Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I know Smash 4 had a lot of stage/music packs without characters, including a Kirby one. It's too bad they don't seem to be doing that with Ultimate.

i dont even play ssbu anymore but!!!! i hate it here it seems like any music to the base game series may only be added with a dlc character which is like.... can that really happen for a lot of these. are we getting a yoshi rep in this pass just so we could have the final boss theme.

i dont even play ssbu anymore but!!!! i hate it here it seems like any music to the base game series may only be added with a dlc character which is like.... can that really happen for a lot of these. are we getting a yoshi rep in this pass just so we could have the final boss theme.
Who would it be? Yoshi basically is the Yoshi franchise.

kamek or poochy would be pretty much the only choices, theyre a pretty notable part of the series and could pick a lot from there and not just mainline mario

kamek or poochy would be pretty much the only choices, theyre a pretty notable part of the series and could pick a lot from there and not just mainline mario
Kamek, even though he debuted as a part of the Yoshi franchise, has appeared in more games under the Mario franchise.
Poochy seems more like an Assist Trophy than a fighter.

Yoshi's appeared in more Mario games than Yoshi games.

Which brings into question why exactly Smash bothers distinguishing Yoshi as its own franchise, or even Wario for that matter.
Yoshi gets his fighting style from the Yoshi's Island games, so it kind of makes sense.
Wario's main costume is his outfit from WarioWare, with his moves coming from either Wario Land or Wario World.

Last edited:
Between Donkey Kong, Wario, and Yoshi, Yoshi's games are easily the least distinct and make much more use of Mario characters than the other two. His platformers also take more after core Mario games than DK's or Wario's, and before Yoshi started becoming its own thing, the original Yoshi's Island would appear to have been considered a core Mario game itself.

Wario at least uses a lot of non-Mario characters in his games and has a very distinct playstyle, but say, if Waluigi were to get into Smash as a fighter, we'd have some odd predicament where Waluigi is considered a Mario character but not Wario, which kinda goes against the reason Waluigi was invented in the first place. Heck, we already kind of have that with Trophies and Spirits.

But both Yoshi and Wario debuted as and remain key characters in the Mario cast, and it just doesn't make sense to me to call them anything other than Mario characters.

What confuses me is why a stage from a Super Mario game is considered a Yoshi stage.
This too. It just goes to show how ludicrous it is to consider Yoshi separate. Kind of annoying how I only have one Mario music option on a Mario stage...

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, bruh.

Also, mix up their fighting styles so they're not completely like the Ice Climbers. Have a Mario & Luigi inspired moveset that takes inspiration across the series, not just Partners in Time.

Also, mix up their fighting styles so they're not completely like the Ice Climbers. Have a Mario & Luigi inspired moveset that takes inspiration across the series, not just Partners in Time.
Wait... does Baby Luigi have a Spirit in Ulitmate?

He doesn't have a stand-alone spirit, but he is in the Goo-Goo Buggy and the Stork spirits. Goo-Goo Buggy is my favorite spirit in the game, sister and I even buffed it to be an Ace-power spirit with three slots.

What confuses me is why a stage from a Super Mario game is considered a Yoshi stage.
Probably some quirk from the Melee days. I mean in the same game, they have Yoshi's Story as a stage (although it's a second stage from Yoshi's Story...is Yoshi's Story so important to have two stages from there), so it's not like Yoshi needs some form of new stage representation.

He doesn't have a stand-alone spirit, but he is in the Goo-Goo Buggy and the Stork spirits. Goo-Goo Buggy is my favorite spirit in the game, sister and I even buffed it to be an Ace-power spirit.
Soma Cruz is my favorite Spirit. He has the highest power for a three slot spirit.

Probably some quirk from the Melee days. I mean in the same game, they have Yoshi's Story as a stage (although it's a second stage from Yoshi's Story...is Yoshi's Story so important to have two stages from there), so it's not like Yoshi needs some form of new stage representation.

I can't believe it took until Brawl to get Yoshi's Island representation...

Soma Cruz is my favorite Spirit. He has the highest power for a three slot spirit.

I like Armor Knight + Slow Super Armor + Tank style (I replaced the Black Knight and Zelgius with Dark Light :P). It destroys all spirit fights without stage hazards (like, lava, poison, or wind) or gold characters.

I can't believe it took until Brawl to get Yoshi's Island representation...

I like Armor Knight + Slow Super Armor + Tank style (I replaced the Black Knight and Zelgius with Dark Light :P). It destroys all spirit fights without stage hazards or gold characters.
I trained some of my higher power legendaries with the demon style, combined with Giant Killer, Special Move Power, and Hyper Smash Attacks. I maxed out all of my spirits to Level 99, btw.

damb i never actually. slapped any styles on any of my spirits i just kinda rolled with the strongest spirits most of the time
I Believe all of mine are level 99 too but i dont remember for sure. doc louis is a godsend though
edit: also its nice to know you can buff up lower level spirits to higher levels if you just like them enough

damb i never actually. slapped any styles on any of my spirits i just kinda rolled with the strongest spirits most of the time
I Believe all of mine are level 99 too but i dont remember for sure. doc louis is a godsend though
edit: also its nice to know you can buff up lower level spirits to higher levels if you just like them enough
There should have been an Ultimate spirit class

Music is the general reason I think against a character from Dragalia Lost, sure, CyGames themselves made music for Ultimate but most of the music from Dragalia is remixes of songs from a big Japanese record label, I think a neat solution is to get DAOKO to record remixes of vocal songs from the other game series in Smash(Plus reuse the ones made for the FEH and Mega Man collabs) to reference Dragalia's own history of crossovers and I'm not sure even that will work

Considering most of Yoshi stuff in Smash 64 is based on Yoshi's Story where Baby Mario is just mentioned and and this was before Kamek and other characters started appearing in non Yoshi games, it's just a result of timing and it would be weird to change it now.
Wario's games has their own setting, characters from them only appearing in other Mario games a grand total of twice, tone and while genres are something Mario tackled before, the way they play entirely different, I feel him having his own logo is justified,

Smash is really bad at representing music for game series and I'm really not surprised they did this to Minecraft at this point.

Back