Member appreciation topic

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
This was a topic on an old site I was quite fond of, so I thought to bring it over here.
Is there any specific members you want to give a shout out to? Want them to know why you like them? This is the place for that, let's keep things nice and spread some positivity!

Nanorim I actually met this member before, if abit indirectly, they're a Sonic fan like me and have a pretty good attitude, thanks for being a good dude!

winstien One of the first members to greet me here and is overall pretty nice and makes topics on interesting things, plus I love how you end your posts, thanks for reading

Well, since you made the topic, I shall list down a few people:
Alex95: For making the current signature that you are currently seeing. It wasn't his idea, but I liked it enough to include it.
LeftyGreenMario and Nanorim: For having an unwavering passion for Mario, in a world where it's cooler to say that you like Luigi than to say that you like Mario.
Fawfulthegreat64: It's inspiring to see that there's a fan of a character not known to be everyone's favourites, and also for maintaining a Mario RPG forum (even though I never go there). Also for liking most of the fan art found in the fan art thread.

And since you mentioned me:
PinkCat (not sure what's your default username): It's great to see that there's another person who likes Puyo Puyo, and also for generally being quite positive yourself.

Thank you for reading.

I've thought about doing this sort of thing before, so here I go:
Alex95: For helping me learn the ropes and being friendly to me when I joined the wiki. Also for being a nice and reasonable guy all around.
LeftyGreenMario: For being a good friend to me, and helping me realize that I'm actually a goose.
A51 Trooper: For tirelessly posting in many ask threads including mine, for liking many posts, and for always having something to post in the Mario Fanart thread and similar threads. I hope you come back soon!
Koops: For being a pretty cool guy.
Yoshi the SSM: For being one of my first friends in the community and for playing some games online with me (one of the only users I've managed to do that with).
Fawfulthegreat64: I admire that you've gone from being overly pushy about your opinions to being very reasonable about them. Many people could learn from that!
Anton: For being patient with me as far as Shroom sections go.

At best, I have three people I can thank 100% without any doubt in my mind.

Palkia: He's been my closest friend in this community for a long time now, and even when he ascended to bureaucracy, he was still that crazy fella I love and remember. Had a few ups and downs with him, but he's always bounced back around.

Scarecrow: While we started off absolutely rocky, after Scribblewiki died we grew closer as everyone began rebuilding Userpedia together. He taught me how to be a better user, and managed to stop me before I went too far.

Anton: Much in the same way as Scarecrow, Anton has always been there to stop me going shit off the deep end. He's always cared for me, and is someone who I can always talk to with no fears about what might happen. He's also probably the only person who actually believed in me and about what I could achieve.

I guess I'll list the active members here.

Mcmadness: For being the bestest of my online friends. :)
Borp: Hi, Borp.
MCS: For being my friend too online.
JL: We have a mutual hatred of Donkey Kong :P
Luigi64DD: I love your friendliness and it's fun making jokes toward a Luigi fan.
Baby Luigi: You suck.
NanoRim: For being the Marioest Mario to Mario.
Yoshi876: Being a nice acquaintance around here. I don't talk to you much nowadays, but I still remember.
Time Turner: One of the long-time users I have time to know about. You're good.
Alex95: Emotional support, having a nice chat about sprites and all on Discord.
Glowsquid: Being an overall awesome member.
A51 Trooper: You like birds and all
UltraMario: Hey, we played Gmod together, remember?
Lord Bowser: Hey we played Left 4 Dead 2 together, remember?
Swiftie_Luma: You're nice to my sister.
Walkazo: Still miss ya. Hope you're having fun bird watching.

