Ideas for Mario Party 11?

I want them to make something thats actually good.

Mcmadness said:
I want them to make something thats actually good.

mario party is actually good

Nah. They are all terrible games that reward chance over all else.

But they are fun for a laugh with friends.

Mcmadness said:
Nah. They are all terrible games that reward chance over all else.

that's not true

while chance does play a significant role, it's not the only thing that matters in a mario party

But it is the ultimate factor of wins or loses in the long run.

substitute Mario Party with Mario Kart and you get the same thing

Probably why I don't take Mario Kart seriously as a competitive game.

Though the luck crap in Kart is nowhere near as bad as the luck crap in Party

The luck factor at least in most of the games from 1-8 had at least the possibility of thinking up a strategy to win (Even if there is a possibility of stuff like a chance time deciding the entire game on the final turn) like any other board game. I think alot of the appeal of Mario Party is that it's a board game that's simpler and also more varied (Different maps and all) then Monopoly and without needing to clean up a mess of pieces once the game was over. With the bonus of having (mostly) fun minigames just about every turn.

Luck certainly comes up alot, but much of the early Mario Parties still allowed you to have a free-roam of decisions on where you go, trying to predict where the next star will go if you know someone's going to get it before you, how to prevent other players from getting stars, and winning Mini-games/earning coins to get you items that you personally decide to use whenever you want to try to turn the tide of the game in your favor.

Though to be fair, the experience with Mario Party definitely goes up depending how many local friends you have available. Cause most Mario Party games certainly don't provide too much for someone playing alone. From a single-player perspective I could see that being a knock against the whole series. Though it is called Mario Party for a reason.

the key to enjoying mario party is to not take anything it throws at you seriously.

if you hate mario party, that's when it wins the battle. it wants you to hate it.

the best way to fight against it is to laugh at it. enjoy being sadistic. then find out it starts hating you and ride it through.

I don't hate Mario Party. I think they are terrible games but I don't hate em.

But I standby what I said. No matter what choices you seem to get throughout the boards, luck is the ultimate decider on who wins and who loses.

Luck of the die, luck of what items are in shops when you go in, luck oriented mini games, luck of turn order, luck of where the star decides to pop up. All sorts of junk.

Maybe a whole new mechanic and new game modes. Or maybe you could pick the mechanic from Mario Part 1 to 8, the one for MP9 and 10 or the Toad Party Mechanism.

Back