Mario things that "don't look Mario"

Turkish Bottle Thing

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Post stuff that clashes horribly or is very out of place in something from the Mario franchise.

Example:

File:K-9_SMRPG.png

EDIT: forgot to put the image lol.

Last edited:
basically anything from super paper mario, smrpg and wario lands.

422px-Mario_Strikers_Charged_Football_Box_Art.jpg

which has/planned the following
huge-ass detailed sci-fi mechs
MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Toad_Mech_3.jpg
705px-MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Toad_Mech_5.jpg

800px-MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Unused_stadium_1.jpg

flying drones
800px-MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Early_camera_2.jpg

post-apocalyptic sci-vi visuals
800px-Opening_%28beginning%29_-_Mario_Strikers_Charged.png
800px-Opening_%28crowd%29_-_Mario_Strikers_Charged.png
Galatic_Stadium.PNG

MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Unused_stadium.jpg

gums
vo2SPZ3.jpg

spooky scary skeletons
Toad_Skeleton_StrikersCharged.png

over-the-top mega shots
latest

a4e81cc6128cd9ec724fafd46ac5c0ab.gif

the crotch-chop
waluigi-ye-ye-ye-o.gif

Petey strutting in this manner
bb3.gif

a soundtrack like this

Holograms

Diddy Kong's theme being weirdly Arabian

very coarse but intense art

ridiculous difficulty at the Strikers Cup and some of the challenges

annnd a prerelease screenshot where people legit thought Pikachu was playable in the game
tv-04.jpg

Beat that, everything else.

LeftyGreenMario said:
422px-Mario_Strikers_Charged_Football_Box_Art.jpg

which has/planned the following
huge-ass detailed sci-fi mechs
MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Toad_Mech_3.jpg
705px-MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Toad_Mech_5.jpg

800px-MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Unused_stadium_1.jpg

flying drones
800px-MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Early_camera_2.jpg

post-apocalyptic sci-vi visuals
800px-Opening_%28beginning%29_-_Mario_Strikers_Charged.png
800px-Opening_%28crowd%29_-_Mario_Strikers_Charged.png
Galatic_Stadium.PNG

MSC_-_Concept_art_-_Unused_stadium.jpg

gums
vo2SPZ3.jpg

spooky scary skeletons
Toad_Skeleton_StrikersCharged.png

over-the-top mega shots
latest

a4e81cc6128cd9ec724fafd46ac5c0ab.gif

the crotch-chop
waluigi-ye-ye-ye-o.gif

Petey strutting in this manner
bb3.gif

a soundtrack like this

Holograms

Diddy Kong's theme being weirdly Arabian

very coarse but intense art

ridiculous difficulty at the Strikers Cup and some of the challenges

annnd a prerelease screenshot where people legit thought Pikachu was playable in the game
tv-04.jpg

Beat that, everything else.
pardon, those images are Mario pictures?

Next Level's concept art for Strikers Charged doesn't look as weird now that Odyssey is out.

LeftyGreenMario said:
a soundtrack like this

Holograms
I think that particular piece of music sounds like a cross between Moonview Highway and the electric guitar in Break Free (Lead the Way). It doesn't seem that out of place really. And they used holograms in Mario Kart 8 and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic games (Not just in a Sonic context), so I think those seem pretty normal as well. The other stuff though, I'll agree with you on that, it does seem pretty out of place.

Anyway, what I think doesn't really look very Mario are these:
New_Donker_4.JPG

Mechawiggler_Artwork_SMO.jpg
A lot of New Donk City didn't seem very Mario, even more so than the realistic T-Rexes. They seem to fit in just fine, particularly the ones with hats.

I feel the dragon in Super Mario Odyssey looked less Mario, even though this game also has the citizens of New Donk City. Actually both looked out of place but the Dragon is more so because it looked realistic and is not played comically (except in a meta sense, I guess). Maybe the developers had seen how weird it looks when Mario is placed alongside realistic humans, so they thought "what if Bowser is placed alongside a real dragon?".

Thank you for reading.

Shovel Knight said:
marioposecover.jpg

Mario with a gun is totally unnatural.

I don't think so. Mario's handled certain guns before, such as in Mario Party where he's handled them in some minigames. In Mario + Rabbid's case, they aren't realistic guns but cannons that fires energy blasts instead of bullets. As you can see in the image you posted, Mario's cannon is painted like a Bullet Bill that it still looks natural on him.

Thank you for reading.

Looks like Megaman in a mustache honestly.

I just realized that his body proportions are kinda similar to Mario's.

Still, if I want to be serious here, the arm cannon just suits him.

Super Mario World theme
The football enemies from Super Mario World
The mole enemies from Super Mario World
Mario's sprite from Super Mario World
All other sprites from Super Mario World
Basically all of Super Mario World

Saltman said:
Post stuff that clashes horribly or is very out of place in something from the Mario franchise.