Special thanks to anyone who has taken the time to counsel me in that particular mindless junk thread: Edo, GBAToad, Anton, RandomYoshi,Superchao, LN1, GalacticPetey, Red Barchetta, Magikrazy, Random Blue, Shadowshy, Stargazing, Glitchy Bowser Jr., 2257, Larry Koopa, MrConcreteDonkey, Freakworld, The Pyro Guy, Andymii, fantanoice, Pikman, Gumball Machine, Puddin, The Golden Yoshi, Epic Nitwit, SiFi, EctoBiologist, Nabber, Nyrie. It's been a really hard to read it and it's been hard, but you pushed me to seek help, so I did and I think I'm in a better spot than compared to where I was years ago. So yeah, thanks. I don't want to spend too much time on that thread because it hurts me, so if I forget any names related to that, just let me know.

Ok, got a handful of people here.

The Pyro Guy: You have taught me how to make digital art and it is thanks to you that I’m skilled at it as I am now. Also you’re the first actual friend I made here.
Roserade: You’re a nice guy, and I like how friendly you are. You were also my source of motivation to update my fanfic which’s still running by the way thanks to your encouragement.
Luigi 64DD: You’re a pretty cool guy too, and your friendliness is a great thing about you too. And as far as interests go, we both are big fans of Luigi.
FawfulTheGreat64: We're brithday buddies! Do I need to say more?
MisterConcreteDonkey: Spmetimes when submitting my 'Shroom sections, I felt like I was being kinda annoying because of my tendency of being picky on my sections (I guess?), but you don’t however seem too bothered, which’s why you get this shoutout.
A51 Trooper: You are without a doubt the most active user to post in my ask thread besides me, and your posts are cool. I guess that’s because it’s always nice to see you posted in any thread thanks to your activity.
Toadgamer: That weird, yet oddly satisfying feeling when the guy in the same room as you posts on the same forum as you.

Kurapika Kurta said:
I'm glad to hear that your situation has changed for the better.
the therapy helped

I'm still healing right now and I'm still in the same house, but my attitude has changed, I learned not to take ranting as seriously (I still do, but I pressure myself not to absorb their words too much), and I learned to appreciate my emotions more. It's a slow process. Ideally, I'd be out though.

Fidelroyolonda Smackonmybuddyboosters III said:

Palkia: He's been my closest friend in this community for a long time now, and even when he ascended to bureaucracy, he was still that crazy fella I love and remember. Had a few ups and downs with him, but he's always bounced back around.

Scarecrow: While we started off absolutely rocky, after Scribblewiki died we grew closer as everyone began rebuilding Userpedia together. He taught me how to be a better user, and managed to stop me before I went too far.

Anton: Much in the same way as Scarecrow, Anton has always been there to stop me going shit off the deep end. He's always cared for me, and is someone who I can always talk to with no fears about what might happen. He's also probably the only person who actually believed in me and about what I could achieve.

How could you forget about me smh

Also on my end, shoutouts to stargazing, yoshi2, mf, not neptune anymore now, and also Ofc everyone else. Love you guys

Alex95: For welcoming me to the wiki and answering a lot of my questions.

LED42, Toadgamer, PowerKamek, and Mario Kart DS Fan: For being the most active members on the Forum Games board alongside me.

Porplemontage: For creating the wiki and forums.

Anton: For founding our current IRC chatroom, and for being my rival when it comes to 'Shroom sections.

Meta Knight: For being my outstanding 'Shroom director.

Rintarou Okabe said:
Fidelroyolonda Smackonmybuddyboosters III said:

How could you forget about me smh

Also on my end, shoutouts to stargazing, yoshi2, mf, not neptune anymore now, and also Ofc everyone else. Love you guys
You'd be one of the first people I'd put in my further mention if that helps at all, since you're pretty much the last guy who properly cares about me anymore <3

FawfulTheGreat64: Excellent MaRPG connoisseur and overall really cool dude, keep on fighting the good fight and someday we'll see Fawful in Mario Kart.

Xandalf: Despite as short-lived as UNF and the Nintendo Nebula forums were, you were a excellent member/moderator. Hope to see you return to the Boards someday soon.

