Luigi Mansion for 3DS

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Luigi's Mansion is being remade for the 3DS, the game features updated graphics and new boss rush mode.

Man, thinking about this, it makes perfect sense, the game was supposed to be in 3D in the first place

Further proof that Nintendo is milking every last drop from the 3DS by making yet another game that they can easily make using assets from older games.

Plague Knight said:
Further proof that Nintendo is milking every last drop from the 3DS by making yet another game that they can easily make using assets from older games.

It's got a bunch of new models though.

Anyway, I hope it has the UKs hidden mansion in all regions.

Mcmadness said:
It's got a bunch of new models though.
True, but you can't deny that there's a trend with MP: The Top 100, not one but two M&L remakes, and now this (and possibly more that I'm forgetting).

Oh sure. Though LM at least is a good game.

asdfasdfasdf

I never had a gamecube. That's why I thought I'd never play this game. I started affording for a 3ds recently too.

But now :D

I mean, call me crazy, but I think it's awesome for Nintendo to make this, even if it's just a port

I'm more eh on this.

I ultimately enjoy Dark Moon more than the original Luigi's Mansion because of all improvements the title has made on top of the really fun Scarescraper mode. I hope this remake does address the ridiculously short length issues the original game had and perhaps fixing some outdated game mechanics that were introduced in Dark Moon; I remember beating Bowser in the span of 6 hours and keep in mind, I don't usually fly through games like that.

i own both games but the original will always be my favorite , and now it's coming on portable!

Love it, this is simply amazing.

now if we could get a third game ... that would be nice.

I just thought about this, but I think the main reason it is on the 3DS is because most Dark Moon fans are 3DS people and not Switch. Just putting it out there. Second reason would be way easier to port Luigi's Mansion using Dark Moon as a base.

Yoshi the SSM said:
I just thought about this, but I think the main reason it is on the 3DS is because most Dark Moon fans are 3DS people and not Switch. Just putting it out there. Second reason would be way easier to port Luigi's Mansion using Dark Moon as a base.
It's probably because they've got a bunch of assets on the 3ds and it will take less time then an hd remake.

also 3ds has a huge install base so they still want to put out something thats big enough to keep selling stuff to that market but cheap and simple enough to make that the development doesn't affect more important projects (i.e. switch games)

They also have assets from the Gamecube itself, which should be lightweight enough (like polycount, texture resolution) to begin with to just directly port to 3DS. But maybe they can redo the textures for some object, eh. Anyhow, I do hope people don't accuse the game of "charmless" "sterilizing" and "NSMBifying" Luigi because Luigi does look distinct in the GCN version, having shoelaces and all. As well as the grotesque facial expressions. All which are thankfully (disclaimer: in my opinion) absent in this game.

In the meantime, I do await to play the Mario version of Luigi's Mansion one day. :P

I hope the remake adds in some of the unused content into the game, like the Shy Guys being actual enemies, or having Mario be playable. (In some kind of multiplayer mode, of course.)

I'm guessing they probably might add a multiplayer mode. I really enjoyed Scarescraper a bunch.

Plague Knight said:
That kinda defeats the purpose of Luigi's Mansion, but of course this is you we're talking about.
If Luigi can save his goddamn self in Super Mario Galaxy, I think it'll be all fine if Mario is willing to do the same!

Baby Luigi said:
I'm guessing they probably might add a multiplayer mode. I really enjoyed Scarescraper a bunch.
Oh, now you make me think Mario has another chance of being the player 2 character, which is almost what happened with Scarescraper.

Anybody looking forward to Bowser's floating, decapitated, pupiless head?

Nobody because thats a very weird and specific thing to look forward to

I just want to see if Luigi makes personal remarks about things in this game.

At one point, Luigi says he is interested in wearing the dresses in the clothes room.

Well he's still got the GBH so I'd imagine he would.

00001042_03.jpg

Also here's King Boo if anyone cares.

The 3DS port was just released today. I plan to buy it in a couple months, before I play LM2 and LM3.

Also I can't believe that this thread has been dead since the port's announcement back in March...

Hey theres a new character in this game:
42663914_191180715132742_1397496007892057187_n.jpg

This is Gooigi, a goo version of Luigi that appears when you wanna play co-op. Thats pretty cool.
This got me thinking, what if in New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, there was a mode in Luigi U called "Gooigi Chase or something, where every stage would have a version where Gooigi would chase the play, maybe even form into walls and do some cool teleportation, and if he gets in front of Luigi you lose. That'd be cool.

Parakoopa144 said:
Hey theres a new character in this game:
42663914_191180715132742_1397496007892057187_n.jpg

This is Gooigi, a goo version of Luigi that appears when you wanna play co-op. Thats pretty cool.

I support Gooigi for Smash Ultimate

Back