Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Santa Yoshi said:
Christmas White Lightning said:
Santa Yoshi said:
Also, does anyone happen to know where the Waddle Dee spirit in World of Light is?
You can find it in the upper right corner of the map, go into a portal that is a submap. It is the one with the food minigame. It will appear in the podium on the the 3 thing
That's on the Villager route, right? That's the route I took.
Yes, it is.

Speaking of Piranha Plant, datamining says that it has a weight value of 112, making it the 8th heaviest character, beaten by Incineroar, Charizard, Ganondorf, Dedede, Donkey Kong, King K. Rool and Bowser. Its run speed is also 1.72, the 40th fastest in Ultimate, and this run speed is also faster than DK's Smash 4 run speed (1.7031)

So... me and my brothers all unlocked all characters today.

Haven't tried them all out though, but I have tried most of them. Here we go...

I'm stuck on 99.83% cleared. All of the characters are awakened and I have 614 spaces cleared. Any clue to where the last one is. I searched every submap, nothing. I searched the three main maps, still nothing. I have seen all three endings and I'm stuck. Any clue where the last damn space is? I am not the only person with that issue.

Christmas White Lightning said:
I'm stuck on 99.83% cleared. All of the characters are awakened and I have 614 spaces cleared. Any clue to where the last one is. I searched every submap, nothing. I searched the three main maps, still nothing. I have seen all three endings and I'm stuck. Any clue where the last dang space is? I am not the only person with that issue.
You're missing one of the bad endings, it seems. I had the same problem. Make sure you have seen all three endings already. At the end of the last area, you should have fought solo Galeem, solo Dharkon, and both simultaneously.

I still haven't even started the World of Light XD
Classic's too much of a blast, and unlocking isn't that bad.

If only I could change the music on the menu like in Brawl and Wii U......
(I'm a sucker for the Melee menu theme, though LifeLight instrumental's all right too, I guess.)

Menu music change? You have to beat World of Light. And I think it has to be good ending.

No, that's what you gotta do. Saw it somewhere myself...

I really need to beat World of Light...

To be fair it does make the most sense in terms of unlockables.

Would it feel better to give you a character? No, you'd have to put in so much work to just get one more exclusive WoL character.

What about a stage? Nope, a stage would feel useless. You would have to put in too much effort.

A spirit? All that for a spirit? Again, too much effort.

Menu music change is an unlockable that I think makes the most sense, it is cool to have, but it won't hurt not to have it.

Have to disagree there, making alternate menu music unlockable was kind of a weird move personally and as much as I enjoy Lifelight, I really wanted something else after a few days. My main motivation for pushing through to the end of Wol was getting the music honestly.

If a half dozen stages or so had been unlockable like in the other games, getting a stage for beating Wol could've made a lot of sense. Hell, the alternative battlefields you fight Galeem on could possibly be interesting in a regular match.

I have to beat that.

Brawl menu theme, I'm coming!

Stage Builder from Barlw is my go-to menu music, but I would like the one from the original Smash Bros., That really quiet one.

Oh yeah, some songs are in the music list, but not available to be played anywhere else. The Smash 64 menu is one of those.

Why oh why they designed it like this, and also have Super Mario World music absent from a Super Mario World stage, along with having 500 different pieces of music to turn off per stage, is going to be a real baffling decision.

I miss being able to hear the Gold & Silver theme in Fourside....

....but mostly I miss the vertically-scrolling stages.

.....and the fun, effective, and sometimes transformational Final Smashes.....
.....and trophies......
......and targets........
.......OK, this game lacks some of the best things to make room for other things, I get it.

The cinematic Final Smashes are stupid, and no one is paying attention that they remove your held items, and that's super annoying especially in free-for-alls.

I miss the vertical scrolling stages, but I can't say the same for Target Test. I don't think I would've really cared if Target Test suddenly came back in its proper form, back in Melee, but I guess it would've been a step up from that dumb braindead race to the finish that's far inferior to Melee's version or even Smash 64's version. Anyhow, the Classic Mode in this game is really good, far better than Smash Wii U's classic mode for sure.

I also miss the proper star KO system, but that's really Smash 4's fault for fucking around with Star KOs.

Yeah, Master Hand does jut the middle finger out, but I think that's a Smash 4 thing.

And I do prefer the credits minigame in this one over the rest.

Kinda wish the final fight would be in that form actually....

Back