LeftyGreenMario: Fellow diehard Mario fanatic and very friendly. :mario:

obviously

BabyLuigi: She is really nice and talented, aside from whatever i have to say about anybody else , i have a soft spot for her because she really is creative and funny as well as very passionate about her interests.

LeftyGreenMario: Just like her twin she is very passionate but she is also very caring and i feel that share some interests at times such as modding games.

Birdo: underrated queen.

Claire Dearing: very nice user and also interesting.

Mcmadness: i respect his enthusiasm for Bowser as well as his dedication as a fan.

J-Yoshi64: One of the few people i actually like for his interests as well as posting in general, seems like a very cool guy.

winstein: the most cordial person

Magikrazy: We share some opinions and he also seems really cool.

Luigi64DD: Best luigi supporter on the forum period.

Right, so...

Shokora: Always been a close friend, a great confidant. It was amazing to actually meet you a couple years back, and I look forward to seeing you again. Maybe I'll come down to Aussieland ;P

GBAToad: I have no idea what on earth possessed you to message me all of those years ago, but I'm glad you did as you became a really good friend. We definitely need to do better at keeping in touch :P

Anton: Always putting up with my Hollyoaks questions, and being decent to chat when we actually have.

Doof: We've had some amazing conversations. Sorry I fell off of Skype, I'll make sure to message you soon in the future.

Special thanks to Baby Luigi, LeftyGreenMario, Time Turner and Edofenrir. Observing your edits when I was a new user helped me develop as an editor. And Super Mario Bros. and Blocky for accepting me to become a member of Core 'Shroom Staff.

And of course all of those who contribute to the Spotlight. There was once a time when contributions were low, and I was losing faith in the project, but now we have loads of active contributors and I'm proud to head the project.

Pot of Greed said:
Right, so...

I guess if one staff member posted, I may as well (*cough* we're supposed to be neutral *cough*). Well, anyway.

Yoshi876, Shokora, Baby Luigi, LeftyGreenMario, Wildgoosespeeder, Time Turner: For helping me learn my way around the wiki when I first started, and have continued to help me since.

Viper26: For sending me that welcome message on my talk page I sometimes still refer to. You may not be around much anymore, but thanks all the same.

Luigi 64DD, A51 Trooper, Ultimate Mr. L, TheFlameChomp, Lord Bowser, and those mentioned in the first point: For being my best buds on this site and being pleasurable to work with.

The staff team: For accepting me and helping me out even when I mess up.

Literally everyone: For helping me out of a rut. Life isn't going the way I want or need it to, so to the users on the wiki and boards, you've given me a good place to be and are quite possibly the best group of people I've ever socialized with. Even when times have been hard, I can count on wiki maintenance to cheer me up, as strange as that sounds. Seriously, thanks everyone :)

McMadness for sticking up for me despite our differing opinions and past drama. You didn't have to do what you did, but I can't thank you enough for it. I feel bad about all the drama that's happened between us in the past and I've taken it too far at times, and I'm sorry about that.

Baby Luigi and LeftyGreenMario for forgiving me as well, and for your often subtle humor present in both of your posts which always makes me smile to read. Thanks for all your help in terms of game modding as well.

The mods for giving me a second chance, and really for enforcing a ban on me in the first place, because I was a piece of work. Being banned opened my eyes to how toxic I had been getting, and in the end it was for the better. So thanks for helping me improve.

Lakituthequick for being a fantastic 3D artist, making a model of the first version of my avatar and of Fawful in general, among many other stunning works, and offering assistance in HelpDesk on a few occasions. I still remember your Christmas 2013 wallpaper that I loved so much I had it as a background for a while. And hosting the Anniversary Scavenger, that was a blast and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

The Pyro Guy for also being a fantastic 3D artist with an amazing portfolio of works including one of my avatar and a lot of users' avatars.

UltraMario and Shokora (formerly YoshiKong) for being among the first users to converse with me in PMs when I first joined. Y'all were a big part of my first impressions of this community and helped me decide to stick around.

