Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Why not have two versions of Stage Builder: Brawl version and Sm4sh version when handheld (Brawl could still be used in handheld of course)? Although I really wish they sold a stylus with a small tip for the Switch screen. Not all people's fingers are tiny.

Or they could just combine the best features if the two (never used Stage Builder in Brawl, apparently that's the superior version).

(Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) perfection doesn't exi--

Moldomré said:
Why not have two versions of Stage Builder: Brawl version and Sm4sh version when handheld (Brawl could still be used in handheld of course)? Although I really wish they sold a stylus with a small tip for the Switch screen. Not all people's fingers are tiny.

Or they could just combine the best features if the two (never used Stage Builder in Brawl, apparently that's the superior version).
Yeah. Maybe Fawful's idea, but with more things than both versions combined, along with outright removal of the weight mechanic.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I remember making a stage that was just a huge box in Brawl. I had to put spikes at the top so the player starting positions didn't default to on top of the box though.

I think I added a single TINY gap in the corner, because I didn't think a stage where KOs are impossible would be accepted. To this day I've never tried it without the gap so I don't know if it would've let me save. But yeah that did kind of make it so if someone does manage to get KO'd they spawn on top with the spikes. Was still fun to set up endless lvl9 CPU free-for alls and go to bed for the night to see what kind of crazy numbers are racked up in the morning. One time I recorded that onto a blank VHS lol. The CPUS would always eventually end up back in the box.

Excited to see what Ultimate's will look like. I remember not doing much with 4's since I don't remember tile-based ground and while drawing it is definitely a nice feature, tiles are easier to ensure it works as intended lol. Ideally we get both.
It does let you save a completely closed box. My older brothers made one almost exactly like yours, but they also made one that was completely enclosed with spikes on top with the appropriate name of HECK. You couldn't really have a proper battle in there unless you did Stamina mode.

imma just complain about the hands in classic mode oh my god i hate them
im just tryna beat all classic modes starting from 5.0, not aiming for 9.9 or anything, thats cool and good but Half the classic modes end on the hands and i hate it so much oh my god. they have 56464458 attacks and i can hardly dodge any of them. i end up dying at least once every single time, except yesterday for some reason when i was playing dedede's classic mode
you can excuse all this to me sucking at the game but i wanted to complain anyway

The hands are always going to be limited by the moves they perform, so try predicting what they're going to do next before you attack them, and it's generally safe to attack once you know that a move is finished. You get better with experience, trust me.

Yeah. It's really satisfying to beat both of them without losing once.

Did that with Ike once and I got myself to 9.6 points. Still my best score to date.

Heavy characters are the best characters to get 9.9 with in my experience. Even though Ike isn't my main, I still managed to get 9.9 as him.

I've only got to 9.9 with King K. Rool and Pichu. I rarely ever use Pikachu, let alone Pichu, I only started on 5.0 because I thought it would be funny.

I only have 84 spirits left until I get all of the Primaries to Level 99, after that I don't know what I'm going to do now because I have at least one of every spirit, I even went out of my way to get Marx and Dracula in their base form.

It looks like the one Best Buy leaked. It looks amazing.

joker looks freaking amazing, really want him

stage looks a bit bland but that's a nonissue, they have last surprise, mass destruction AND reach out to the truth, a freaking holy trinity of persona music hooray!

stage builder is cool but something i probably wouldn't touch outside of making a few lol levels

and the rest are outshined by joker

Also you can have different layers for Stage Builder for more decorative stages. Nice.
Gotta say, I "never [saw] it comiiiiiin".

Get it, the Persona song?
Nvm, overused joke[r].

It's kinda sad to me that viewing other people's levels requires Nintendo Switch Online.

That also kinda worries me considering Super Mario Maker 2. Maybe the game will need the service. At least I hope not.

But yeah, looking forward to this, and I'm trying Joker tomorrow, as I already purchased the entire expansion.

Cuphead said:
That also kinda worries me considering Super Mario Maker 2. Maybe the game will need the service. At least I hope not.

Would be very surprised if it didn't, but I guess it could remain to be seen. A huge part of the game will be unavailable to anyone who can't get online, which would be a little ridiculous.

Moldomré said:
There's a (at least U.S. wide) server error.

DANG IT NINTENDO THERE'S TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO WANT JOKER THEY'RE BREAKING IT.
Made something to commemorate this occasion

CQtKQEU.png

Joker is actually reeeeally cool. For someone who's never played Persona, I love his whole theme, along with his songs.

Stage Builder...will need some getting used too. But it works well enough.

So I tried Joker, and he's really fun! I've never played Persona, so all of his moveset is brand new to me.

I haven't tried stage builder much, but right now, to me, it's pretty difficult to use. Especially layering objects.

Cuphead said:
It's kinda sad to me that viewing other people's levels requires Nintendo Switch Online.

But yeah, looking forward to this, and I'm trying Joker tomorrow, as I already purchased the entire expansion.
Yeah I can't believe a company trying to make you pay for a service would have things that can't be accessed without a service.

Back