WarioWare Gold

Of all the characters not in the picture: I'm willing to bet 18 Volt, one of the Crygors and Orbulon will return, Mike is a maybe, I doubt the rest of Jimmy's family or Jimmy P will return because that's like, 4 remix stages?

Anyways, got most of who I wanted to see here, now to hear their voices

Looks like WarioWare is still pumping out new characters. I wonder if the series could have the success it had if Wario were replaced by some other character with similar quirks, namely being a businessman with an intent of making short-burst games.

I wish somebody who could interview one of the developers of WarioWare (particularly Sakamoto) could ask about Waluigi in the Wario games, because that's the one I am most interested in, but I don't feel that I am able to relay my question to them at all. Therefore, if you are in a position to ask them this question, please ask them and post a response.

(If you attempt to post a response to the question, please cite your sources)

Thank you for reading.

Western cover, now with 300% more eyebrows

WarioWare_Gold_Boxart_NA.jpeg

All the characters look really derpy and sketchy, lol

Mona looks fine, but I can't help feel that she keeps getting older in each new establishment.

Intro video in Japanese:

Wow, they weren't kidding when they said there would be voice acting in this game.

I love how Ashley just hangs up

nothing concrete about the new character yet but i have to say i love how 5-volt has gotten her own microgame selection after Game & Wario (and the Gamer stage in Smash) made her such a prominent character

I love that intro video a lot! It makes me wish that we got a Wario anime or something. Man, I can't wait until August 3rd to play this because I'm so extremely hyped for this game. ;-;

just finished playing through the demo. the demo itself is rather short, but it's got some interesting information that can be garnered from it. some stray observations:

-seems to be four types of control types: mash (aka buttons, not necessarily always mashing), twist, touch and mic
-the new little girl character is mentioned in a section talking about story ('see all your favourite characters again' type of stuff), all it says is something along the lines of 'whats that kid doing here' so looks like her identity will be a focus in the story in some way
-there seem to be a lot of extra collectibles in the game. music, minigames, souvenirs etc.
-the part that caught my eye the most was the extra modes. there seems to be the regular ones, like having a mode to mix all microgames into one stage, but there's a few more interesting ones like a versus mode and some version of Gamer from Game & Wario (which i never bought so i'm glad i'll be able to try that mode out here)
-also it's weird hearing wario speak in full sentences. not that i'm complaining

so from what i can see this definitely feels like it has a lot of content, and it's probably gonna be the 'definitive' warioware game in the same way rhythm heaven megamix was for it's series

really though i'm just glad that there's finally gonna be a new warioware, i can't wait for this to release. i also really hope it paves the way for a switch version that utilises all that wacky joycon tech

Mewta said:
5-Volt has Yoshi Island and Rhythm Heaven mini games!

Baby Mario's second appearance in a WarioWare game, heh

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Mewta said:
5-Volt has Yoshi Island and Rhythm Heaven mini games!

Baby Mario's second appearance in a WarioWare game, heh
It's so weird to me that she's going to have a normal Nintendo theme and just be normal after scaring the daylights outta us in G&W.

DhXt41SVAAAnrhO.jpg

It looks like we got an idea of what amiibo does in this game.
Judging by past games, Wario will either draw a picture of the character the amiibo based on or the Mii that is saved on it, I'm sure it will be very flattering.
Also, one of the new games is a Pushmo one, that's pretty neat

New JP trailer dropped, in which you can hear the voice for some of the characters beside Wario!

The press has started to post impressions of the english version. love ashley's voice

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnCcSj5Eguo

[/youtube]

So I've never played a WarioWare game, but that video that just got posted may have convinced me just because of that weird demon thing that started to talking to Ashley and Red. I don't know I just found him really funny.

Back