This entire community is legit though. There's a reason I've never felt like retiring on my own accord and that's because of all of you, even everyone who I didn't list. Thanks for being awesome :luigi:

Last edited:
God how will I do this without accidentally leaving anyone out...?

Time Turner: A chum who's been active on the wiki starting around the same time I have. I still consider you a pretty close acquaintance.
Fawfulfury65: I know she's not active any more but I still remember all of those projects we collaborated with and being one of my first wiki friends.
Glowsquid: Always finding ways to make me laugh with his blunt, dry humor.
LeftyGreenMario: For being a gigantic thorn on my side and someone I have to put up with. Go Magadan yourself to Russia you Beringovo Morye.
MCS: Being one of my closest wiki friends and the person who introduced me to Steam and Garry's Mod.
Mcmadness: I know we bristled with each other so much but now we're very close friends and I really enjoy talking to you, I still really do today.
Staff team for whatever, including Poll Committee, Awards Committee, The 'Shroom: For accepting my work and being flexible and considerate when I couldn't do everything on time.
Walkazo: I still really miss you so much.
Doc von Schmeltwick: I enjoy your edits and your help for me with some wiki projects.
Toadette the Achiever: For your outstanding help and the only person who bothered helping me with my FA archive project.
Swiftie Luma: Helping me out with a lot of things, also a very talented modder who has a lot of dedication to her favorite character.

Anyone else who I had interacted with before that I either didn't outright name or I forgot, I greatly appreciate any and all feedback from you as well as any conversations I might have had with you.

Also, as my twin said, I greatly appreciate everyone who had the time and dedication to counsel me and my twin in that mindless junk topic so much. It had helped me changed my worldview on things a whole bunch.

Pot of Greed said:
Maybe I'll come down to Aussieland ;P
Please do! :) There's cheap Melbourne train fares waiting for you, coffee at extortionary prices, and places which try to do good English breakfasts.

I feel like bringing this topic back to give a shoutout to Mister M, Bowstete Luigi, Nossie, Jonna Dark, Marie, Vivain, Alex 95, Lefty Green Mario, Toadette and that dude with the really long name with a Love Live avatar for being super friendly to me and being all around great folks
Specific shoutout to @ArchagentEverlasting for going through a hard time but is still standing, we're here for you

Last edited:
ToadGamer for helping kickstart the Car Wash

ToadetteFan14, George Jones, Yoshi the SSM, and Neptune for being regulars at the Car Wash

CrazyMrLFangirl for also posting in the Car Wash and generally being my best friend.

Anyone else I didn't mention for also being my friend.

LeftyGreenMario and BabyLuigiOnFire are my best friends on this site. I used to post frequently in their ask thread because I enjoy talking to them, and they're the first two users that I added to my buddy list (before the forum change). It's too bad that we don't like the same characters (they don't like the female characters, and I am indifferent towards Mario and only like Baby Luigi a little bit), but at least we share the same enemies: Wario, Waluigi, and Daisy.

Nossie is one of the nicest people that I know on this site. He has liked many of my posts, and I really do appreciate it.

Mcmadness, LeftyGreenMario, YoshiFlutterJump and Baby Luigi Rescuing Mario: being cool and interesting to talk to even if our opinions differ sometimes.

Nossie: Being nice

Mister M: You seem a good dude and I like your review thread.

Alex95: You seem helpful and I like your top 150 games thread.

Bowsette Luigi: From our conversation on your profile page you seem really nice.

Anti-Hero King Boo: You seem cool as well.

Vivian: I obviously share a lot of your opinions so I can easily relate to you in many ways. I watch a lot of your stuff on YouTube and often see you around on public forums that have things to do with Mario. You sadly don't seem to upload much new stuff on YT these days but I still watch a lot of your older content. I really appreciate your personality and your passion for the franchise and I got so hyped when you followed me.

Back