New Super Mario Bros. Wii mod that manages to implement Peach and Daisy.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
ASM hacking is indeed more complicated for 3D based games on a 2D plane when compared to 2D sprite based games. I am still waiting for that day when Peach will be able to float in an NSMB game like in SMB2 and 3D World without sacrifices. It will be something to prove Nintendo wrong.
Prove them wrong about what?

Solid Snake said:
ASM hacking is indeed more complicated for 3D based games on a 2D plane when compared to 2D sprite based games. I am still waiting for that day when Peach will be able to float in an NSMB game like in SMB2 and 3D World without sacrifices. It will be something to prove Nintendo wrong.
Prove them wrong about what?
About how it would be complex to program her floating capability into the game.

YoshiEgg1990 said:
This guy already said that changing voices is very limited and hard, but i hope it will be done someday.
Edit: I noticed this guy said that he will change the voices later.

I have done it successfully. If I could do it, so could he.

ASM hacking is indeed more complicated for 3D based games on a 2D plane when compared to 2D sprite based games.

You really have no goddamn clue what you're talking about do you.

not trying to disrespect the work of the guy above in the video but Peach looks like a whole mess with all those animations, limitations or not.

Swiftie_Luma said:
not trying to disrespect the work of the guy above in the video but Peach looks like a whole mess with all those animations, limitations or not.

Well he's working on it. It's not finished yet.

the thing is that , with an official game and Peach officially on it as playable (Super Mario Run) it's quite hard to make the mod he is making look appealing when Nintendo already did it completely in some capacity.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
the thing is that , with an official game and Peach officially on it as playable (Super Mario Run) it's quite hard to make the mod he is making look appealing when Nintendo already did it completely in some capacity.
Yeah it is very challenging. Nintendo should've done it themselves in NSMBWii or NSMBU. There's only hoping for Peach being playable in NSMB Switch or something. Nintendo should take a look at their fans and listen that people want to play as Peach in the next 2D Mario title, they should also look at this mod and what they've done in Super Mario Run. No more excuses. That way fans wouldn't have to work as hard to implement Peach as a mod in more games. Nintendo should be like Capcom and listen to their fans and take fan input just as how Capcom used to.

But Nintendo already did it in Super Mario Run which shows they no longer need to be proven wrong since they've already changed their mind. Who's to say that they won't put Peach and Daisy in the next 2D platformer with their special abilities when such a game has not even been announced yet? I think the fact that they had Peach with her floating in both 3D World and SMR (which were both after NSMBU) shows that the chance of them doing in the next game is very high.

Yeah it is very challenging. Nintendo should've done it themselves in NSMBWii or NSMBU. There's only hoping for Peach being playable in NSMB Switch or something. Nintendo should take a look at their fans and listen that people want to play as Peach in the next 2D Mario title, they should also look at this mod and what they've done in Super Mario Run. No more excuses. That way fans wouldn't have to work as hard to implement Peach as a mod in more games. Nintendo should be like Capcom and listen to their fans and take fan input just as how Capcom used to.

Nintendo does listen to their fans and implement in things that actually matter.

Switch ports of games they haven't played
Patches that nerf Bowser Jr. in Mario Tennis Aces
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe having a proper battle mode
Getting rid of region locking in the Switch
Super Mario Odyssey going back to playing like Super Mario 64
Developing a Smash Bros. game that has everyone returning

So it's a bit ludicrous to think they don't listen to their fans at all because they ignored something relatively inconsequential compared to suggestions in the above.

Also, i will say that ''Peach needs to be playable in a platformer andjkfanjfndjanfjajfanf dur dur dur'' it's a pretty unpopular opinion.

It can happen, it has happened and it's cool , but clearly most people are not crazy for that nor begging Nintendo for it.

And if it is like this with Peach ... well you can imagine that literally nobody (speaking in a global way) isn't asking for Daisy either.

Just because some people are obnoxius and vocal does not mean that ''fans'' actually want it.

I also think it's way too unfair to discredit Nintendo, specially in recent times with the Switch.

Russian Baby Luigi said:

Nintendo does listen to their fans and implement in things that actually matter.

Switch ports of games they haven't played
Patches that nerf Bowser Jr. in Mario Tennis Aces
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe having a proper battle mode
Getting rid of region locking in the Switch
Super Mario Odyssey going back to playing like Super Mario 64
Developing a Smash Bros. game that has everyone returning

So it's a bit ludicrous to think they don't listen to their fans at all because they ignored something relatively inconsequential compared to suggestions in the above.

There are things that fans have been wanting that Nintendo hasn't done and yet they know.

