Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Poke Floats is the most unique not returning stage tbh.

I want it back because the chaos is perfect for 8-player smash.
POKÉ FLOATS
PICHU ONLY
BOB-OMBS ONLY ON VERY HIGH

TIME SET TO 15 MINUTES

DAMAGE RATIO 2.0

SD PENALTY -2

GOOOOO

Not sure if this evidence for more characters has been shown yet but...

71BJbF%2Br8tL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This image for the SSBU Limited Edition on Amazon shows two empty spaces next to K. Rool. One for Isabelle (of course) and one for an unannounced character, Perhaps just one more newcomer?

Or maybe it's Charizard special edition, where he has a down-B.

Guys...

If you think about it in some way, after that Direct came and went, Geno actually has even more chance of being in Smash now than we thought before.

Why?

Square looks like they are sharing a lot of content, since we got like... what, 6 Final Fantasy games?

And with that, what if they're ok with another Square rep in Smash? This does add some more credibility to VergeBen, and that Square character might be, of course, Geno!

So to all of you who want Geno, well, here's the hope you can cling on to.

If SE gets a newcomer, I actually expect it to be Geno, if only because outside of maybe a dragon quest character, I don't expect anyone else.
On a similar note, I kinda hope it would be Geno if only because we might get some Mario RPG/Hoops 3-On-3/Sports Mix music and possibly more than the bare minimum

Lucario said:
Guys...

If you think about it in some way, after that Direct came and went, Geno actually has even more chance of being in Smash now than we thought before.

Why?

Square looks like they are sharing a lot of content, since we got like... what, 6 Final Fantasy games?

And with that, what if they're ok with another Square rep in Smash? This does add some more credibility to VergeBen, and that Square character might be, of course, Geno!

So to all of you who want Geno, well, here's the hope you can cling on to.

This is exactly what I thought as I watched the direct. Are you secretly spying on my brain?

No.

Are you?

Or maybe we're just as analytic as each other.

Square has a franchise of rich games that i'd rather see before they waste it on a 4th tier Mario character.

I personally think Geno is the only logical next choice for a Square character, because he's equally a Square and Nintendo character. Even if Square owns the rights, he's from a Mario game so he's got indisputable ties to Nintendo's universe. As far as I'm concerned Super Mario RPG is the mascot of Square/Nintendo collaboration. But now that Cloud's in, and Square Enix is here to stay, I don't think there's any choice they have left that's more "Nintendo" than Geno.

Besides other SMRPG characters but why on earth would Geno not be the one lol

Woolly World is one of the missing ones, surprisingly

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I personally think Geno is the only logical next choice for a Square character, because he's equally a Square and Nintendo character. Even if Square owns the rights, he's from a Mario game so he's got indisputable ties to Nintendo's universe. As far as I'm concerned Super Mario RPG is the mascot of Square/Nintendo collaboration. But now that Cloud's in, and Square Enix is here to stay, I don't think there's any choice they have left that's more "Nintendo" than Geno.

imo i'd prefer a dragon quest rep because they crossed over with mario at least three times (Itadaki Street, Fortune Street, and Mario Sports Mix), which is more games than geno has appeared in, plus dragon quest is a really popular series that has quite a few games on nintendo consoles as well. logically, i think it makes more sense than a character who has failed to even appear in the remake of the game he cameo'd in.

I'd rather have Lara Croft then again idk if anyone in the east actually cares about tomb raider

Lara Croft would be an excellent choice (she's owned by Square now? didn't know that) and I'd throw my support behind her, far more influential and recognizable than Geno.

I thought she was always owned by them although it turns out they've only owned her since like 2009. but uh yeah Tomb Raider' s been published by them since then

haven't been following (shows you how casual i am at this knowledge) so please forgive me

the blog is showing off shovel knight's assist trophy

While I'm bummed he's not playable, I'm still glad he's in the game, regardless. This is huge for Yacht Club and I'm super happy for them. The fact that he's in a game alongside Mario, Mega Man, Link, Sonic, Samus, and well, everyone is amazing.

Here's hoping for Smash 6!

Weasel said:

While I'm bummed he's not playable, I'm still glad he's in the game, regardless. This is huge for Yacht Club and I'm super happy for them. The fact that he's in a game alongside Mario, Mega Man, Link, Sonic, Samus, and well, everyone is amazing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...didn't they say that Ultimate was the finale of the series?

YFJ said:
Weasel said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...didn't they say that Ultimate was the finale of the series?

Sakurai said that about every game since Melee, iirc.

Alex95 said:
YFJ said:
Weasel said:

Sakurai said that about every game since Melee, iirc.

I thought he said it since Brawl, but Ultimate looks like if it it the final game in the series. I cannot predict the future, so there may be another Smash game.

I don't think Ultimate will be the last game, but I think the next Smash will be a soft reboot of sorts. Maybe 40 characters with a lot of the veterans revamped. Ultimate seems like the celebration of the past 20 years of Smash, and whatever the next game is will signal a new era of Smash. Will Sakurai still be involved? That remains to be seen.

Back