Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I don't think there is much to be done with Alph anyway, even in Pikmin itself all captains play the same.

J-Yoshi64 said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
J-Yoshi64 said:
Of myself, of course, because I have an unhealthy obsession with self inserts.

You're weird.
Thank you. And I know. It's a problem. :shifty:

Pssst, don't tell anyone this but

I'm obsessed with self-inserts as well.

I just like video games.

Some assorted thoughts finally:

- I had a feeling we might finally see no cuts this time, but I didn't see literally everyone happening. Happy about no cuts, very happy about Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Snake coming back. Mixed feelings on having Pichu/Young Link/Trainer again, but I admit it's pretty interesting to have every last veteran together.
- Inklings look pretty cool, I'm interested in trying them out. Still a excellent choice.
- Daisy eh. I like her but I've never had much desire to see her in Smash. Not a terrible clone choice though, and given that I like Peach I'll probably end up playing as her sometimes.
- Ridley...oh man, so SO happy to finally have him in, especially since I had no hope for him going into this round. He's long overdue and they did a great job with him.
- I kind of hope every stage is back now? Maybe leave out a few of the more redundant ones (we probably don't need all of the Flat Zones for example), but otherwise it's really cool seeing how many are in already. I'm fine with there likely being less newer stages because the giant number of past ones gives a great amount of variety already.
- Likewise with every past fighter back I'm fine with and expecting less unique newcomers. I'm thinking maaaybe 5 more for an even 70 minus echoes. We also probably haven't seen every echo yet, which I'm also ok with. Kind of wondering who else will get in as one now...
- I was actually hoping Alph would be promoted to a clone/echo here, never really liked him being just a palette swap.
- Kind of disappointed Bomberman's an assist (and also kind of think of it's unusual) but oh well, happy he's acknowledged. Not personally bothered by any of the others that are out of it, though a few I wouldn't have minded seeing playable.
-- Overall the game just looks really really nice, there are a few decisions I'm mixed on or don't care for but nothing is perfect. A lot of the changes they have shown have been really great. It's been more than enough to hype me and I'm really looking forward to Ultimate now. It's gonna be great.

Mcmadness said:
I don't think there is much to be done with Alph anyway, even in Pikmin itself all captains play the same.
We know at one point Sakurai considered Alph for a separate character slot with the a moveset that would have involved Rock Pikmin in some way. Not sure how unique he would have been but I wouldn't have been bothered with him being separate. Shame he's once again stuck as an alt, but hey that's better than a lot of characters who never get a chance.

I hope every stage from the previous Smash games return, of course some would need some adjustments. For instance, since Ridley is now playable, they’ll just make new hazards for Pyrosphere somehow, I don’t want it to be some empty gigantic stage.

tumblr_paacbtwhwG1x62z9mo1_250.png

A detail I noticed that Mario's up b sometimes gives you regional coins from Odyssey, it's not due to the costume either, I saw him get the regular gold coins earlier in this match

Ness doesn't headbutt for his up aerial anymore. He smacks the air similarly to Peach

https://mobile.twitter.com/theSirToasty/status/1006933950764380160

Not sure how to feel about this. I'm going to miss the headbutt, that's for sure.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Ness doesn't headbutt for his up aerial anymore. He smacks the air similarly to Peach

Not sure how to feel about this. I'm going to miss the headbutt, that's for sure.
I miss Peach's double split kick that she had as her up aerial. It was a lot more satisfying to hit opponents with than the rainbow.

Russian Baby Luigi said:

It fits better.

Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
FLUDD was used during the invitational, it's back. It still does the same thing as usual.
Yep, I've seen him now.

So here are Mario's special moves in Smash Ultimate:
Standard: Fireball Cap Throw
Side: Cape
Up: Super Jump Punch
Down: FLUDD
Final Smash: Mario Finale

Nice to see that Cappy and FLUDD are both part of Mario's moveset.

Wait, he doesn't throw fireballs anymore?

Wait, so Cap Throw isn't a move? I didn't see Fireball in any videos and I thought it was replaced by Cap Throw. Come to think of it, Cap Throw wasn't shown either. Too bad, I was hoping Cappy would be more than a minor visual change.

If they were to add Dragonborn from Skyrim as a playable character, I want there to be gender swap like Wii Fit Trainer, Robin and Corrin to fit the traditional character creation in the Elder Scrolls series.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Wait, so Cap Throw isn't a move? I didn't see Fireball in any videos and I thought it was replaced by Cap Throw. Come to think of it, Cap Throw wasn't shown either. Too bad, I was hoping Cappy would be more than a minor visual change.
Mario throws Cappy as a taunt, so maybe your memory is messing with you.

Well I’m late on what happened a few pages back (I haven’t been coming to this site that often), but here are my top 10 most wanted newcomers:
10. King K Rool
9. Crash Bandicoot
8. Spyro
7. Dragonborn
6. Rayman
5. Travis Touchdown
4. Simon Belmont
3. Sub Zero
2. Sora
1. Banjo Kazooie

supermariofan said:
Well I’m late on what happened a few pages back (I haven’t been coming to this site that often), but here are my top 10 most wanted newcomers:
10. King K Rool
9. Crash Bandicoot
8. Spyro
7. Dragonborn
6. Rayman
5. Travis Touchdown
4. Simon Belmont
3. Sub Zero
2. Sora
1. Banjo Kazooie
None of them made it, sorry.

For some reason, while I felt like Ridley entering felt natural, it still felt like a dream that Daisy made it in even as an Echo Fighter (or some of you like to call: a clone). It doesn't really help that Echo Fighters like Dark Pit and Lucina never had the benefit of Melee's clones who had several changes to make them less derivative so Daisy had to make do with the largely same moveset as Peach.

Thank you for reading.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
supermariofan said:
10. King K Rool
9. Crash Bandicoot
8. Spyro
7. Dragonborn
6. Rayman
5. Travis Touchdown
4. Simon Belmont
3. Sub Zero
2. Sora
1. Banjo Kazooie
You know the game is not even out yet right?

supermariofan said:
Sunshine Yoshi said:
supermariofan said:
10. King K Rool
9. Crash Bandicoot
8. Spyro
7. Dragonborn
6. Rayman
5. Travis Touchdown
4. Simon Belmont
3. Sub Zero
2. Sora
1. Banjo Kazooie
You know the game is not even out yet right?
Yeah, but they announced the characters for the game, and there are only two newcomers: Inkling and Ridley. Daisy doesn't count.

They may add some surprise newcomers, but it's very unlikely. This game's roster is focused on returning all 63 veterans (plus Echo Fighters), and it accomplished just that.

Back