Nintendo knows that people want remasters like Super Mario Sunshine HD and Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 HD, yet they don't make it. They also know that people have been wanting Super Mario Galaxy 3 and Super Mario Sunshine 2, yet they didn't listen but they gave us Odyssey. Nintendo knew that people didn't really want 3D World on the Wii U, they wanted Super Mario Galaxy 3 and/or Sunshine 2 but they didn't give the fans the 3D Mario game they wanted on the Wii U, instead waiting until a better system like the Switch came out. Granted 3D World received a lot of flack due to not being what people wanted but at least it is an alright game its own right, just nowhere as epic as the Galaxy games. Sure we have Odyssey which not only brings back the non-linear gameplay of Mario 64 and Sunshine but reinvents it in a whole new way which makes it groundbreaking.

Because catering to literally every desire from an amorphous, indiscernible entity of fans is utterly insane and completely unrealistic.

You can't please everybody.

https://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/26/heres-why-theres-no-peach-in-new-super-mario-bros-u/
Sorry, fans. There will be no playable peach in the NSMB series.

And back on topic, i wonder why the most recent update video doesn't feature Daisy.

First that's an old article from 2012. It's been 6 years since that was posted.

So basically, they wanted characters to be model imports of each other with unique skeletal structures.

Fair enough. Okay explain this

Why the two lazy recolor Toads instead of Toad, Toadette, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, etc.???

YoshiEgg1990 said:

https://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/26/heres-why-theres-no-peach-in-new-super-mario-bros-u/
Sorry, fans. There will be no playable peach in the NSMB series.

And back on topic, i wonder why the most recent update video doesn't feature Daisy.

Oh, please, they've implemented her in Super Mario Run and that's pretty much a small scale stripped down NSMB game for mobile iOS/Android devices. There's hope for her and people like me and We Are Peach are working together to have her be playable in more games including the next 2D Mario title which may be NSMB Switch or something. In fact, both me and We Are Peach have made petitions to make her be playable in more games. We Are Daisy along with Memoryman3 is how Daisy got into Smash Bros. Ultimate and whatnot. I mean it was a goddamn miracle that Super Mario Run managed to implement her. It was a shock after I thought it would be damn near impossible. But then I realized that that's complete nonsense since Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl had her playable in a 2.5D environment with her floating capability.

We Are Daisy along with Memoryman3 is how Daisy got into Smash Bros. Ultimate and whatnot.

Im so sorry but this is super delusional, we all know this is not true.

Daisy got in out of her being basically Peach in every game she is in aside from being almost physically identical, if it was up to these ''fans'' she wouldn't have been a clone and thus probably unplayable as result.

In fact, both me and We Are Peach have made petitions to make her be playable in more games.

Could you please stop making petitions altogether.

Have you not learned from your """"success""" story of your other petitions?

Russian Baby Luigi said:
In fact, both me and We Are Peach have made petitions to make her be playable in more games.

Could you please stop making petitions altogether.

Have you not learned from your """"success""" story of your other petitions?
I can't stop. Nintendo is not going to know that fans want something.

Two of my other petitions are doing fine such as my Mario X Peach (and Luigi X Daisy) wedding petition and my Super Mario 3D World to Switch petition (which recieved 424 sigs as of now). I modified the Mario X Peach wedding petition to reflect the next new main Mario title after the horrible ending to Odyssey and it has managed to get 409 sigs now. Those petitions help raise awareness that people want certain things like me and other Mario X Peach fans (along with Luigi X Daisy fans for Luigi and Daisy as well) wanting Mario and Peach getting married.

Thats not doing well. That's not doing anything. Those are pathetic numbers.

I can't stop. Nintendo is not going to know that fans want something.

Yes you could. And Nintendo is probably well aware of what the fans "want", without the "help" of your pointless petitions.

Stop bugging them about this.

Petitions should only be made for important matters, imo. Stuff like "get Mario and Peach married" and "make Peach playable in more gamezzz" and "port 3D World to Switch" aren't important at all, as much as you may want them to happen. Important stuff would be stuff that helps Nintendo, not stuff that fans want. Stuff like "set more reasonable price points" and "get rid of region locking" are things I'd consider important.

Even with important matters, petitions are useless for the most part, hell, even popular petitions are nowhere near close to being successful. I've seen a petition that wanted Paper Mario: Color Splash get cancelled have a load of signatures and guess what? Of course Nintendo doesn't listen. They don't need to listen. It's just a request for something, no different than sending fan mail or death threats to them. Petitions are slightly more organized but they're just as around as effective as just complaining here on Marioboards.

Back