More like "Mario things that dont 'feel' Mario" but I'll post the fucking bullshit lore from Super Paper Mario because I fucking hate it OMG

Creation of the Pixls
So do you know how the Pixls came to be? A powerful magician among the Ancients created them about 3,000 years ago. He did it by transferring a spirit into a vessel he created for that purpose.

He's said to have created 12 Pixls like this before he passed away. But his apprentices kept researching Pixls after his game ended... They learned to create many more Pixls based on his original 12.

These Pixls became widely used as 'thinking tools' for the grateful Ancients. Through the work of many Pixls, the Ancients prospered as they never had before.

But that was a long time ago... There are no more Pixls now, I understand... Well, except for some of the original Pixls, who were scattered far and wide... They lie in wait for a new master to arrive. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one hiding here in this very town...

The Pixl Uprising
So have you heard about the Pixl uprising? It happened in the capital of the Ancients some 2,000 years ago.

The Ancients lived in prosperity thanks to the work of many Pixls... But one day that all ended. A huge Pixl calling herself the Pixl Queen suddenly appeared... At her command, Pixls everywhere rebelled against their Ancient masters.

It seems that most Pixls were well-contained spirits, but she was different. In her case, a demonic spirit was contained within a Pixl vessel. And this queen Pixl had the power to command all other Pixls.

The Ancients had become so dependent on the Pixls. They were devastated... They suddenly lost their ability to build and rule their empire effectively... ...And what happened then, you ask? Come back for the next installment!

More Pixl Uprising
So now let's continue my story about the Pixl uprising...

The Ancients were overthrown and enslaved by the Pixl revolt led by the Pixl Queen. In the midst of the ruin appeared the inheritors of the twelve original Pixls. They defeated the waves of Pixl soldiers and freed the enslaved Ancients.

They used Catch Cards to trap the mind-controlled Pixl soldiers, then healed them. They saw their friends fall one after the other in battle, but they persevered.

The last survivor managed to make it to the castle of the Pixl Queen. But the Pixl Queen used her powers of illusion to hide. She then unleashed horrific images upon the surviving freedom fighter.

One of the Pixls at his side was immune to this, for it could see truth. It helped the survivor fight, and he and his Pixl finally defeated the Pixl Queen. But in the process, the Pixl's game was ended...

Oh...Looks like the coins you paid will only get you this far through the story!

Pixl Uprising's End
Now for another exciting installment in the Pixl uprising...

The vanquisher of the Pixl Queen was confronted with an awful truth. It turned out that the Pixl Queen was actually the very first Pixl ever created...

The master magician had made her after studying the Dark Prognosticus. So when the last surviving apprentice took the Dark Prognosticus from the queen... He decided to disappear with the book so that this sort of catastrophe wouldn't repeat.

But even as peace returned, the Ancients could not lose their fear of the Pixls. So, the elders among the Ancients gathered to discuss what to do. They decided to limit the powers of all Pixls from that day forth... And the creation of new Pixls was outlawed.

But, as a result, the power and influence of the Ancients began an irreversible decline. Now the secret of Pixl creation is lost forever. Though rumors abound of awakened Ancients and newly created Pixls... Is that true? If you know anything about it, please tell me!

The Pixl Queen
So about the Pixl Queen from the Pixl uprising... Did you know there have been interesting theories published about her? In one book left behind by the master magician's apprentice, I found this:

'The spirit within the Pixl Queen was not a demon, but rather a human... The master magician had a beautiful wife, a son, and a daughter. But he lost his wife and son in an accident. Soon after, his daughter caught a terrible illness, and her short game ended.'

Perhaps he transferred her spirit to a Pixl vessel? ...Well, that's the theory. Is it possible the other Pixls were spirits from the game-overed?

...Anyway, the person who published this has already disavowed that theory. I mean, it does seem a little unlikely, right? But if it WERE true... I'd bet the daughter was so horrified by the deeds of her father... That she wanted no one to ever use Pixls again.

...But what do I know? I DO think nothing less would have broken the Ancients' Pixl dependency. Oh, and some say the son of the magician miraculously recovered from the accident. If so, the bloodline of the magician could endure... Did they find happiness? Or otherwise...

Glowsquid said:
More like "Mario things that dont 'feel' Mario" but I'll post the fucking bullshit lore from Super Paper Mario because I fucking hate it OMG

Every jrpg ever called. They want their lore back.

5._NBA_Street_V3_640x360.jpg

Crossovers6.jpg

tumblr_inline_oju27hzrdb1qkmm41_540.jpg

Shit guys... that reminds me...

We also have that anime where Peach's parents are Hammer Bros, and where Mario was born with full hair in a Peach after the former was kidnapped by Bowser and then he wanted to save her from him and threatened to SHOOT HIM DOWN if he didn't release the princess.

3wFhm4u.jpg

Mario_gun.png

Move-a over, this is a family heirloom

So... nobody's going with the obvious cop-out answer? Fine, I'll do it. Say hello to the Lord of Lightning!

Ruined_Dragon_Artwork_SMO.jpg

Back