Luigi Mansion for 3DS

The fact it has an artwork for itself is fascinating on its own.

This should be an alt in Ultimate, I 100% agree with anyone who said that before.

Eventually, Gooigi and Luigi bonded more than he or Mario ever had. Mario got jealous and had a hunch. He took FLUDD out of the closet and decided to "show" him to Gooigi. Then FLUDD squirted.

There was weeping and mourning that night.

But not from Mario.

Parakoopa144 said:
Hey theres a new character in this game:
42663914_191180715132742_1397496007892057187_n.jpg

This is Gooigi, a goo version of Luigi that appears when you wanna play co-op. Thats pretty cool.
So that WASN'T a placeholder?

They're just lazy as shit then! Why the hell is Mario not the second player, especially with this:
https://tcrf.net/Luigi%27s_Mansion_(GameCube)/Unused_Models#bmario
LuigisMansion-Mario_model.png

Would be kinda weird having Mario save himself.

That would be part of the fun. And why not? Luigi had the chance to save himself in Super Mario Galaxy!

i'm not sure if it's them being lazy or that they wanted everyone to experience the full download play, hence why there are three Luigi's in Dark Moon.

Crow T. Robot said:
Parakoopa144 said:
Hey theres a new character in this game:
42663914_191180715132742_1397496007892057187_n.jpg

This is Gooigi, a goo version of Luigi that appears when you wanna play co-op. Thats pretty cool.
So that WASN'T a placeholder?

They're just lazy as *bleep* then! Why the hell is Mario not the second player, especially with this:
https://tcrf.net/Luigi%27s_Mansion_(GameCube)/Unused_Models#bmario
LuigisMansion-Mario_model.png

Despite my dislike for him, :waluigi: would have made for a more creative second player.

Lucario said:

This should be an alt in Ultimate, I 100% agree with anyone who said that before.

Less an echo, more like an alternate costume, like Wedding and Builder Mario.

Parakoopa144 said:
Hey how do you make an article on MarioWiki? I wanna make a page for Gooigi.
You'll have to make an account first. Then you have to make at least five edits and wait four days to become autoconfirmed. You can create pages after that.

EDIT: Gooigi apparently already has an article.

Parakoopa144 said:
Lucario said:

Less an echo, more like an alternate costume, like Wedding and Builder Mario.

That's what he said. "Alt". "Alternate". Alternate costume.

I like how Gooigi has a better justification for existing than literally any of Mario and Peach's alt selves.

Kokichi Oma said:
I like how Gooigi has a better justification for existing than literally any of Mario and Peach's alt selves.

Baby Mario though.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Baby Mario though.

Baby Mario has an excuse in Partners in Time, but every other instance it's kind of just shrugged off and not explained at all. (Save for of course the game he actually stars in, Yoshi's Island, which is an obvious exception.)

The babies never felt like alt selves to me.

What, they were like their own characters?

Mcmadness said:
The babies never felt like alt selves to me.

And to be fair, they weren't really the primary lampooning target of my post, anyway. I was attempting to call shots at Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, and the like in those cases.

Baby Mario and Baby Peach are the younger selves of Mario and Peach so they would basically exist by default. But I do stand by the fact that their appearance in games isn't really justified very well in most games. There exists debate that their inclusion is even necessary in spin-offs for that very reason; I'm doubting that there will be any for Gooigi's sake other than the typical "why can't we play as Mario instead", which the original Luigi's Mansion already had and isn't the result of Gooigi's introduction.

Also, I'm technically lampooning Dark Moon, too, which also had multiple Luigis for no reason.

Kokichi Oma said:
Also, I'm technically lampooning Dark Moon, too, which also had multiple Luigis for no reason.

actually, there is a technical reason for that

http://www.mtv.com/news/2466737/luigis-mansion-dark-moon-qa-part-2-multiplayer-luigis-nintendo-land-and-the-poltergust/

Bryce Holliday: The reason why there are four Luigis in the game instead of four different characters was because we really wanted that in-the-same-room multiplayer to be the main focus, and we realized that not everybody owns the game, or brings the game at the right time when they meet somebody with a 3DS. There is a download limit of 32 MB, for the download play system that exists on the operating system, so we had to work within that smaller confine, and therefore the texture and model data for a Mario, and a Toad and a Peach just wouldn't fit in that space. By being limited we actually had to innovate, and do randomly generating maps, use four Luigis, and use the upgrade system from the single player game to really flesh out that experience, because it was planned as a kind of viral thing like, "hey, play this, let's sit down and play it" and we just had to work within that scope.

I could also tell ya why I think Baby Luigi is necessary in spin-offs *shrug*

Russian Baby Luigi said:
actually, there is a technical reason for that

http://www.mtv.com/news/2466737/luigis-mansion-dark-moon-qa-part-2-multiplayer-luigis-nintendo-land-and-the-poltergust/

Bryce Holliday: The reason why there are four Luigis in the game instead of four different characters was because we really wanted that in-the-same-room multiplayer to be the main focus, and we realized that not everybody owns the game, or brings the game at the right time when they meet somebody with a 3DS. There is a download limit of 32 MB, for the download play system that exists on the operating system, so we had to work within that smaller confine, and therefore the texture and model data for a Mario, and a Toad and a Peach just wouldn't fit in that space. By being limited we actually had to innovate, and do randomly generating maps, use four Luigis, and use the upgrade system from the single player game to really flesh out that experience, because it was planned as a kind of viral thing like, "hey, play this, let's sit down and play it" and we just had to work within that scope.

I could also tell ya why I think Baby Luigi is necessary in spin-offs *shrug*

Huh. For all I knew about Dark Moon (and I know a lot), I actually never knew about that. I learned something new today!

I mean, it doesn't change the fact that it's still four Luigis, but now I know it wasn't merely simply a copy and paste job. But then, I never really thought laziness was a big impact in Dark Moon at all considering how jam-packed the game is. It's never been a decision I was angry about, just a pattern that I noticed.

Oh, trust me, I'm not personally against the babies in spin-offs at all. In fact, I don't even really mind the alt selves of characters in general, I just won't play as them. It's just that I don't anticipate there will be any of the same kind of debate for Gooigi as they've gotten over the years, other than, as I said, the tried and true "why can't we play as Mario instead". (Though personally, I think it makes sense story-wise in Luigi's Mansion anyway, considering, y'know, Mario's in a painting and all that.)

Russian Baby Luigi said:
What, they were like their own characters?

The opposite.

I know my sister likes Metal Mario at points rather than playing as Mario, because he's kinda got his own charm.

i loooooooooooove this game.

Im currently on the 3rd phase, since i just defeated the second Boss (Boggmire i think)

i love Luigi humming the bgm. I had no idea how much i missed this game.

The only thing is that i guess i need to replay some matches against ghosts since i got some silver frames.

IDK I just want to have Mario + Luigi rescuing Mario. For the extra sillies.

Princess Mario said:
IDK I just want to have Mario + Luigi rescuing Mario. For the extra sillies.

I mean, we did have Luigi rescuing Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy. Come on, Ninty, make it happen.

i think gooigi is great(not talking about any ideas that couldve been instead though), wonder what lore ideas could there be with him

Back