Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Mcmadness said:
Why do both real and fake images look like they are filmed/photographed with a potato?

this, can these types of people like not take quality photos with their phone? it's like they're constantly shaking to get one of those.

I guesses it promotes ambiguity. Blurred photographs can hide flaws. But again, the real leakers for Smash 4, before that one came out, had much better photographs of Smash 3DS UI showing the leaked characters. People noticed quirks and "inconsistencies" (like Mr. Game & Watch's hand seemingly reaching into Wario's space; Wario's space looking like a screencap from Brawl) but most of it were attributed to pixel leaking from phone cameras.

Also, people were saying these were screenshoted from a snapchat video and Snapchat's camera does lower the quality than using the regular phone camera.

I'm trying not to believe this leak (like every other leak in existence) but I can't help thinking that it's real.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
I'm trying not to believe this leak (like every other leak in existence) but I can't help thinking that it's real.
Same with me. Kinda like the Star Allies Dream Friend leaks. I don't want to believe them, but it's hard to believe they're fake.

I just need to stop looking at leaks.

Only time will tell.
Stop_Watch_TTYD.png

It's best not to get worked up over it. Getting prematurely hyped for something that might not happen is what led the internet to start hating Waluigi fans.

Well, they're popular. You'll get to know them eventually.

Wellll

Banjo was an icon of 3D platforming years ago but he's reduced to nothing. But his influence is still felt; we got a half-assed overhyped game (by opinion from most who played it) directly inspired by Banjo, which is Yooka Laylee and it even has all the problems the nostalgic 3D games had back then that everyone forgot about because nostalgia.

Ken was an icon of fighting games back in the arcade days, as Street Fighter is immensely popular and iconic, and it remains relevant today. Ryu and Ken are like Mario and Luigi in Streetfighter Land.

Geno was some Super Mario RPG character that apparently is popular for whatever reason. I know he's been highly requested since the Brawl days.

Mach Rider, eh, I know you don't know.

Chorus Boys are the characters from Rhythm Heaven and were part of "fake" leaks for Smash Bros. 4.

Shadow is, well, Sonic, but more emo. And that's all you really should know about him.

But anyhow, I hope people who are older than you are fair because you deserve to know, you didn't ask to be born way past after the fact. I mean, I don't even know all the names of the Spice Girls. That's to be expected for younger people or people who are just a little later to the video game scene.

Whether it's real or not it'll be fun to watch the aftermath once something proves or disproves it.

I'd be happy with those additions. I didn't really have anyone in particular that I wanted in to begin with though so any additions were welcome.

to be honest, I kind of hope this is real. I don't care that much about Shadow and Geno being in but I'd be happy for their fans, and tbh Ken is getting in regardless lol, but I'd be hyped as hell for the other four. Mach Rider has always been my preferred choice for the next NES character and I'd love to see how Sakurai handles it; and Banjo & Kazooie, a Rhythm Heaven fighter, and Isaac have all been among my most wanted characters. the only character that wouldn't make the cut here that I'd be kind of disappointed about is Dixie Kong, but everything else makes up for it for me. I personally will be very, very satisfied if this is the final roster

as for if it'll actually happen...I prefer to be cautious about believing leaks, but I honestly have a good feeling about this one? we'll find out soon enough

I usually have a policy of avoiding spoilers when I am going to get the game, so I have no problem look at the roster for any potential characters that are interesting (and would probably change my mind). Unfortunately, the leaked characters aren't going to change my mind. The originals are mildly interesting for certain, but not a deal-maker.

I find it interesting that Smash 4's approach to new playables is to have original fighters, since all but 2 new playables have something original to bring including the DLC characters. Now with this game, however, and this approach is more about bringing highly-requested characters, since most new characters are highly-requested in one form or another, and the return of old playables are proof enough of that (they tend to get top billing as requested characters, after all).

Thank you for reading.

I skipped Smash Wii U because the 3DS version gave me enough time to let me know that buying it again wasn't worth it.

I also didn't bother with the DLC so I think I'll be getting this one just because its been long enough, content that isn't necessarily 'new' like the U stages and DLC will be new for me and the changes they've made to some mechanics seem to be a step in the right direction.

Also I want to play as Pichu again.

Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
it'll be fun to watch the aftermath once something proves or disproves it
Yes, then the internet can start hating fans of another character.

Meanwhile, I am building a fallout shelter. Stocked with an ungodly number of Reese's products.

J & Siph said:
Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
it'll be fun to watch the aftermath once something proves or disproves it
Yes, then the internet can start hating fans of another character.

Meanwhile, I am building a fallout shelter. Stocked with an ungodly number of Reese's products.
76 to be exact

I think right now it's just smart to look at this as a court case.

Those who believe it's real are defense lawyers

Those who believe it's fake or at the very least are skeptical are the prosecutors

Neither has an open and shut case at the very moment, they're both just trying to find out the truth. We can only wait until the Judge with the verdict comes down. And that will likely be on Nintendo and the coming Smash direct. Rumored to be 2 weeks from now.

Back