Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???

Who Should Be The Next Super Mario Rep In Smash?

• Total voters
memoryman3 said:
Are you seriously comparing Daisy to a life threatening diesease Swiftie???!

Well for me it would go Daisy > Waluigi > Captain Toad >>>>>>>>>>>>>> trash >>>>> Paper Mario
Wow what did paper mario do to you

For me it’s Waluigi > Cappy > Pauline > Toad (preferably assist character though) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Daisy.

I liked Smash 4’s inclusion of Daisy because it made it plain obvious who she truly is: Peach with an orange dress and brown hair. Until Daisy proves herself as an independent character from Peach (and stops showing hatred toward Waluigi), she will stay near the bottom of my favorite characters list—down there with Jojora and Starlow.

memoryman3 said:
Pauline can’t even make it to Mario Tennis...what chance does she have for Smash?
Guess who wasn't in Mario Tennis Open but ended up in Smash.

Guess who wasn't in Super Sluggers and also was in Smash.

Dr Mario

Princess Mario said:
Guess who wasn't in Super Sluggers and also was in Smash.

Rosalina was only picked because of Sakurai liking the idea of a puppet fighter.

The goalposts are suddenly far away.

I think Pauline has almost no chance of being playable in Smash. She doesn't have much moveset potential as far as I can tell, and she still isn't even that major of a character in Odyssey compared to Rosalina's role in Galaxy. Furthermore, Rosalina was at least in some spin-offs before being in Smash, like MKW. Also Rosalina didn't get into Smash until 7 years after her debut. Barring the fact that Pauline already existed as a minor character in the arcade Donkey Kong and Mvs.DK, Pauline getting into this Smash game would be more equivalent to Rosalina getting into Brawl, which certainly would not have been a possibility even if Galaxy had been out for long enough when they were developing Brawl. Spin-offs aren't necessarily a big factor in it, but I still don't think Pauline has a chance.

Technically neither of them, as I don't think the game would benefit fromhaving them as playable, they simply wouldn't be particularly good characters to have as fighters.
But if I have to pick I'd say Waluigi for various reasons:
1) Daisy would feel like a "spiced up Peach" whereas Waluigi would feel quite different from Wario (as he might be his opposite: fast on the ground but slow in the air)
2) He could attack using sport equipment like tennis rackets, golf clubs etc.(which ha already been suggested for Daisy); also according to Dancing Stage: Mario Mix, he's a great dancer so he might use dance moves for his light attacks, kinda like the Wii Fit trainer but dance-themed

Personally neither of the characters would be good smash newcomers, but if we were forced to pick one between the two then it's a no-brainer that Waluigi would be the better option.

Suprised to see a Mario dedicated board against the idea. Well, I am happy that the Smash team is a lot more creative than you guys when it comes to character potential.

I'm not really sure, I'd much prefer to see Daisy in Smash, but I think Waluigi's more likely, so I haven't voted. To be honest though, I don't really think either of them have got much of a chance, I reckon Toad or Captain Toad is much more likely, and I'd actually prefer to see one of them in Smash, though I'm not necessarily sure whether we'd need another Mario character unless one gets dropped.

memoryman3 said:
Suprised to see a Mario dedicated board against the idea. Well, I am happy that the Smash team is a lot more creative than you guys when it comes to character potential.

...Uh, the point of this thread is to ask who you personally want to see in Smash between Waluigi and Daisy. Surprised to see a Mario dedicated board against Daisy's inclusion? These aren't the Daisy Boards. It'd be more surprising if these were the Daisy Boards. I voted for Daisy myself, but I'm not at all surprised to see it's only you and me that have. Waluigi is clearly popular in the fandom, but so is Daisy, and in their own ways. Saying we're against "the idea" is a vague, broad, and honestly incorrect statement.

And whether the Smash team is more creative or not will be apparent once one of these characters actually enter the fray.

Easter Yoshi said:
Lubba needs to become an assist character.

Only if I can still knock Assist Trophies off the stage.

memoryman3 said:
Well, I am happy that the Smash team is a lot more creative than you guys when it comes to character potential.
and that's why Daisy isn't likely going to be playable in Smash.

memoryman3 said:
I am happy that the Smash team is a lot more creative than you guys when it comes to character potential.

Ganondorf

To be fair, it's hard to be creative when you have to work overnight to meet a deadline in 13 months. Without breaks or holidays. AND Ganondorf was the last character for Melee. They had to cut corners here to satisfy fan demand.

I can make an entire game in 10 minutes, blindfolded, with my left arm tied behind my back. :yoshi:

Borp said:
I can make an entire game in 10 minutes, blindfolded, with my left arm tied behind my back. :yoshi:
I dare you. Make a game in 10 minutes, blindfolded, with one hand. It can be as good or bad as you want it to be, just make it functional and I’ll take it.

Princess Mario said:
memoryman3 said:
Well, I am happy that the Smash team is a lot more creative than you guys when it comes to character potential.
and that's why Daisy isn't likely going to be playable in Smash.

?

There is quite a bit you can do with Daisy.

Daisy, by far, ain't a creative fighter Sakurai's team can come up with.

Waluigi. Although I like Daisy more I think Waluigi has a better chance.

Princess Mario said:
Daisy, by far, ain't a creative fighter Sakurai's team can come up with.

Yes she is! Tomboy Flower Sports Princess! Waluigi has been treated less good than Daisy is in Japan by the way. And before you say Waluigi's assist trophy, may I remind you it was ported from Brawl and doesn't even have good animations? Meanwhile Daisy got four trophies and a special item trophy, plus loads of references to her in Smash 4 and even a Flower custom move for Peach!

Back