Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Donkey Kong Jr.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Spike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
I mean, this is the same franchise that paired Baby Mario and Baby Goddamn Peach together than do the logical thing and pair Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in games like Mario Tennis Open, Mario Kart Arcade GP DX....(god lord help me if any more of those types of games get released in the future where Baby Peach is favored over Baby Luigi for a partner as Baby Mario) despite Baby Luigi being the best partner for Baby Mario there is.

They don't necessarily need to do the logical thing. They may as well pair those two together because for the same superficial reasons you stated: they felt like to, they're another pair of females, they're female NPCs who don't get kidnapped, etc. And who knows if Rosalina and Pauline get their relationship developed in future games if they were hypothetically paired? None of us would have predicted that back when Mario Tennis 64 was released; hindsight is 20/20.

Im sorry but that's a reach as well and you know it.

While i do i agree that Baby Mario and Baby Luigi should always be the default set, pairing the former with Baby Peach is not an stretch at all.

Peach and Mario are a thing, and so are PGP and MM now , so Baby Peach + Baby Mario makes sense.

It's not like it's Baby Mario + Baby Donkey kong for instance.

Pauline's design , for the third time, doesn't even compliments nor matches Rosalina's ... hell she doesn't even look similar to Peach or Daisy, she simply doesn't blend with them so it really doesn't look right in any angle you wanna put it.

But ok, go with the hypotetical route ... we might get a better idea of what's gonna be in the next trailer.

Also, for the record and unrelated, i never opposed to Pauline being in the game at all, i simply don't agree making her a leech of Rosalina to give an excuse to put her in , that's basically it.

Why don't people go and try to leech off Donkey Kong , at least that makes some sort of sense... or maybe pretend that Cappy could also get in , if you are sooo needy for Odyssey characters.

By the way, such big games have never been acknowledged in Tennis when it comes to characters debuting at least ... i would expect that Mario Kart would be Pauline's debut as playable if ya'll are so excited for that, it just seems more logical.

Swiftie_Luma said:
By the way, such big games have never been acknowledged in Tennis when it comes to characters debuting at least ... i would expect that Mario Kart would be Pauline's debut as playable if ya'll are so excited for that, it just seems more logical.

Aren't you forgetting the Sprixie Princess in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, though?

(she's probably the first character to go in Mario Tennis Aces anyway)

Well that's actually true. She is pretty forgettable though, possibly a one time addition.

I dont think if they bring Pauline up in here it's gonna be for a one time tho...

i simply don't know about that, all i know is that Rosalina and Pauline have nothing in common to make them be partners.

This is pulling out another ''Baby Rosalina'' tier shit and i don't like it , personaly.

I would be good if DK is her partner, but DK already have his own partner, which is Diddy.

Camelot will pair Pauline and Rosalina as tennis partners, and I'm okay with this. We can have a ♀♀ vs ♀♀ match.

Korekiyo Shinguji said:
ITT Swiftie Luma is jealous that a character who was forgotten for years is being compared to Rosalina who hasn't really done anything of value in years.

Jealous of what?

Relevancy? Pauline isn't more relevant than Rosalina or any other main female.

Popularity? Pauline isn't even more popular than Daisy ... let that sink in.

Abilities? Rosalina is a cosmic being with Super natural abilities ... Pauline is just run of mill woman.

Appearence???? Both are designed to be appealing , grown women.

i think you may wanna try again on that.

Pauline is not a bad character per see but way to go and ignore the fact that she hasn't done ANYTHING remotely relevant not even in Odyssey.

Even Peach has her own abilities and a game to brag about , and Rosalina once again has done way more and represents something more important than a "prize" as a female character .

The only thing I can see in your post is that you don't choose your words carefully.

I don't think Rosalina should be Pauline's partner, but one thing's for sure: Pauline is becoming more popular and relevant, and if she makes into the spin-offs, she'll be at least as relevant as Daisy (and arguably Rosalina at this point but that really depends on your point of view).

As for the question, I think Donkey Kong would be a good pairing for her if Diddy Kong goes with Dixie. Cappy would also be fine. No New Donkers though, because they aren't important enough and they aren't specific characters.

Luigi 64DD said:
I don't think Rosalina should be Pauline's partner, but one thing's for sure: Pauline is becoming more popular and relevant, and if she makes into the spin-offs, she'll be at least as relevant as Daisy (and arguably Rosalina at this point but that really depends on your point of view).

As for the question, I think Donkey Kong would be a good pairing for her if Diddy Kong goes with Dixie. Cappy would also be fine. No New Donkers though, because they aren't important enough and they aren't specific characters.

Exactly.

That's another thing.

If you wanna talk about Pauline becoming prominent, then sure because that's an actual fact because Odyssey revived her in a considerable way.

On topic, like i said, it would make more sense to with Cappy since people would make the Odyssey connection , i highly doubt people today that think of Pauline think of her because her debut or the minis games , they are clearly gonna think of Odyssey.

However, mixing Rosalina up in here merely because of superficial reasons is just not gonna happen and this , once again, doesn't mean Pauline can't appear more or even be playable.

Just don't mix Rosalina in this because it's like apples and oranges.

i would totally main that

IMO, all four of them (Peach, Orange Peach, Teal Peach, and now Red Peach) look sameish to begin with, making them pretty interchangeable, and I argue that Pauline is actually the one that stands out the most

and also, this is the series that thought this pairing is okay probably because DK otherwise wouldn't have a partner

773px-DKandBabyMarioTennis.png

Why can't he just partner with Donkey Kong Jr.??????

probably didn't want to reveal him being a secret character.

I bet it would be Wapauline, even though there's no way that will be Pauline's partner.

Thank you for reading.

I think I'm alone here but I'm gonna pick Donkey Kong. Not the Donkey Kong from Rare and returns/tropical freeze but the one from the arcade and gameboy, Cranky Kong. Her old ennemy and the one she named (I think she did ? Maybe not) her city after. It might look weird but for me it makes a lot of sense. Or donkey Kong Jr because they already appeared in the same game (donkey Kong for Gameboy) and I'd like him to return because we need a current DK baby (Baby DK from Yoshi's Island DS is Cranky).

I honestly think Peach + Pauline is a good pairing. They're the earliest debuting female characters so now that Pauline is probably going to be included I think she should be Peach's partner from now on whenever she's there.

Back