Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

would be nice if they gave bosses new moves or attacks but that would require putting more effort into the game.

Honestly I was expecting this, the 3DS will die eventually so the only games they're making are ones that re-use assets and/or are remakes.

The reason that they skipped Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time would most likely be that Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story wouldn't work on anything but a DS, it has touchscreen controls, lots of focus on both screens and other DS-only gimmicks. Partners on Time almost never uses that and as such could be remade on something like the Switch a lot easier than BIS.

Anyway I don't have much hope in this improving the game since they didn't do much with Superstar Saga and the original BIS was near-flawless in the first place. I somehow doubt they're going to change some of the actual issues like those annoying mini games, or the lack of a Bowser battle ring, but I'll probably buy it anyway cause I can't pass up another excuse to play BIS again. Gotta wonder why it's supposed to come out in 2019 tho.

I doubt it.

Remaking partners in time correctly to fix it's numerous flaws would require they actually put more than the basic level of effort and for a series that is now farted out almost as regularly as Mario Party, that is unlikely to happen.

The Entire Galactic Empire said:
i reckon they're changing the storyline up a bit, so that BIS comes before PIT

I reckon they are desperately trying to keep people interested in this series.

Yeah but you're a diehard.

I Got No iPhone said:
Well a brand new game would be a waste on the 3DS. They're getting remakes out on it because the system is in its final days. I bet they'll pull a brand new game on the Switch.

Final days? I thought Reggie said it has a long life ahead of it :koopa: .

If they remade PiT, they would have to fix all the issues that game had with balancing, and in all honesty I'm sure they just want to update the graphics of the games and then resell them to people.

Mcmadness said:

I mean, I'd ignore the pointlessness of it if it was Partners in Time instead.

But that game has such fundamental problems with it that even these by the numbers remakes they are making would already improve it considerably.

Mcmadness said:
But that game has such fundamental problems with it that even these by the numbers remakes they are making would already improve it considerably.
Considering how 1:1 SSSDX was, I doubt it.
At best, we'd get what was essentially an international version of the Japanese version.

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

I mean, I'd ignore the pointlessness of it if it was Partners in Time instead.
As someone who's a fan of Bowser Jr., I still see this remake as entirely pointless. It's not like Superstar Saga which is a GBA game and had a kinda weird artstyle. It's not even like Partners in Time which had a Japanese version which fixed some of the bigger issues of the international release.
The only logical explanation is that they want to use Fawful again, but he's barely in PiT, so they jumped to Inside Story.

She just wants the babies in the same style as everyone else, game itself be damned.

also!!! new artwork!!!!!!!!!!! maybe new voice clips!!!!!

Yeah, I figured. Funnily enough, I always wanted a Bowser & Bowser Jr. game...
So the lesson I can give is to keep hoping and someday, you'll get what you want in a way you didn't expect.
Kinda like a Monkey's Paw. Or half of one.

ThatGuy62 said:
Yeah, I figured. Funnily enough, I always wanted a Bowser & Bowser Jr. game...
So the lesson I can give is to keep hoping and someday, you'll get what you want in a way you didn't expect.
Kinda like a Monkey's Paw. Or half of one.
Is this a modern way of saying "Be careful what you wish for"?

There’s only one thing that disappoints me.

The original BIS had my 2nd favorite soundtrack of all time (after SMG1, of course). However, in my opinion, remakes/sequels tend to downscale soundtracks (as we saw with Superstar Saga DX and SMG2). Now I’m betting a million dollars that the final boss theme won’t be nearly as epic. If I have one request, Nintendo, don’t downscale the soundtrack in this game.

Even then, the song would still be part of the soundtrack on the remake. Although, Cackletta's final boss theme is better on the GBA, but 3DS uses some things that a GBA couldn't handle.

Rintarou Okabe said:
are you implying anything yoko shimomura touches is going to be bad

do u wanna go
The remake's soundtrack was pretty hit-or-miss though in certain cases and the best track weren't even in the main mode.

I thought it was pretty meh myself.

Also in order to emphasize how too soon and unnecessary this remake is.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/TRSRYArlK4f2wpEB9icuziCm_A58y02l

The website for the original version still exists.

Back