Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

So, is Piranha Plant with Daisy and Lip Mii Swordfighter with Lip Sticks and Fire Flowers on vs a Zombie is as close we got to Plants vs. Zombies in Smash?

the presentation is going on right now and im just seeing live reactions from two servers and apparently all the music is from dungeons i hate it here
unknown.png
(*the biggest not main reason)
everything loks very interetsong otherwise

Last edited:
I don't know much about Minecraft music, but is there, like, um, "unfitting" music that would actually be fun to fight to?

I think my one disappointment with Steve's inclusion is the lack of music from the base game. Part of me assumes that there might be a licensing issue at play here, past just the "too relaxing" part. It feels bizarre to have Minecraft come to Smash without including Sweden, which is arguably one of the most iconic video game tracks from the past few decades. If you're not convinced that Sweden can work as a track in Smash, there are three separate remixes I've found that would work great, each with their own strengths.

Of course, Sweden isn't the only track that's a shame to miss out on. Dry Hands, Moog City, Mice on Venus, all of these tracks are atmospheric and calming in their composition, but with some creativity absolutely could've been adapted for Smash. If we can get literal Environmental Noises as a stage track, I don't understand why Minecraft music is such a concern

I'm fine even with calming music, and even the original Sweden hits the spot, I would have enjoyed to Smash to it. I'm so tired of the constant high energy or tense stuff; Calling to the Night from Metal Gear remains to be one of my favorite tracks in the game since it's actually great to fight to and it stands out. There's also music from the Wii series of games such as Pictochat which are calm in a similar vein as well. To be fair, a lot of the calming music was originally there in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so they returned them (I don't think any new tunes are calming), but they still ended up cutting the original Midna's Lament and that's a decision I thought was pretty stupid to remove options.

Even if you don't like how it's "unfitting" I mean, it should be there as an option for people who want it regardless. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would play Smash to Sweden.

I don't think Steve's introduction had any impact on the chance of Angry Birds characters getting in. Angry Birds are from a mobile game, which has never been included in Smash before, whereas Minecraft started as a pc game. Although as far as I'm aware, that does create a new landmark in Smash, the first character to originate from a pc game, so who can say what expectation can be broken next

now that we got minecraft... does that mean that angry birds has a chance?

I suppose in a technical sense since Angry Birds did get games for Wii U and 3DS. However, I think overall Minecraft is larger scale as Angry Birds is only one of the many mobile games that hit it big. And there's certainly alot more 3rd party choices out there. Pretending Minecraft is some random game that got super popular and lucked into a Smash Bros. spot is ignorant of how huge it actually got (Not that I'm accusing you of thinking that way, but Steve meaning Angry Birds chances went up is a bit of a stretch). You didn't have tons of youtube channels become almost exclusively Angry Birds just for an example. And Minecraft has been on Nintendo systems for 5 years and it's the best selling game of all time.

Yeah I'll agree that Minecraft probably at least helps Fortnite in the future. I don't think Fortnite will be in Ultimate (or at least, not a playable character. Spirit event or even a surpise Mii costume possibly just for funsies) but certainly a possibility for the next Smash game lol

Steve doesn't affect the chance of Angry Birds because they were already possible, they from a video game, as such they can get in Smash. As with most characters, I don't think they're going to happen, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility entirely.

I don't know man, we got a Warframe character as a spirit, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Angry Bird spirits at the very least.

I don't know man, we got a Warframe character as a spirit, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Angry Bird spirits at the very least.

Yeah. Really hoping for that Mighty Eagle assist trophy.

glad to know im not the only one so upset over the lack of base minecraft music. we were ROBBED
pretty sure its licensing issues if anything. Too Relaxing is not an excuse considering a whole bunch of other music in the game.. hello enviromental noises!! and even if you want less relaxing choices you have the music discs!!! also you can do remixes that do bop too. you could have calm4 too
is there a chance for more music to be added separately later on?? theres a ton that seems missing from the game in general, like the yi final boss and mario + rabbids music

is there a chance for more music to be added separately later on??
anything beyond the precious charcutters is dead meat. for a while, i've been wanting more/returning items, returning stages (esp that one), more music.

Back