Ideas for Mario Party 11?

I heard a rumor that Mario Party 11 will be relased on 2019. What ideas do you have for this game?
Edit: Super Mario Party was announced for the Switch!

They are always working on Mario Party.

Going by past history I'm expecting a lot of joycon games

The obvious answer is go back to 1-8 style. Other than that, not much other than actually making it good.

Make a game that people will be over hyped for, then when it releases make sure everyone is disappointed.

I call it...
The Mario Party Cycle

I'm thinking of a bigger character roster, similar to the character rosters from the Mario Kart games. I also think think they should combine the MP 1-8 and the MP 9-10 play style in the same game.

YoshiEgg1990 said:
I heard a rumor that Nd Cube is working on Mario Party 11. What ideas do you have for this game?
You don't need a rumor to verify this. It's an educated guess: Mario Party is one of Mario's biggest sellers (Mario Party minigame compilations are the most-viewed Mario-related videos on Youtube) as well as ND Cube being a regular developer of Mario Party, with developer members being Mario Party developers themselves.

If they insist on making the car come back or not bringing back the 1-8+DS formula, or if they're going half-ass that formula with amiibo mode or Balloon Bash, then they should make that Toad Scramble mode from Mario Party: Star Rush better. For starters, you should choose which character you want to lead and can't have that character be taken away from you. Essentially, an amiibo-function without requiring the amiibo.

And can they finally make a game that's not stark-ridden of content? Every Mario Party since 9 seems to suffer from this.

Maybe they'll actually make a good game.

The next Mario Party game definitely needs a story mode, we haven't had one since Mario Party 9.

Princess Mario said:
YoshiEgg1990 said:
I heard a rumor that Nd Cube is working on Mario Party 11. What ideas do you have for this game?
You don't need a rumor to verify this. It's an educated guess: Mario Party is one of Mario's biggest sellers (Mario Party minigame compilations are the most-viewed Mario-related videos on Youtube) as well as ND Cube being a regular developer of Mario Party, with developer members being Mario Party developers themselves.

If they insist on making the car come back or not bringing back the 1-8+DS formula, or if they're going half-ass that formula with amiibo mode or Balloon Bash, then they should make that Toad Scramble mode from Mario Party: Star Rush better. For starters, you should choose which character you want to lead and can't have that character be taken away from you. Essentially, an amiibo-function without requiring the amiibo.

And can they finally make a game that's not stark-ridden of content? Every Mario Party since 9 seems to suffer from this.

I'm sorry, i was confused when i wrote this. I meant to say that i heard a rumor that Mario Party 11 will be relased in 2019.

Well, 2018-2019 is a big time window for a new Mario Party game. The Switch is lucrative, the 3DS is amazingly still alive. ND Cube isn't seemingly working on any other project that we know about. I don't think it's much of a rumor to say "there might be a new Mario Party game next year".

I want creative visuals and fun minigames, as well as the classic formula. MP10 overall was pretty bland, at least when 9 introduced the car there was a variety in settings and the presentation was colorful and the minigames were fun. I think they should have the classic formula with the car as a bonus mode for those who want to use that. Also more variety in minigame modes like Choice Challenge or some of the others we've seen. Also bring back the outfits from Mario Party 2. These are all unrealistic expectations but I just want it to be fun if nothing else.

~Mario Party 3/DS-esque story mode.
~The return of the original gameplay style present in Mario Parties 1-8+DS while maybe keeping the car mechanic as a secondary mode.
~ONLINE MODE, PLEASE. (Matches with human players are pretty hard to come by nowadays when most of your offline friends don't live close to where you live.)
~Custom board creator?
~The return of the mini-game island from Mario Party 1.

Kim Namjoon said:
Mario Party Maker for Mario Party 11.
NanoPhoenix said:
~Custom board creator?

I'd actually really like this, the ability to make your own boards would be awesome! If they decide to bring back the car, then maybe we can make boards that are actually good with it :P

Now that it's unlikely that Nd Cube is making Wii Party games, I hope they can dedicate their creative energies into making variations of the Wii Party games, because several of those games are really creative and looks fun to play! I think Mario Party had to contend with the car for 9 and 10 to differentiate from Wii Party, which was also a big seller, so now they don't have to abide by it.

