Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Actually, I made a mistake; it's down for me as well. See the edit to my post.

I think the site is down temporarily. It should be back up before long.

Northern Verve said:
YFJ said:
Deku said:
Sakurai talks a bit about Isabelle:
https://sourcegaming.info/2018/09/26/sakurai-discusses-isabelle-echoes-and-newcomers/

Also mentions that the pace at which they've been showing new characters will be slowing down. I'm really believing Ken and Incineroar are the final two.
Wouldn't Ken be an echo, though? If he is, there's still chance for Geno one more character.

Echoes are still characters. They don't take as long as unique/semi-clone characters do but it's not like they can whip them up in only a week.

If Geno is playable, he will either be our final character reveal and/or he'll be among the first DLC characters. He may even be our Smash 4 Mewtwo of this game.
Yeah, if we go by box theory, we have one more unique fighter, and an echo based on someone from Palutena to Cloud. Meaning it would be an echo of potentially Palutena, Pac-Man, Robin, Shulk, Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, Ryu, or Cloud. Of all of these, Ken is the most likely and based on verge, Incineroar would be the unqiue newcomer.

I 100% see Geno being the first DLC character and teased at the end of the final smash direct.

Czario said:
Actually, I made a mistake; it's down for me as well. See the edit to my post.

I think the site is down temporarily. It should be back up before long.

Actually just minutes after my post it started working for me.

It's really acting up it seems. You can still read it in the Nintendoeverything site if it still doesn't work tho, so head to that instead.

https://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-smash-bros-ultimate-slowing-down-on-character-reveals-isabelles-inclusion-more/

Gamefreak75 said:
Deku said:
Sakurai talks a bit about Isabelle:
https://sourcegaming.info/2018/09/26/sakurai-discusses-isabelle-echoes-and-newcomers/

Also mentions that the pace at which they've been showing new characters will be slowing down. I'm really believing Ken and Incineroar are the final two.

I can't think of a more disappointing set of reveals for me, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.
Oh don't worry. The other heavily rumored character is minecraft Steve lol.

Man they spoiled us early with Ridley and K. Rool. I'm sure any characters who will be added will be fun, but damn they really got the big names out of the way quick.

Funnily enough, sakurai has talked about Minecraft before, saying he enjoys the game.

The reason it's coming up a lot recently is because vergeben, who has been a consistent leaker through all of smash ultimate's news cycle so far, has stated there is Minecraft content of some sort in the game. This could just be an assist trophy but a person verge trusts is saying Steve is in.

Deku said:
Funnily enough, sakurai has talked about Minecraft before, saying he enjoys the game.

The reason it's coming up a lot recently is because vergeben, who has been a consistent leaker through all of smash ultimate's news cycle so far, has stated there is Minecraft content of some sort in the game. This could just be an assist trophy but a person verge trusts is saying Steve is in.

I honestly would be interested to see Steve in Smash. I think his moveset could be cool.

they wouldnt have already blown their whole load, they couldnt have

and i can only think of one character more requested, more hype, more awesome than ridley and k rool combined

i think its time boys

were getting goku

I mean, if we get another last Smash direct, they may announce something like 2-3 unique fighters there?

'T would make sense.

Deku said:
Well the most reliable leaker, Vergeben, has stated that there is also a Square Enix character as well. I think those three will be our last.

Incineroar and Ken are both locks at this point, mainly because Verge, but they also really make a lot of sense to include. That screenshot leak hasn't been debunked yet either, so I'd go as far as to say that Ken is even more likely than Incineroar at this point. Other than that, Vergeben also said there would be a new Square Enix character, so that makes Geno a big candidate, especially since Square seems to be giving us all these FF games, so they might be open to give Sakurai some new things. Although for all we know, who said Black Mage couldn't be that new character? Jokes aside... what if?

As for the supposed Minecraft representation, we may get Steve, and as dumb as it may sound, Minecraft is just a very popular game whether you like it or not. It appearing in Smash in some way doesn't sound like anything out of the big blue. Although I'm more leaning towards Assist Trophy or just a regular trophy. Or stage, but this I doubt a bit.

And taking all that in consideration... Is there still hope for Bandana Dee? Well yes, of course. Because I said so. Also since he was created before Sakurai left HAL, so he no doubt knows about the guy a lot more than a lot of people. Second, one may compare Kirby's situation to Metroid. Metroid had Samus in 64, and then got a new rep in Brawl, and now has two more in Ultimate. Kirby had Kirby in 64, both Meta Knight and Dedede in Brawl, so it would be nice if now they got a fourth (aka Bandana Dee) to parallel Metroid. Just makes sense to me at least.

I actually believe we might get 4 more newcomers, because we just got 9 in a span of 3 months, so 4 in two months doesn't sound odd even if they're slowing down a bit.

Lucario said:
Also since he was created before Sakurai left HAL, so he no doubt knows about the guy a lot more than a lot of people.
That's a bit misleading. Sakurai left in 2003. The last Kirby game he worked on was Kirby Air Ride.
Bandana Waddle Dee's design existed for Megaton Punch in Kirby Super Star, but he wasn't an actual character until Super Star Ultra's Revenge of the King Mode in 2008, 5 years later.
Bandana Waddle Dee as a character exists mostly due to the work of current Kirby director, Shinya Kumazaki.

oOpS...

Oh well... should've just said that he was created when Sakurai was still in HAL.

My point still stands that he has a shot tho.

DofvF_9W0AE4R9_

Smash download card from Japan. Whether or not this proves the Ken and *insert not echo here* speculation (the empty spaces next to Isabelle and Ryu) is unknown, but it's looking likely.

If Spirits is Story Mode, I want the Final Boss to be Lucas from that piece of shit The Wizard! He is revealed to be the mastermind behind the aspect of spirit collecting, and his main weapon is what else? The Power Glove and he uses the glove to transform him into an ultimate beast!

supermariofan said:
If Spirits is Story Mode, I want the Final Boss to be Lucas from that piece of *bleep* The Wizard! He is revealed to be the mastermind behind the aspect of spirit collecting, and his main weapon is what else? The Power Glove and he uses the glove to transform him into an ultimate beast!

...the heck?
No. Just...no.

Besides,everyone knows the Power Glove will be Master Hand's new form during the final battle where he gets the ability to use Final Smashes.

Back