New Super Mario Bros. Wii mod that manages to implement Peach and Daisy.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User

So I saw this video of a mod for NSMBWii that's a work in progress. It has Peach and Daisy as playable characters. The guy still has to animate the dress and is working on making the small forms. It's really cool that this is proving Nintendo wrong. It's a goddamn miracle.

All I have to say to StupidMarioBrosFan is good luck with animating it.

Also, will get get a voice mod?

Looks good!

I'll never get why they used Blue Toad and Yellow Toad instead of Wario and Waluigi btw.

Baby Luigi said:
All I have to say to StupidMarioBrosFan is good luck with animating it.

Also, will get get a voice mod?
He's working on it soon.

Mr. Saltman said:
I'll never get why they used Blue Toad and Yellow Toad instead of Wario and Waluigi btw.

Oh I know why

Cheap, low-effort, asset recycling.

it's insulting that modders work for free for shit Nintendo doesn't bother doing

im not feeling the Daisy in a ponytail thing , a bun would have made more sense since Daisy's hair is shorter.

Wasnt that the whole point into trying to declone her from Peach? lol

Anyways, animations suck that's beyond obvious , but maybe this person can do what the original creators didnt bother doing.

If i had the time i will totally try doing a Rosalina version , as i have managed to mod Rosalina in MKDS by doing her animations from Scratch.

rWGg2Pw.gif

So if i ever had the opportunity i would totally try to give it a shot.

Can't they just animate the dress just by rigging the dress to the leg? It's probably not a perfect solution, but it's better than leaving the dress unrigged. I mean, this is how Mario's dress worked in Odyssey, some of the dress is rigged to his leg, so when his leg moves, the dress moves as well. There is minimal, if any dress physics involved.

The modder said he thought about it but since it would be the easy way out he doesnt wanna do it , he wants to animate the dress.

He should just trot out a rigged version and an animated version, just so if the more ambitious attempt doesn't work out, interesting people will still have that to fall back.

Well, if anyone knows how to ASM hack to give Peach a floating ability, that'll be great. Because I loved Peach's floating capability. That was the fun part of why I love playing as her.

LeftyGreenMario said:
it's insulting that modders work for free for shit Nintendo doesn't bother doing
I know, right. I hope they implement Peach in New Super Mario Bros. Switch.

Easter Yoshi said:
Thank you for telling me that I’m not the only one who wants an NSMB Switch.
I want a creative 2D Mario platformer with originality such as new world themes, new music, many new powerups, possibly even a non-Mushroom Kingdom setting, and stuff like that. As long as it's like that, I don't care if they call it NSMB Switch or something else entirely.

Easter Yoshi said:
Roll and Maria Renard said:
I hope they implement Peach in New Super Mario Bros. Switch.
It's not like I don't want it. I wouldn't mind it at all. I predict that there will be one anyway. If it does happen I want a massive shake up or the next 2D Mario can have that shake up.

Plague Knight said:
Easter Yoshi said:
I want a creative 2D Mario platformer with originality such as new world themes, new music, many new powerups, possibly even a non-Mushroom Kingdom setting, and stuff like that. As long as it's like that, I don't care if they call it NSMB Switch or something else entirely.
Well I did have some cool ideas for the new 2D Mario platformer.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPUsjnyoPGM
[/youtube]

He has managed to animate the dress.

Sadly, he cannot get the hair to animate well.

He has managed to brush up on Peach and Daisy's dress animation. The Small forms are there now for both Peach and Daisy, they are based on SMB2 All Stars and SMA, SM3DW, and Super Mario Run.

I hope he somehow manages to get the hair to animate because he had troubles doing it.

But I hope one day, if someone could easily ASM hack to give Peach her floating capabilty from SMB2, SM3DW, and Super Mario Run (with the addition of slowly decending in mid-air) and Daisy's double jump from Super Mario Run, that would be awesome. I loved Peach's floating capability and that was the best part of why I loved to play as Peach. It would be a sin to not include it. He is also going to replace the voices soon.

I also feel that BLOF and LGM could also help StupidMarioBrosFan1 out with the hair animation since he was having problems. They know a lot about hacking, modelling, animating, and whatnot.

This reminds me of that classic New Super Bowser Wii mod. As cool as Propeller Bowser looks, he still has Mario’s voice clips, Mario is limping, and Peach says “MARIO!!!” instead of “BOWSER!!!”.

It would be cool to see Peach calling for Bowser, though.

Easter Yoshi said:
This reminds me of that classic New Super Bowser Wii mod. As cool as Propeller Bowser looks, he still has Mario’s voice clips, Mario is limping, and Peach says “MARIO!!!” instead of “BOWSER!!!”.

StupidMarioBrosFan1 did worked on the New Super Bowser Wii mod.

He also managed to replace Bowser Jr with Bowser in the final Bowser Jr battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci_dVaWEIfE

easily ASM hack

This is a contradiction. ASM hacking and "easy" do not go together at all.

I also feel that BLOF and LGM could also help StupidMarioBrosFan1 out with the hair animation since he was having problems. They know a lot about hacking, modelling, animating, and whatnot.

I'm quite busy with other projects so I simply can't help him right now.

Easter Yoshi said:

That's mostly because replacing sound effects requires the entire .brsar to be hex edited and injected iirc and you can't simply edit with BrawlBox because the program will refuse to save your changes, crashing when you attempt to do so. I did do a Baby Mario Bros. voice replacement but it also comes with a heavily patched .brsar for my music as well, since the .brsar is the soundbank containing every sound-related thing in the game, including loop points for .brstms.

I'm a bit late with this but here is even more progress with the animated dress.

Man, this is impressive. Now, I hope someone easily manages to get the hair animating perfectly. And I really am strong in my wish to have Peach float and have Daisy double jump. The voice replacements should come soon.

I'm late with this but he made another update on the dress progress.
It's getting there.
The rest of the things such as hand movements and whatnot have to be fixed. I am still waiting for someone with ASM hacking experience to implement Peach's floating capability and Daisy's double jump. I also am waiting for the voice clips to be replaced.
Nintendo, please take notes from this WIP mod and implement Peach in the next 2D Mario title. No more excuses.

I am still waiting for someone with ASM hacking experience to implement Peach's floating capability and Daisy's double jump.

That's not going to happen.

If they don't even do that for the base game with regular Toads and Luigi, what makes you think they'll do it here?

Miles Tails Prower said:
Though the guy should modify Toad's voice to Peach's voice.

This guy already said that changing voices is very limited and hard, but i hope it will be done someday.
Edit: I noticed this guy said that he will change the voices later.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I am still waiting for someone with ASM hacking experience to implement Peach's floating capability and Daisy's double jump.

That's not going to happen.

If they don't even do that for the base game with regular Toads and Luigi, what makes you think they'll do it here?
Peach's floating capability is the reason what makes Peach unique when compared to any other character. Same with Daisy and her double jump which is the same reason why I liked playing as Maria Renard in Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo/Rinne (that is Castlevania: Rondo of Blood) for the NEC TurboGrafx-CD/PC Engine Super CD-ROM2 System.

That's the sole reason why I loved playing as Peach in SMB2, 3D World and SMR. Same with Daisy's double jump. Peach's floating capability and Daisy's double jump (which is equal to Maria Renard's double jump in Rondo of Blood/Dracula X Chronicles) all make platforming a complete non-issue.

ASM hacking is indeed more complicated for 3D based games on a 2D plane when compared to 2D sprite based games. I am still waiting for that day when Peach will be able to float in an NSMB game like in SMB2 and 3D World without sacrifices. It will be something to prove Nintendo wrong.

Back