Here are some that would be good alternative modes:
- A long board with several dices to pick up the pace
- A bingo board where minigames determine the order
- A collaborative minigame mode where everybody have to get a determined amount of points/time to pass
- A poker-style game where you have to get certain hands (Two Pair/Three-of-a-kind/Full House/etc.) to score points
- A costume board where the best costume scores the best

I think the grid-based board is a good direction for boards, so it's not a bad thing to keep doing this. it's even very open for customisation so we can have multiple variations of a certain theme and/or the ability to craft custom boards.

Thank you for reading.

Instead of 50 crappy mini games, make just a small handful of really good ones.

And make a singleplayer mode thats actually fun to play.

winstein said:
Now that it's unlikely that Nd Cube is making Wii Party games, I hope they can dedicate their creative energies into making variations of the Wii Party games, because several of those games are really creative and looks fun to play! I think Mario Party had to contend with the car for 9 and 10 to differentiate from Wii Party, which was also a big seller, so now they don't have to abide by it.

Here are some that would be good alternative modes:
- A long board with several dices to pick up the pace
- A bingo board where minigames determine the order
- A collaborative minigame mode where everybody have to get a determined amount of points/time to pass
- A poker-style game where you have to get certain hands (Two Pair/Three-of-a-kind/Full House/etc.) to score points
- A costume board where the best costume scores the best

I think the grid-based board is a good direction for boards, so it's not a bad thing to keep doing this. it's even very open for customisation so we can have multiple variations of a certain theme and/or the ability to craft custom boards.

Thank you for reading.

This can be an amazing idea. I really love Wii Party, i wish they will do a Mario Party game that has things from Wii Party and Wii Party U.

I can't believe that people actually want a Story Mode like the one from Mario Party 3, 4, DS, and 9. I really did not like those games' story modes because they're the exact same as Party Mode, only you need to win in order to advance to the next board. It's not fun and it's very time consuming, especially if you lose because you'll have to play the board again. In some of those games, if you wanted to get all of the unlockables, you had to beat Story Mode with EVERY character. In Mario Party 4, you had to beat story mode with every character if you wanted all of the presents. And in Mario Party DS, you had to beat Story Mode with every character if you wanted all of the character badges and trophies.

Anyways, I really hope that there isn't a story mode like those games. I liked the single player modes from the more recent Mario Parties much more, like Island Tour's Bowser Tower, Star Rush's Challenge Tower, and Top 100's Minigame Island. If there's a single player mode, I hope it only involves playing minigames and not the boards.

I'd want them to use characters beyond the regulars again. Not necessarily as playable, but what happened to unique hosts and NPCs in the series? I go on a lot about this in the Mario RPGs, but Mario Party is suffering from it too these days. 8 is the last one that bothered having a unique host. Heck, Big Top is pretty much a Bonneter. If we're going to have Odyssey content in Mario Party 11 (which is likely), why not poke fun at that by bringing back Ballyhoo and Big Top too. Or bring back some of the other characters introduced in the series or even a new character that fits the theme (btw, are the new games even themed like the old ones? Like MP5 was dreams, MP6 was day/night, MP2 had themed boards complete with costumes for the characters, 8 was a carnival, 7 was a cruise with boards inspired by real landmarks, etc)

And of course the MP1-8 gameplay formula. I haven't played anything after 8 (which may make my above complaint seem hypocritical) but what I've seen and heard hasn't impressed me, other than minigames.

Eh, most of the hosts were shit.

I don't care either way in the long run mind you.

I want a Mario Party game where all the hosts fight each other because Bowser stole all the glitter glue from the candy store, and they blame each other. Mario proposes to beat up his friends so whoever emerges can fight Bowser and also convince the hosts how hard he and his crew had worked to try to stop the host fighting.

+story mode. i don't care if they half-ass it, a stupid story is party of the charm
+focus on star rush
+have a glut of content on the same level as Mario Party DS
+ONLINE. MULTIPLAYER. PLEASE.
+return the old hosts
+return unique-post minigame animations
+return the pre-play minigame screen
+playable baby mario and baby luigi

I want the next Mario Party game to have a challenge list, like Mario Party 10. But I don't want any of the challenges to be something that is 100% luck based, like that one from MP10 where all 4 players have to roll the same number in Bowser Party without using special dice blocks.

I want them to bring back the old playstyle along with remakes of classic boards in previous games.

Back