-official, and besides, Super Mario Party is technically "Mario Party 11" anyway. It would be consistent with our other numbered redirects for Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi.

Ghostly Yoshi said:
Lucario said:
That's exactly what they were deleting: a redirect named "Mario Party 11". I think we should have the redirect; notice that Birdo said "11th party" as opposed to "16th party". The name is at least semi-official, and besides, Super Mario Party is technically "Mario Party 11" anyway. It would be consistent with our other numbered redirects for Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi.

I noticed that in the "References to other games" section, it has already been mentioned. Moreover, it seems the edit was made before I made the observation so I guess someone else noticed it too but didn't post here (the history points to infinite8 as the one who added this line).

Thank you for reading.

i'm not

i just don't use her because i neither care about pom pom nor boom boom

Russian Baby Luigi said:
She hasn't been invited to Advance, DS, Island Tour, and Star Rush, so yeah (but she was in Island Tour strangely enough)
At last, we finally have confirmation of the Mario Party split timeline.

Ghostly Yoshi said:
WeirdDave13 said:
Why Pom Pom and not Boom Boom? Makes zero sense.
Exactly. Literally everyone on the Internet is complaining about it.
Boom Boom didn't appear in the game at all (except for the artwork cameo in Absent Minded).
And Nabbit just appeared in MP10, and mysteriously disappeared after that.

I could tell that Bowser's high rank minions are only invited on certain major Mario spin-off game series. The Koopalings in Mario Kart, Boom Boom in Mario Tennis, and Pom Pom in Mario Party.

In the Megafruit Paradise, what would happen if the ice cream melts at the bottom-left island? I know if you got the Event Space (or Happening Space for the old-school Mario Party fans) twice on the top-right island you get a Star, which I managed to get once.

With the power of capturing in-game footage, I want to eventually do a little something I wanted to do for a while. It involves being idle in minigames.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
In the Megafruit Paradise, what would happen if the ice cream melts at the bottom-left island?

Thank you for reading.
If it reached a high temperature, it will give a spinner (similar to the Hidden Block), when it lands a non-white sector, the ice cream will not melt. When it lands on a white sector, it'll melt, meaning that you cannot shop there anymore.

Princess Mario said:
Characters seem to do a short dialogue quip when you collect them in this game

EXCEPT FOR *bleep*ING MARIO

AND TOAD DOES IT FOR HIM

When I read this comment, I thought that Luigi would have some dialogue quips too, but as I have recently learned...
DpYwvLZUcAEBaYv.jpg

Yes, Toad does it for him too.

Thank you for reading.

Nintendo doesn't want Mario and Luigi to have full dialogue, but they do to the Mario enemies. Even we can understand DK, Diddy, Yoshi and Dry Bones.

But Luigi always talks normally!

Just... why?

Lucario said:
But Luigi always talks normally!

Just... why?
This is the thing that gets me. Say what you will about Mario not speaking, Nintendo is usually consistent there. But they can't seem to make up their minds with Luigi.

Luigi talking and not talking drives me batshit mad and insane.

winstein said:
When I read this comment, I thought that Luigi would have some dialogue quips too, but as I have recently learned...
DpYwvLZUcAEBaYv.jpg

Yes, Toad does it for him too.

Thank you for reading.
What the fuck is this. This is such a retarded way of depicting characters, like, why the fuck can't he just say "Do you think I could come?". But nooo, Toad treats Luigi like a lame, brain-damaged animal who has communication problems.

"I think he's saying..." sure, that's what you think but I think he's just saying fuck you Toad for taking away my dialogue. And he's plotting to kill you.

Is Advice and Stickers all that is offered in the Party Pad shop at least so far in the base game?

I've gotten all 5 of the gems plus all the characters but nothing else is unlocked there in the shop. Is the question marks just more stuff hinting at future content that's being saved for later or something? Or am I missing something?

Spooky Octo-nite8 said:
Nintendo doesn't want Mario and Luigi to have full dialogue, but they do to the Mario enemies. Even we can understand DK, Diddy, Yoshi and Dry Bones.

It does boggle my mind how a majority of generic enemies can speak properly, and yet for Yoshi and the Kongs, their speech always ends up having to be translated.

MnSG said:
Spooky Octo-nite8 said:

It does boggle my mind how a majority of generic enemies can speak properly, and yet for Yoshi and the Kongs, their speech always ends up having to be translated.
Maybe because the Kongs and Yoshi are too "animalistic" whereas the mooks, who generally treat their role in Bowser's army as a job, aren't? I dunno, this seems like the kinda thing where you need to MST3K the logic.
As for Dry Bones, I was gonna say it's probably because he's dead, but then I remembered that Dry Bowser, whenever he has dialogue, speaks fine.

ThatGuy62 said:
Maybe because the Kongs and Yoshi are too "animalistic" whereas the mooks, who generally treat their role in Bowser's army as a job, aren't? I dunno, this seems like the kinda thing where you need to MST3K the logic.
As for Dry Bones, I was gonna say it's probably because he's dead, but then I remembered that Dry Bowser, whenever he has dialogue, speaks fine.

Another thing that should be noted is that in Mario Super Sluggers, King K. Rool and the four Kritters could all speak properly. Why the Kongs need to have their speech translated just feels very weird.

At least they have speech. You don't have some foo' interpreting the idiot pantomiming.

Princess Mario said:
Luigi talking and not talking drives me batshit mad and insane.

What the fuck is this. This is such a retarded way of depicting characters, like, why the fuck can't he just say "Do you think I could come?". But nooo, Toad treats Luigi like a lame, brain-damaged animal who has communication problems.

"I think he's saying..." sure, that's what you think but I think he's just saying fuck you Toad for taking away my dialogue. And he's plotting to kill you.

They do this in the Mario & Sonic games as well, and it's so weird. I think it's dumb with Mario himself too, though, seeing as it wasn't out of place at all for him to talk in Fortune Street, and he's managed full, voice-acted sentences in Super Mario Sunshine.

I think this adamance for characters not talking properly when we've heard them talk is strange. It works for Link because we don't know what his dialect is like, but Mario and Luigi have a pretty distinct way of talking, so there's really no point to keeping them silent in text like this.

Princess Mario said:
Luigi talking and not talking drives me bat*bleep* mad and insane.

What the *bleep* is this. This is such a retarded way of depicting characters, like, why the *bleep* can't he just say "Do you think I could come?". But nooo, Toad treats Luigi like a lame, brain-damaged animal who has communication problems.

"I think he's saying..." sure, that's what you think but I think he's just saying *bleep* you Toad for taking away my dialogue. And he's plotting to kill you.

I figured that you might not know it because if you knew (you previously mentioned Mario), you would have already complained here by now. I guess someone needs to point this out too.

I have a feeling that Nintendo decided that Luigi is as valuable as Mario, so now he had to have the same restrictions as Mario when it comes to talking, except probably the Luigi Mansion games where he could be expressive, given that the first game was after all, how Luigi's personality was defined.

I wonder if the next Paper Mario would put Luigi into the same position as what this game did (That is one of the few series where Luigi had dialogue while Mario doesn't), in which Luigi will be silent like Mario, even if most of the elements that vocal people loved about Paper Mario returned (abundance of original characters, turn-based battles with unlimited resource, etc.).

Thank you for reading.

Back