Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

So according to the blog, Mimikyu doesn't always instant K.-O.

Makes sense.

ThatGuy62 said:
Besides,everyone knows the Power Glove will be Master Hand's new form during the final battle where he gets the ability to use Final Smashes.

Master Hand using a Smash Ball while turning into an accessory from the same times as when ROB was one himself and let him have a big role like in Brawl just because of that fact?

Makes too much sense.

Another Fire Emblem track instead of a different series and it's one of the songs that's already in Smash Bros (and I think that version sounds better from what I've heard of this new track).

Resounding meh from me.

I like the arrangement but I'm pretty sure we already knew it existed so it would have been nice to see something new. However, I'm totally fine with the music theory's unceremonious death

Alex95 said:
Only knew it existed because it was used in Lucina's character trailer, iirc. Still a cool song, though, Id (Purpose) is one of the best tracks in FE:Awakening.
It was actually used in robin's character trailer. But I remember it more for Chrom's reveal trailer in the direct.

My friend is a massive Fire Emblem fan and Chrom is one of his all time favorite characters. That moment in the August direct where it shows Castle Seige and then Chrom abruptly lands while the triumphant Id Purpose plays nearly brought him to tears. Even as a non-FE fan I was incredibly hyped for that reveal.

Off topic, the Dark Samus reveal momentarily after that was also incredible. The slow fade out of Id Purpose, leading into that ominous version of Brinstar Depths, culminating in Dark Samus stepping out of that void was awesome.

I was really hoping for Chrom and Dark Samus's appearance in Smash. I do feel like their potential is somewhat limited by being Echoes (but the same can really be said for just about any clone), but I'm really happy they made it in all the same.

Alex95 said:
I was really hoping for Chrom and Dark Samus's appearance in Smash. I do feel like their potential is somewhat limited by being Echoes (but the same can really be said for just about any clone), but I'm really happy they made it in all the same.

With those 2 and Daisy, seems like you've been unlucky with the echo bat hitting them.

They're still playable. But there's still a bit of a stigma on echoes. Like couldn't get in any other way.

So...

You know how before a fighter is announced, the "New" tag suddenly disappears from the Fighter section in the website?

Well because it just did. Are we getting a new character next week?

Lucario said:
So...

You know how before a fighter is announced, the "New" tag suddenly disappears from the Fighter section in the website?

Well because it just did. Are we getting a new character next week?
It's been like that for a couple days. The fighter video playlist on YouTube also updated. Both things happened shortly before previous character announcements. We'll see how things play out.

The blog's showing off Zero's assist trophy. I know I should just be happy that he's in the game to begin with and I am.

But it's just so close.

About that, we still don't know if third party series are allowed to have more than one unique fighter.

So on the bright side, if Zero was playable taking such things in consideration, they might have made him an echo, which granted, doesn't work obviously, but at the same time, I think you get what I'm saying.

Lucario said:
About that, we still don't know if third party series are allowed to have more than one unique fighter.

So on the bright side, if Zero was playable taking such things in consideration, they might have made him an echo, which granted, doesn't work obviously, but at the same time, I think you get what I'm saying.

At this point though, it'd practically goalpost moving compared to what we've seen before.

Remember when there could only be one 3rd party per company? Then Ryu happened
Remember when the character had to have a significant presence on Nintendo consoles? Then Cloud happened
Remember when the character had to be a legendary icon of gaming? Then Bayonetta happened (Though you could argue this was a special case)
Remember when there could only be one character in general per 3rd party franchise? Then Richter happened

I doubt it happens base game at least, but it's still very much in the realm of possibility a 3rd party franchise gets another character that isn't an echo. Tails and Chun-Li come to mind first. Though I think Tails will be the first if it happens.

Remember when there could only be one character in general per 3rd party franchise? Then Richter happened

Then again, Richter is an echo, so he shares his number with Simon, so we still don't know how many unique reps a third party series can have.

Lucario said:

Then again, Richter is an echo, so he shares his number with Simon, so we still don't know how many unique reps a third party series can have.

That's why I said in general. When Echo fighters were announced, people weren't sure if 3rd parties were even going to get that. Then Richter showed they can.

"Individual 3rd party franchises can't get more then one character" to "They can, but they can only be echoes" is goalpost moving. That was my point. They probably still had to negoigate for the rights for Richter when adding him. Regardless if he's an echo.

Again, I don't think it's likely until DLC. But at this point, it's far from impossible that at some point this game breaks the "echoes only" barrier for individual 3rd party franchises too

Well yeah.

Did he turn into Ash-Greninja while doing it?

I don't think so.

Unless his Final Smash is just Secret Ninja Attack as Ash-Greninja, he's getting a new final smash.

This was one of the most obvious and expected changes for me. I wonder if it's just the old final smash as Ash-Greninja, or if he may have that big kienzan-like water shuriken from the anime.

Which also means they actually MIGHT reference the anime...

Ok now I want Lucario's Final Smash to be something to do with the tree of beginning.

Back