Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

Mcmadness said:
I thought it was pretty meh myself.

Also in order to emphasize how too soon and unnecessary this remake is.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/TRSRYArlK4f2wpEB9icuziCm_A58y02l

The website for the original version still exists.
In fairness, some games websites remain up for quite a while.
I'm pretty sure you can find the Double Dash website if you look hard enough, for example.

The Japanese Nintendo website, on its M&L section with all the games, literally links to both the original GBA Superstar Saga website and the one for the remake.

ThatGuy62 said:
In fairness, some games websites remain up for quite a while.
I'm pretty sure you can find the Double Dash website if you look hard enough, for example.

Yeah but Double Dash isn't getting a remake is it? And I didn't have to look hard to find it either.

I Got No iPhone said:
The Japanese Nintendo website, on its M&L section with all the games, literally links to both the original GBA Superstar Saga website and the one for the remake.

Only further proof at how pointless this remake is.

You know, for a guy who constantly screams about how stagnant Mario can be your acceptance of these remakes is baffling.

I see these games as highlights from a time when they weren't so stagnant, and the most recent new game was underwhelming so I'm glad they're bringing back old favorites.

Also, I think Mario is breaking out of that stagnant era if Odyssey is anything to go by.

This is even worse since they aren't even making new games anymore. It's the most stagnant, devoid of creativity thing a company can do.

I'm confident a new game will come, as I've said before. What is the point of releasing a brand new game on the 3DS this late in its life?

I don't know, whats the point in remaking a game I can still play on the 3ds and can actually be found on used games sections of gamestop?

This series is creatively bankrupt and AD clearly needs a break.

I wonder if I'll be more accepting of this remake if it was offered at a low price, comparable to a VC game.

I'm baffled at the release date of this game. For all that time they're spending on this game, they could've actually remade Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and maybe even make it for the Switch instead. Even if they fail to give Partners in Time any improvements, at least we can say "at least they had that opportunity to remake it to begin with". What opportunity is there for Bowser's Inside Story to be drastically better?

If these games were "highlights", then why not make it like a remaster or graphical update? Why skip out on Partners in Time?

Because you can't cash in on a game that wasn't super well received.

Didn't sell as much either. Bowser's inside story and superstar saga by comparison are the highest selling games in the series.

That makes more sense, but it's sadly the most cynical reason. At this point, those two remakes are just cash grabs.

Didn't we just get an M&L remake last year and another M&L game the year before that?

When did this series turn into fucking Assassin's Creed with this annual franchise shit?

They're good games (well I'd say mediocre with Paper Jam but the remakes are good) so I'll gladly take consistent good M&L games to balance out the rarer and less impressive Paper Mario releases lately.

Yeah and then you wonder why nobody cares about the series anymore.

If they keep this stagnant shit up the series will be dead within a few years.

Magikrazy said:
Didn't we just get an M&L remake last year and another M&L game the year before that?

When did this series turn into *bleep*ing Assassin's Creed with this annual franchise *bleep*?

Every two years (biennial), but your point still stands.

This shortened development cycle is a byproduct of being publicly labeled as the only Mario RPG series. Whereas before Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi traded every two years (give or take) between them, Paper Mario's recent direction means AlphaDream is developing twice as many Mario & Luigi games to try and close the Mario RPG gap, in turn affecting the quality of its final products.

TyrorexDMZ said:
Magikrazy said:

When did this series turn into *bleep*ing Assassin's Creed with this annual franchise *bleep*?

Every two years (biennial), but your point still stands.

This shortened development cycle is a byproduct of being publicly labeled as the only Mario RPG series. Whereas before Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi traded every two years (give or take) between them, Paper Mario's recent direction means AlphaDream is developing twice as many Mario & Luigi games to try and close the Mario RPG gap, in turn affecting the quality of its final products.

No actually it's because Alpha Dream figured out how to make these things quickly. The only reason it took them as long as it did was in the past they were working on hamtaro games and trouble with 3D.

If you ask me, Partners In Time was skipped simply because they'd have to make loads of new sprites for Mario and Luigi carrying the babies, plus the babies's sprites and everything else.
Basically the SS and BIS remakes only exist because the assets are already there so they can cash-in.
Not that I'm complaining though. the SS remake was amazing and I think this one will be as well! And who knows, maybe they have a PIT remake lined up, but since the sprite work would be bigger they're doing it later (maybe for Switch?)

About people wondering where's a new game or why the series is so stale creatively, I guess it's because Dream Team and Paper Jam weren't exactly well received (I know I hate Paper Jam and I've seen many think the same), so maybe they going back to the fanfavorites might show them why the series is/was so loved in the first place? That's a nice way to prepare them up for M&L6

I think it boils down to squeezing the most cash for the least amount of effort. IMO, the Superstar Saga remake was disappointing and had a bunch of odd decisions such as scrapping the Magikoopa doctor and other cutting corners such as the flight Koopas, the Mecha-Chomps, the Bullet Bill snipers (but keeping the Boomerang Bros., huh).

I think Dream Team and Paper Jam is all right, but I think Paper Jam was when AlphaDream is starting to run out of ideas gameplaywise.

Dream Team was an amazing game. It was my first M&L RPG and my first good RPG overall (no, Disney Infinity is not a good RPG). The time I first played it was one of the most nostalgic times in my life.

Paper Jam was also really good, but it just didn’t quite live up to its predecessor.

Dream Team did use things from BIS and try to make it better, but the story didn't work out. Even then, if this game we're talking about took inspiration from Dream Team's improvements, that would be very good.

Anyways. What I liked about Paper Jam was that it took a different direction from the other games. It did have Sticker Star enemies (though with a reward) in two different ways: actual Sticker Star enemies, and familiar enemies. But, I think this is actually good. Although, it would have been nice to add more variety. I mean, you do fight some enemies that are the same, but at different levels. Not to often, but they are there. Battle Cards also are good for the gameplay. I guess that's why they returned in Color Splash, though as the main gimmick.

So out of boredom I put a small list together for everything I think this remake should do bare minimum to be worth it.
1. The improved ranking system of paper jam and DT
2. The better gear system from those games as well. Equipable shoes and hammers and all that junk.
3. Boss Arena for giant battles and Bowser battles with a new boss for the latter and maybe giant.
4.An improved Minion Quest. I won't be satisfied with just the same thing with more enemy types, it needs to improve the interaction and make it less passive.
5.Hard mode. It already has the challenge bangle thing, just apply it to a separate mode instead.
6. No microphone junk and all mini-game tutorials are skipable.
7.Every copy must come with a boxed in chocolate shaped like Bowser's shell.

Mcmadness said:
Didn't sell as much either. Bowser's inside story and superstar saga by comparison are the highest selling games in the series.

Mario Party's sales completely trumped Superstar Saga's.

what does mario party have to do with this

nvm i'm illiterate.

i still don't think ad cares much about total net sales in the end. none of their games are huge hits.

Back